List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Personally if something gets under their skin so much they make Chief change thread titles on an oppositions board, I think it's the winner.

In fact Poort is the abreviation.

It was Poorta dlelie
Sorry but didn't you guys have a massive tanty over 'Norf' and get it banned from the main board? One of the all time fits over nothing. It would be like us crying over Weagles.

Port (Est. 6380 BCE) are the preeminent purveyors of preciousness, but your comrades on that board melt with the best of them.

Port don’t have a pick until R6 in this years draft, notionally pick 112 which admittedly will come in once list spots are finalised. They have 0 draft points

They also have no R1 or R4 pick next year, just their R2 and R3 picks

They might get a pick back in the Duursma-Two dads trade but Dildoro can throw away the lube and go in dry - Port can’t walk BZT to the PSD because someone will take him before they have a pick. Probably Adelaide

So if they get thrown a pick it’ll be a (very) late one
I thought there were restrictions on trading your R1 picks 1 drafts in a row. How did they get around that?

I really wish the cut off point for trading draft picks was today. Looking at the AFL site and the trade period section it says October 23 AFL Trade Period Opens – Selections Only, until November 8...it's like the song that doesn't end with this sport.

Jack Billings traded to Melbourne for a future 3rd round pick

He was drafted the pick before Marcus Bontempelli

Ouch

It’s not a trade period without Gold Coast giving away at least one former top 10 pick for a pack of cheezels

They’ve traded away more players taken in the top 10 in the last 2 years (Bowes, Hollands,Rankine) than we have on our list (Gaff and Ginbey)

GWS and GC. They are simply feeder clubs to the VFL sides.

The whole thing is rotten.

Jack Billings traded to Melbourne for a future 3rd round pick

He was drafted the pick before Marcus Bontempelli

Ouch
Some absolute bargains if you wait until the last day. Probably could have gotten Brockman for free if we go by what’s happened today.

Hollands for free is just absolute dog shit. Can’t wait for commentators to froth over how amazing Carlton’s recruiters are in finals series to come, and completely ignore the fact that they’ve gotten Jack Martin and Elijah Hollands - two super hyped players pre-draft - for literally nothing

Sorry but didn't you guys have a massive tanty over 'Norf' and get it banned from the main board? One of the all time fits over nothing. It would be like us crying over Weagles.

Port (Est. 6380 BCE) are the preeminent purveyors of preciousness, but your comrades on that board melt with the best of them.
I can't fathom any adult getting genuinely salty over things like Norf or Poort (or West Coke).

Let’s see how cheaply Carlton get Hollands and the absolute silence from the media about it, despite him being at one point a top 3 pick fancy iirc

🤗

Jimmy Fallon Shock GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Mackie - ‘It was my job to maximise the deal and I feel like it’s landed in a pretty good spot for both parties…’

Trading with the Cats is similar to trying to take an actual one for a dip at the beach.

In reality mate you made it far more difficult than it needed to be for no tangible result for your club. What a dingus
At Swanbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really wish the cut off point for trading draft picks was today. Looking at the AFL site and the trade period section it says October 23 AFL Trade Period Opens – Selections Only, until November 8...it's like the song that doesn't end with this sport.
Yeah but the good news is there's not too much clubs can do with just pick swaps only. Without being able to trade players into deals it makes things a lot harder.

I don't think a lot will happen in the trade picks period. Most clubs are now pretty settled with what they have and can't move up without selling the farm. Melbourne picks are average and Kangas won't trade pick 2&3 for Reid.

Pretty sealed now. Reid might aswell start packing on he's way to Perth.

I can’t wait until we get to last hour before draft starts.

Amount of commentary on pick 1 will be intense as there is nothing else to talk about.

Good news is we don’t have pressure to sell. Up to buyer to pony up if they want it.

Will it be Beggars or the Racists (that’s the hawks).

Yeah but the good news is there's not too much clubs can do with just pick swaps only. Without being able to trade players into deals it makes things a lot harder.

I don't think a lot will happen in the trade picks period. Most clubs are now pretty settled with what they have and can't move up without selling the farm. Melbourne picks are average and Kangas won't trade pick 2&3 for Reid.

Pretty sealed now. Reid might aswell start packing on he's way to Perth.
Agreed, NM only have the capital to trade. I suspect 2 must be included in any deal

Only way Reid isn't an eagles is if NM offer 2, 15,17 & 18 which I doubt they will do

Agreed, NM only have the capital to trade. I suspect 2 must be included in any deal

Only way Reid isn't an eagles is if NM offer 2, 15,17 & 18 which I doubt they will do
And then only if we can switch two of 15,17, 18 into pick 6 or 7 to get Curtin.

Can’t see a world we make a trade out of 1 where we don’t have a viable path to mckercher and Curtin, otherwise what’s the point

No thanks

I still want Harley and why would I do all that stuff and not maxiumise on talls when it is a KPD and Ruck draft?

Collard is not worth a pick in the 20's when there is a high chance he slides later and or he does not make it interstate and walks home in 2 years time.
Correct me if I’m wrong but Curtin and Zz are KPD? Curtin is now 197cm and he played well the few times he played as a key back. Zz a kpd and can Pinch hit in the ruck. How many KPD do you want in the draft…..

We brought in Flynn as a ruck and if the club is eyeing off English I see no need for another ruck currently.

As for Harley I like him as much as anyone and have watched nearly all of his games over the last 18 months but he’s not a miracle worker.

If Nth offer something such as 2 & 3 we should take it and split 3 again if possible and get our rebuild in full steam.

So rather interesting, just got off a flight from Adelaide to Perth

Scott Lycett was on the plane with me :think:

Coming home maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back