Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Research. Ha ha. Graham works for the Advertiser and the Advertiser cater for the general population, who lets face it, are idiots and don't demand quality journalism. Make no mistake, the only difference between one of us writing an Advertiser article and their part-time columnists, is that we aren’t d-grade celebrities. Many of these writers are biased and unread on the topics they write about, BUT that’s ok, because they have good ‘shock value’. No research or factual integrity required.

I remember reading one of Graham’s anti-port articles. He tried to set the port-hating tone early, by saying it was strange that ‘greed’ wasn’t one of the deadly sins. Yes it is, dip shit. And again today, he exposes his lack of understanding in the SMA dealings. How the hell are we supposed to take Graham seriously when he discredits himself so easily and can’t get the basics right? As a few people have said here, his bigoted views are more amusing than offensive.
My final ounce of respect for Wrinkles disappeared a couple of years ago, when he wrote that mind numbingly stupid article complaining about the umpiring in the 1993 preliminary final against Essendon: further proof that, when it comes to putting old grudges aside, Graham Cornes is like a dog with a bone. The day he retires will be a truly great day for South Australia!!!!

My final ounce of respect for Wrinkles disappeared a couple of years ago, when he wrote that mind numbingly stupid article complaining about the umpiring in the 1993 preliminary final against Essendon: further proof that, when it comes to putting old grudges aside, Graham Cornes is like a dog with a bone. The day he retires will be a truly great day for South Australia!!!!

The free count was 32-15 that day. However, the lopsided count seemed to have been a bit more due to a few players ability to manipulate the umpires than anything. Gavin Wanganeen had 8 frees and gave away none, Tim Watson 3-0 and Darren Bewick 4-1. That's a count of 15-1 for 3 players only.

The free count was 32-15 that day. However, the lopsided count seemed to have been a bit more due to a few players ability to manipulate the umpires than anything. Gavin Wanganeen had 8 frees and gave away none, Tim Watson 3-0 and Darren Bewick 4-1. That's a count of 15-1 for 3 players only.

It's not like Essendon to get a good run at home during an improbable comeback against a visiting underdog #thefix #mcinerneymagic

On the SMA basically taking a large % of our corporate $ at AO Wrinkles said and I quote
"if thats correct its not right" o_O
You could have a battle of wits with him but he's only 1/2 prepared.

Reminds me of a quote that I read recently somewhere, likely BF, which went along the lines of:
"You should never argue with an idiot. They will bring the conversation down to their level, and then beat you with experience". :D

Last edited:
Nowhere did he ask why the crows haven't made multi million profits over the years with their near sell out crowds

Exactly ... that's the first question that should be asked of the SANFL!!!!

I liked today when Cornes said Koch has to pull his head in line and not say the stadium deal is rubbish. Rucci said what about fagan who said the same thing last week?

Cornes response

'Fagan has enough respect not to do it on a national stage'

Rucci

'So the crows website can only be viewed by those in SA?'

Rucci's quote is distorted a little - I think he actually said 'so the crows website is not a national website'.

Yeah but the umpires didn't make Andrew Jarman miss from the goal square in the last quarter. Fact is, the Crows lost from an unlosable position: suck it Cornes!!!

Yeah but the umpires didn't make Andrew Jarman miss from the goal square in the last quarter. Fact is, the Crows lost from an unlosable position: suck it Cornes!!!
Much like our PF, although the difference was we were never in a winning position. The frees went Hawthorns' way for a good period, although some of the misses from close in, particularly Schulzs', were unforgiveable.

There is an ad going around for a program which I assume to be a poor clone of England's "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" which shows a crate with "Aussie Celebrity" on it being dropped like a care package out of a plane into Africa. Good thing to do with Cornes.

Last edited:
I liked today when Cornes said Koch has to pull his head in line and not say the stadium deal is rubbish. Rucci said what about fagan who said the same thing last week?

Cornes response

'Fagan has enough respect not to do it on a national stage'

Rucci

'So the crows website can only be viewed by those in SA?'

Rucci's quote is distorted a little - I think he actually said 'so the crows website is not a national website'.

Checkmate.

Much like our PF, although the difference was we were never in a winning position. The frees went Hawthorns' way for a good period, although some of the misses from close in, particularly Schulzs', were unforgiveable.

Woah, I remember Schulz missing 3. 2 from angles outside 50, and one from the cheersquad practically behind the point post.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Woah, I remember Schulz missing 3. 2 from angles outside 50, and one from the cheersquad practically behind the point post.

Q1. 30-35 out in front, slight angle. Faded skinny? I was 3 imperial pints down by this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schulz scored 1.2. One was from outside 50 and was technically rushed as it was touched just before going through, one as you say was from the point post and was a tough one but one was on line with the right goalpost about 40 metres out. He probably would have got it at AO but the wind can be very tricky at the MCG at that angle.

Q1. 30-35 out in front, slight angle. Faded skinny? I was 3 imperial pints down by this point.
Drinking yards, were you?

Nowhere did he ask why the crows haven't made multi million profits over the years with their near sell out crowds
Exactly ... that's the first question that should be asked of the SANFL!!!!

The AFC was created specifically to be the cash cow of the SANFL, unlike us who were an existing club that was made to pay financially and with blood. Times are changing, it will take time for an organisation like the SANFL to be forced to relinquish its power. Koch and Co are smart, they realise the way for us to move ahead is via moving into the big league of national and international spotlight. If we are patient and work our butts of like we have been doing we will be in the black within 2 to 3 years, if we are smart, we will be in the bold black within 5 :)

Woeful said:
There have been six major players in this quantum shift to bring AFL football back to Adelaide Oval; the state government; the AFL, the SACA, the SANFL, Port Adelaide Football Club and the Adelaide Football Club.

Four of those parties were desperate to move to Adelaide Oval, regardless of what damage was done to the autonomy and heritage of the SANFL.

It followed that over some years there were many confidential negotiations that neither the Crows nor the SANFL were party to.

The word treachery springs to mind.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ck-on-big-losses/story-e6frea6u-1227123142007

Yes, Graham. How dare we meet with the AFL, the league we are actually playing in, about our terrible stadium deal without first consulting the mighty SANFL and of course the crows? What absolute treachery! :drunk:

I'm so pissed off with these flogs from the Crows who are celebrating our losses like it's another Showdown win for them. They are so easily misled so they don't realise if it wasn't for the massive, massive SANFL subsidy that they get with the $2 million a year handout they get at West Lakes, they would be losing as much as us. And that subsidy means that the Crows will lie down and obey with the SANFL/SMA negotiators. Port Adelaide as always will be doing the heavy lifting by ourselves and it will be the Crows that profit most from our work.

Meanwhile the SANFL pay money to put their pissant competition on 7mate and buy West Adelaide a video replay screen for Richmond Oval. No doubt Leigh Whicker is getting a huge leaving bonus as well as his $700,000 a year salary. Those things happen because Port and the Crows bring in huge crowds to Adelaide Oval.

He won't let that shit go after Brett Chalmers wrote to clubs telling them not to draft him so he could go to the Crows - actual draft tampering

IIRC, didn't Brett actually try to manipulate his way to Collingwood?

From Cornes' article (paraphrasing):
"Port get a clean stadium" (assuming ditto for Crows)
"How much money do the SACA make out of an AFL game day?"

Surely if the first point were true then the second answer would be zero. Not sure if it's ignorance or doublethink on his part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back