Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (10) released 20/8

Season (10) :
• Noah Long (Knee)
• Elijah Hewett (Foot)
• Tyler Brockman (Ankle)
• Callum Jamieson (Ankle/Knee)
• Dom Sheed (Foot/Hamstring)
• Luke Edwards (Concussion)
• Josh Rotham (Abdominal)
• Tom Barrass (Back/Hamstring) - Was 1-2 weeks
• Jeremy McGovern (Thumb) - New
• Jamaine Jones (Concussion) - New

It’s the last game of the season so all players are now listed as out for the season

Chesser and Burgiel have both been removed from the list after recovering from their respective injuries

Andrew Gaff has retired and won’t be available to play

Dom Sheed becomes the 5th player to be shutdown for the season with foot surgery likely to go with the hamstring injury he suffered last week

Luke Edwards to be out longer than usual as he manages a third concussion for the year putting him in a race to return this season

Rotham with an abdominal problem that’s likely to keep him out this week and next which again gets him close to out for the season

Barrass a test for his concussion and a lingering hamstring issue

Edwards of the Harry variety also in

Bad timing for Luke Edwards and Rotham in regards to making a late season run of good form to try convince people they're worth holding.

Always feel bad for the players but some list spots have to change and those two are in the discussion of being let go.
Sorry while I don’t disagree with your general sentiment I think Rotham has already had way too much opportunity to show what he can (can’t) do. LEd similar but less so.

Sorry while I don’t disagree with your general sentiment I think Rotham has already had way too much opportunity to show what he can (can’t) do. LEd similar but less so.
I don't think either will stay. Would actually prefer Edwards over Rotham if I had to pick one.

But I will always feel for the players.

I don't think either will stay. Would actually prefer Edwards over Rotham if I had to pick one.

But I will always feel for the players.
I too feel for the players but in any workplace if you're given lots of opportunities and don't perform you (should) get moved on. So I agree re LEd v Rotham even if only on the principle one has had 72 games the other 36.

But it applies even more so to say Trew 11 and Culley 12. There's just no point hanging on to players who've had plenty of opportunities but are still mediocre.

So hopefully goodbye to Witho 119 and JJ 66; while the contracted Petro 86 can go to WAFL as a 'break glass' (unfortunately, he's worth SFA as a trade).

Sheed himself mentioned that he has to manage this foot issue the rest of his career.

Is it really worth him persisting given he will likely be playing WAFL next year.
If he's willing to play the Jackson Nelson role at the Beagles next year then I'm happy for him to play out the final year of his contract. If not pay him out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too feel for the players but in any workplace if you're given lots of opportunities and don't perform you (should) get moved on. So I agree re LEd v Rotham even if only on the principle one has had 72 games the other 36.

But it applies even more so to say Trew 11 and Culley 12. There's just no point hanging on to players who've had plenty of opportunities but are still mediocre.

So hopefully goodbye to Witho 119 and JJ 66; while the contracted Petro 86 can go to WAFL as a 'break glass' (unfortunately, he's worth SFA as a trade).
A bit harsh on Culley I think considering he has not long been back from his layoff having had an ACL - before doing his ACL thought he showed some promise - as they say that first year back players do lose penetration in their kicking. Obviously will be up to the List Manager however would not be adverse to seeing him get another contract although Culley himself may not wish to pursue an extension.

A bit harsh on Culley I think considering he has not long been back from his layoff having had an ACL - before doing his ACL thought he showed some promise - as they say that first year back players do lose penetration in their kicking. Obviously will be up to the List Manager however would not be adverse to seeing him get another contract although Culley himself may not wish to pursue an extension.
Was actually suggesting players like Culley and Trew - with very few games - should be prioritised at the expense of 60+ gamers who’ve mostly shown bugger all.

If culley gets culled, i'll be dumping a pile of horse shite at the doors of MRP.

If culley gets culled, i'll be dumping a pile of horse shite at the doors of MRP.
Another full preseason and he will shine. I can see him dominating the wafl and coming into the side to replace Yeo during his 6-8 games rest/rehab moments. We should not be delisting any of the 18-22 yo players. It's the 23-28yo who have had 60+ games to prove themselves we need rid of

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another full preseason and he will shine. I can see him dominating the wafl and coming into the side to replace Yeo during his 6-8 games rest/rehab moments. We should not be delisting any of the 18-22 yo players. It's the 23-28yo who have had 60+ games to prove themselves we need rid of

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
We need to be looking at which 18-22 year old players arent good enough. We definitely have at least a couple who are a very low chance to make it. This includes Culley.

Hate him or loathe him but you gotta feel for a bloke who gets injured knowing his AFL career is probably done.

Yes and no. He's had ample opportunity to show he's up to it. Unfortunately the answer returned in the negative. Roth is just one of those players who has the athleticism for the top level no problem but probably not even a WAFL level footballer.

Not sure he gets a lifeline even if TB moves on. Just not the right sort of cover.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back