treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I've been one of Perrie's biggest fans for a long time but unfortunately he wasn't good enough today and McGregor should of played ahead of him.

Plus we shoulda given an injured Biglands a bit of game time in that last quarter because he couldve given us a much needed spark. I think from what i heard he only had a jarred knee. If he was to get injured we woulda always had Hudson the week after.

I'm gutted by the loss but it was a top effort however i would have liked to of seen those two things happen.

-Ben

You overuse the word unfortunately.

I know Perrie didn't have a pearler and he is an easy scapegoat but to be fair to him the delivery to him today wasn't that great mainly because of the Eagles midfield pressure. Unless you're a Jonathon Brown type super CHF then how well you play at CHF will largely be dependant on the delivery you get.

Ian Perrie!!!...USELESS

Having watched the Adelaide Crows v WCE match today,I find it very hard to believe that the crows have 20 odd players whom they class as inferior to Perrie,he was the weakest link on the field,the other43 players all put on a good performance,but Perrie?????he is useless,even Jarman kicked him out at North Adelaide a short time ago,

I think the Crows are the only team in AFL that don't have a recognised full forward,and until they get one,they will not achieve anything.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Re: Ian Perrie!!!...USELESS

Well for a start Bock and Welsh are the Full Forwards, not Ian Perrie. Yes he did have a poor game today but so did many others and finally there's already a thread on this.

Drummond said:
I want him delisted.

I want him out of the Crows.

He is the most pathetic footballer I have seen. He can't kick, can't run, can't mark.

DELISTED.

:rolleyes:

Don't get too down over the result Drummond.

I thought Perrie had an atrocious game today. But my question is, why do we always look for a scapegoat when we lose ?. There is 22 players out there, ok, he was probably the 22nd best but its a team game, requires a team effort, and we just weren't good enough. Perrie did drive me up the wall today but if we performed in the 2nd half like we did in the 1st, the result would have been different.
Their runners got on top, we were exploited and the rest is history. We can't live in the past of this defeat and starting blaming players, each other, umpires or coaching staff.
We have unite as one and support our team and hope we can build on this result, which I believe we can.
Good effort, this year team, and here's to a great year in 2007.

PS. I am just as shattered as the rest of you but I am trying to look at the positives.

jo172 said:

I know Perrie didn't have a pearler and he is an easy scapegoat but to be fair to him the delivery to him today wasn't that great mainly because of the Eagles midfield pressure. Unless you're a Jonathon Brown type super CHF then how well you play at CHF will largely be dependant on the delivery you get.

Hehehe
typo

Good points but Perrie just burnt the ball even when it wasn't a shot on goal.

-Ben

Drummond said:
I want him delisted.

He is the most pathetic footballer I have seen. He can't kick, can't run, can't mark.

DELISTED.

You maybe a veteran, poster, but you are also an absolute idiot!!! Yeah Perrie was the cause of the ball coming out of the middle. I think you should be delisted

jayjake said:
You maybe a veteran, poster, but you are also an absolute idiot!!! Yeah Perrie was the cause of the ball coming out of the middle. I think you should be delisted

Read my post above please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PerthCrow said:
So like Bock 2004 GF we have make decisions based on one game?

Yes he was poor and he will know that... now is not the time to get rid of everyone who played poorly today
He's been bad for over half a decade, I think that's reason enough to want him gone.

I agree maccas_no1.

jo172 said:

My sentiments exactly.

Perrie had a good first half, especially first quarter, when the team was up and running. However, his second half was atrocious, characterised by less effort in leading up to create an option, and even more costly, his second efforts were non-existant.:mad: Was Perrie injured? If so, he should have been off, with Welsh coming on earlier. Did he lack fitness? If so, there is no excuse for him. If he was both fit and uninjured, i am extremely disappointed with his effort. Either way he should have been dragged much earlier in the last quarter. I guess Biglands going down reduced our possible tall options up forward.

Having said all that (i am sure Stevens will cop a bagging also)...the best 22 were selected. People will no doubt scream out saying kenny should have played BUT he has worse recovery and second effort than Perrie and there is no way he has the speed to cover Hansen or Hunter. So for those who say Kenny should have played, i cannot disagree more strongly.

AND, it pains me to say it but in terms of the result, Perrie was not the worst player, my namesake was. Bassett unfortunately had his worst game in a long time after being such a great player all year.

treeman said:
I've been one of Perrie's biggest fans for a long time but unfortunately he wasn't good enough today and McGregor should of played ahead of him.

Plus we shoulda given an injured Biglands a bit of game time in that last quarter because he couldve given us a much needed spark. I think from what i heard he only had a jarred knee. If he was to get injured we woulda always had Hudson the week after.

I'm gutted by the loss but it was a top effort however i would have liked to of seen those two things happen.

-Ben

YES Perrie was poor BUT it was his lack of pace in the second half, and especially, poor second efforts in allowing Graham to win the contest easily once the ball hit the ground that was his undoing.

McGregor WOULD NOT have been any better in those areas!!! Calls for McGregor in hindsight are ridiculous, his form was disgraceful before injury and he would have been a sitting duck up forward. I love Kenny's attitude and 'club-man' approach BUT he is not agile enough any more in todays running game AND his amount of contested marks nowhere near makes up fot it. He desperately needs off season training for speed, agility, and keeping his feet in contests.

treeman said:
coulda, shoulda, woulda
crowsRno1! said:
coulda, shoulda, woulda

I've heard of Monday's experts, but this truly is Saturday night fever.

Perrie was terrific against Freo, so what, you both foresaw he'd be well beaten today and we should've brought McGregor in instead?

The only case to take the risk of bringing in an underdone McGregor was to provide an extra tall down back to look after Hunter/Hansen - during the week it always looked as if we'd be a tall short in our back six and as it happens they were very much the difference when the comeback inevitably came, proving too big for Bassett and too quick for Stevens.

One more thing, did your crystal ball call for the axing of Porplyzia and Reilly too?

Their form reversal from a fortnight ago was far greater than Perrie's.

treeman said:

-Ben
McGregor has been in worse form than Perrie & would not have made any difference IMO. At least Perrie was chasing players in the forward line, whereas McGregor would have fell over, as he isn't 100%.

Drummond said:
I want him delisted.

DELISTED.
What a pathetic post.

If Perrie played for Norwood, you would be hailing him as the next Wayne Carey. Heck, why don't we draft more Redlegs players, as they are all guns. :rolleyes:

dyertribe said:
I've heard of Monday's experts, but this truly is Saturday night fever.

Perrie was terrific against Freo, so what, you both foresaw he'd be well beaten today and we should've brought McGregor in instead?

The only case to take the risk of bringing in an underdone McGregor was to provide an extra tall down back to look after Hunter/Hansen - during the week it always looked as if we'd be a tall short in our back six and as it happens they were very much the difference when the comeback inevitably came, proving too big for Bassett and too quick for Stevens.

One more thing, did your crystal ball call for the axing of Porplyzia and Reilly too?

Their form reversal from a fortnight ago was far greater than Perrie's.

Gotta agree Hansen was too quick and Hunter beat Bassett leading and in the air. Unfortunately, Stevens and Bassett were our best options for these guys (Mcgregor included), except for perhaps Bock but to take our best forward and put him in defence would have been a negative move. Craig got it right with the players he had. I know every club wants one but we desperately need a tall who also has pace (i.e. a Hunter type).

TheLeftFist8 said:
Gotta agree Hansen was too quick and Hunter beat Bassett leading and in the air. Unfortunately, Stevens and Bassett were our best options for these guys (Mcgregor included), except for perhaps Bock but to take our best forward and put him in defence would have been a negative move. Craig got it right with the players he had. I know every club wants one but we desperately need a tall who also has pace (i.e. a Hunter type).
Yeah, Hunter was always going to be the main danger & picking McGregor was never going to help.

My issue was more on dropping Massie who IMO could have been an option, but hindsight is always wonderful.

TheLeftFist8 said:

You're totally right, at this stage of the year and at his level of fitness and form KMac wouldn't have been able to help much - just wouldn't have the tank to go with any one of the Weagles bigs (Lynch included) - other than to maybe park himself in the hole and try to use his height to advantage in contests, perhaps.

But yeah, just further reinforces the point we all agree on that there was absolutely zero chance of him being able to hold down CHF to a superior level than Pez did today, if he couldn't take a man at the other end.

dyertribe said:
You're totally right, at this stage of the year and at his level of fitness and form KMac wouldn't have been able to help much - just wouldn't have the tank to go with any one of the Weagles bigs (Lynch included).

Which further reinforces the point we all agree on that there was absolutely zero chance of him being able to hold down CHF to a superior level than Pez did today.

It pains me to suggest it but is it time to trade Ken while his currency is still reasonable. I am thinking of a 'like-for-like' trade as we do need a tall in view of Hentschel's absence, i just don't think Kenny is good enough to contribute strongly to a premiership side. I don't expect a world beater, just someone to be the third tall defender/forward who can contest in the air but is also mobile. If only we could put Ken's footy brain into Perrie's body...dunno who's goalkicking style i'd prefer though:eek: The only reason Ken should stay is if he fixes his well documented athletic flaws but i don't know if this is possible for him.

treeman said:

Jarred knee was what the commentators said at half time was hoped by the physio's but he limped back onto the bench at the end of 1/2 time and I think the crows may have just been saying it to leave doubt in the WCE camp as the footage seemed to have it flexing quite a bit maybe collateral ligament injury. by 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter he had the knee under ice and was never a chance to come back on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back