The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

But seriously though, why did it take an external review to finally remove two under performing people from the organisation?

How spineless is the club?
This!!

How is it that the club says they expect th external review to support their own findings .....if that were the case Burton and Camp would have been fired a 2 months ago .....just such a strange lag in making these decisions, when blind freddy could see it

Can I just add my voice to this - how glorious! The club has finally (although a bit late) acted and got rid of these cancers - cancers that have cost us a premiership, and led to us losing a host of players and coaching staff. I literally could not be happier that we have fired these guys and moved on...they are clearly the problem. It also means the players have absolutely no excuse for under performance now...it is up to them, and not the external environment

But seriously though, why did it take an external review to finally remove two under performing people from the organisation?

The only two reasons I could think off is to make sure the clubs thinking is on a similar page to an external group.

Or it's a power play against a certain board member.

4 Major appointments .....gee we've left it late ....hope discussions have been ongoing with potential candidates

But who exactly is making calls on trades and drafting .....rudderless ship

Reid and Ogilive. Same as always.

Not only that but we'll have a coach by the draft.

Agree

It shouldn't have taken a review to remove both Campo and Burton however lets hope the review goes above and beyond these 2 decisions

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got the email

“The Board has endorsed the following:

A change in leadership of the football department with Head of Football Brett Burton to depart the Club
A change to the coaching structure with Senior Assistant Coach Scott Camporeale to leave after nine years at the Crows
The creation of a new position, Head of Leadership and Culture, to deliver a new player leadership program across all areas of AFL and AFLW
Some structural realignment within the high performance area to enhance role clarity and communication between coaches and players”

Agree

It shouldn't have taken a review to remove both Campo and Burton however lets hope the review goes above and beyond these 2 decisions

I'm hoping to see more changes to the coaching panel beyond just Campo, but presumably that will wait until we have a new senior coach and he brings in some assistants of his own choosing.

Have to agree, thos would taken about 10 minutes.

I presume it had something to do with a payout but it has been well know Campo was gone months ago. I am surprised he didn't walk

Wonder if Burton still came to Etihad for trade week ??

Probably not. I'd be semi confident we prepared him to be sacked around the time we announced the head coach panel.

Agree

You get the feeling that there was a division of opinion in the board/upper management and the external review may have supported one of the factions. Will be interesting to see if there is further fallout.

4 Major appointments .....gee we've left it late ....hope discussions have been ongoing with potential candidates

But who exactly is making calls on trades and drafting .....rudderless ship
It aeems xlear that our list straregy is to attack and build from the draft opposed to topping up with players

We are looking at bringing in picks, not trading in players

Happy with results but Chappy has to go after the coach appointment.

He was part of the problem, backing in his people without second thought. On 5aa 5 weeks ago he said the external review would be in line with the internal review and he thought it would be completed weeks ago.

Clearly this wasnt the case and he has tp be accountable.

Im willing to give Fagan a pass because he only gets the info that is passed onto him and when Football Operations Burton is giving him the info then you can understand why there were issues. In terms of financial and off field stuff Fagan is running the club well IMO.

It aeems xlear that our list straregy is to attack and build from the draft opposed to topping up with players

We are looking at bringing in picks, not trading in players

Looks like we're picking an inexperienced Coach .....we'd better get the Football Manager Appointment right !!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Review

Back