Autopsy Things we learnt against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

From game preview (written last Sunday night)
I'm actually quietly confident about this one if we bring our A grade contested footy game to the cattery. The Cats tend to crumble under sustained pressure. We can't let them play keepings off like they did when they destroyed the Bulldogs. If we can limit the effectiveness of either Dangerfield or Selwood (or both) and keep up our tackling intensity for four quarters we are a big chance in this game especially if the conditions are a bit slippery. And...... we'll need to go a bit taller this week i think.

Response from Cinderalla Man:
God luv ya!

Yes, Cinderella, there IS a god and he certainly loves me. At least I have faith in my team. Hope you enjoyed the gutsy win like I did. Jeez, I must be a genius, especially as the game panned out pretty much as I suggested. (We killed them around the packs). I believe in our players and coaching staff just like board members such as Superstar Swan, Like Parker No.1 and, especially Swansrule100 (and others). Well done for a show of faith lads! We were 30 seconds away from winning last week and some of the fairweather members of this bored thought we were "doomed" for a belting against the Cats. I always go into a game thinking we are half a chance at least.

Jack- Congartulations on your 200th Kieran and you played an important part in the win too.
Mills- a superb game. If he doesn't win the Rising Star award this week I'll take back what I said about God from my last paragraph.
Rampe- The Geelong supporters must have been sick of watching mop it up and rebound time and again.
Parker, Jack, Hannebury and Kennedy- killed them in the clearances and around the packs with their quick hands
Towers- another good game with 4 quarter involvement. The usual one or two clangers well and truly made up for with 2 goals.
Grundy and Smith solid down back again.
Allir, Hewett, Papley, Jones, Naismith all good contributors in different ways.
Rose was a little off tonight but still tackled well and got the ball out on occasions.
The 3rd quarter this week won us the game, unlike last week's 3rd quarter performance.
Geelong's score would have been absolutely pitiful without the 3 charity goals in the first half.

Doris Stokes Ladies and Gentlemen.

A genius you say ??? Your understandably quite happy with yourself for having the ability to forecast AFL results but spare the pontificating and the insinuation of my lack of loyalty because your mind reading strengths aside I will take you to the cleaners if we need to get down to it. As a matter of interest the God Luv Ya quote was a compliment to you and your belief in the team. Your excited,great, but leave me out of your chest beating.

Hawkins was a joke tonight, flopped like a fish out of water

Is there a word or phrase when you don't like what is said, but have to accept it because its true?

Well played Swans - you were better in all aspects of the game tonight - please don't roll over to Hawthorn next week.

Spot on, Tedeski? Bedford?
Nah! He's right.
Knows his stuff about Towers.
Not an AFL footballer.
How in the hell he is representing a team that has won 11 & lost 4 games, two of which were lost after the siren, beats the sh.t out of me.
He needs to make up his mind where on the ground he needs to be. One second he is marking a ball down back going with the flight & then next second he is running full boar down forward marking for a shot on goal.
Stop f. . K i g running two ways Towers. Quit bloody playing tall & small.
Just play football for Christ sake & play like an AFL footballer:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Doris Stokes Ladies and Gentlemen.

A genius you say ??? Your understandably quite happy with yourself for having the ability to forecast AFL results but spare the pontificating and the insinuation of my lack of loyalty because your mind reading strengths aside I will take you to the cleaners if we need to get down to it. As a matter of interest the God Luv Ya quote was a compliment to you and your belief in the team. Your excited,great, but leave me out of your chest beating.

No thanks Cinderella. I've already been taken to the cleaners once in my life (non football related)

I haven't been this happy after a win since September 2012. This was just a complete performance.

1. I questioned Laidler's omission but our backline was absolutely superb. Rampe is a genuine superstar.

2. Callum Sinclair is not AFL standard

3. How the fck has Naismith not got a game for 2 years?

4. McVeigh has dished up a lot of crow the past few weeks. Was superb tonight.

5. Mills > Weitering

6. Benny gonna get that ROK treatment :(

7. AA has the best foot skills in our side and has a bit of mongrel about him.

8. Tippet/Heeney/Reid in for Sinclair/Towers/Ted and we'll be absolutely unstoppable.

Nah! He's right.
Knows his stuff about Towers.
Not an AFL footballer.
How in the hell he is representing a team that has won 11 & lost 4 games, two of which were lost after the siren, beats the sh.t out of me.
He needs to make up his mind where on the ground he needs to be. One second he is marking a ball down back going with the flight & then next second he is running full boar down forward marking for a shot on goal.
Stop f. . K i g running two ways Towers. Quit bloody playing tall & small.
Just play football for Christ sake & play like an AFL footballer:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Your dedication is honourable, why I don't know

I haven't been this happy after a win since September 2012. This was just a complete performance.

1. I questioned Laidler's omission but our backline was absolutely superb. Rampe is a genuine superstar.

2. Callum Sinclair is not AFL standard

3. How the fck has Naismith not got a game for 2 years?

4. McVeigh has dished up a lot of crow the past few weeks. Was superb tonight.

5. Mills > Weitering

6. Benny gonna get that ROK treatment :(

7. AA has the best foot skills in our side and has a bit of mongrel about him.

8. Tippet/Heeney/Reid in for Sinclair/Towers/Ted and we'll be absolutely unstoppable.
If you reckon McV was superb you are easily pleased. Beaten for marking in the backline in the second quarter for which he blamed Aliir and was outpaced regularly. But if you are happy with his defensive efforts good luck to you.

Not dedication.
Reality Kappa!
He was more a contributor to the win tonight than a non contributor.
If you have a crack in life you make some mistakes.
Dedication is getting on with it immediately so as to get it riht the next time.

1. Thought the Jack stuff was all pretty wank in the media etc but to his credit he stood up and delivered.
2. Didn't think Papley gave us anymore than McGlynn contrary to what people think. However, understand that they are probably going to look future rather than experience. Not sure though as may surprise with McGlynn in against Hawks.
3. Grundy quietish (probably means job done) but Alir, Mills and Rampe were big factor. Alir seems extremely composed and that is refreshing. Future in defence seeming better.

Welp. I have to disagree on point 2 as I just typed a paragraph stating otherwise. At this stage in his career intent has to play a big part. I truly believe Papley devotes his will and ability to a Sydney Swans victory in all his attempts. Granted at this point in his development that might have a negligible result on the outcome but every now and again it results in a win against the odds and at least offers a contest. Which is more than Mcgylnn has offered recently(if I may be so bold). So I would persist with Papley, even if we lose against the Hawks next week, in the face of uncertain results week to week.

1. My detox lasted a grand total of 6 days...that is a record lol

2. How good are our young blokes. This year will be great but these blokes in the future watch out.

3. Papley was a mile better than McGlynn. Made the most of his chances.

4. Heeney to come in probably for Rose, but despite not getting the ball much I loved his tackle and chase.

5. Rampe is a lock for the All Australian

Not dedication.
Reality Kappa!
He was more a contributor to the win tonight than a non contributor.
If you have a crack in life you make some mistakes.
Dedication is getting on with it immediately so as to get it riht the next time.
If you have a crack in life you make more mistakes? Seriously, life experiences?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the great wins. Stood up hard when momentum was against them. Enormous effort. Every player deserves credit.

Just once - and I get it that everyone can express an opinion - but why do people here feel that, after every game (especially after one of our greatest efforts) - we need to pick out players and sledge them. Every player played his part tonight. Previous whipping boys (Towers) wAs fantastic. It may surprise the snipers to know that there is actually a good opposition that forces mistakes.

Just once - can we not just celebrate a brilliant win without individual bitching?

Doesn't really matter what i think.
Righteo, forums then are useful for ? I'll spew my opinion then what? Your opinion, as is mine has absolutely no bearing on anything, nothing at all, to the result tonight, last week or next week.

Patty Dangerfield got some special protected species clause in his contract? Thought he would get more frees than both teams combined at one stage

We are in a fantastic spot. Next week is the key. We win that, we're top 4 & can give it a bloody good shake again.

We lose & it's not end of world stuff but makes top 4 slightly less likely.

Id like next week to insure against our brain fart v richmond in the last round :p

I think horse coached well
Re structured during game
Selected on form
Took players out who struggled etc
I noticed this from the opening bounce round 1 against the pies. We have youth & excitement again with guys like Paps, Hewy & Millsy. Tonight it was doubleA's turn.

Horse has focused on structure & flexibility. Eg. Playing a small fwd. Playing SuperTed fwd. Tippo/Sinc/Nank/Naisy fwd/ruck. Macca def/mid/fwd. Etc etc.

We let the early season form slip a bit after Tip went down but I think the combo of Nank/Sinc/Naisy can cover till he gets back.

Good win.
11 & 4 now.
We might lose the next 4.
Be happy tonight.

Carlton Freo and Port?

We have more wins than Carlton and Freo combined and we play Port at the SCG.

Watchin the replay right now.

17-18mins to go. Papley leaves his man runs hard at the ball & the two oncoming cats players knowing what's coming but goes head on full pelt to prevent them taking possession.

16mins to go. Rose does some good work to again get on the end of the ball but completely sprays his shot.

Few seconds later Millsy runs off his man to spoil the ball back foward. Brave. Smart.

14mins now & Towers is now lining up & slots a cracking goal from a way out.

Look at those names. That is what I'm happy about. That is bloody outstanding from our club & the next generation.

We are so lucky. We follow the best damn club in the history of clubs ever.

C'MON YOU BLOODS!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Things we learnt against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back