Unfortunately Perrie not good enough unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Craig said it was a strained medial ligament in the press conference - there was never a chance of Biggles being able to return to any level of effectiveness, unfortunately.

Van Berlo claims another victim.

Contrary to many of the other posters, I am unashamedly a Kenny fan, and feel that if he was in our side today we would have had a better forward line structure.

Who was going to take the contested mark?? Perrie who is a leading player, Bock who is a leading player, Welsh who is a leading player? Even in his worst form Kenny was providing the contest for the high ball which was lacking badly today.

For all the Kenny knockers - WW in particular - Kenny leads the stats in contested marks for the club. Our forward line was a shambles, and while Perrie had a sh itter, the man who did oh so little was Welsh with some extremely soft contests (non-contest on a couple of occasions) was Welsh.

Anyhow it's all a matter of opinion and we'll never ever know.

The cold truth is that the 22 we put on the park were just not quite good enough to win it.

Not a long way off the mark, but not quite there.

macca23 said:
Contrary to many of the other posters, I am unashamedly a Kenny fan, and feel that if he was in our side today we would have had a better forward line structure.

Who was going to take the contested mark?? Perrie who is a leading player, Bock who is a leading player, Welsh who is a leading player? Even in his worst form Kenny was providing the contest for the high ball which was lacking badly today.

For all the Kenny knockers - WW in particular - Kenny leads the stats in contested marks for the club. Our forward line was a shambles, and while Perrie had a sh itter, the man who did oh so little was Welsh with some extremely soft contests (non-contest on a couple of occasions) was Welsh.

Anyhow it's all a matter of opinion and we'll never ever know.

The cold truth is that the 22 we put on the park were just not quite good enough to win it.

Not a long way off the mark, but not quite there.
If Kenny was 100% fit then IMO he would have been picked... but at the moment I doubt he would have added any more value than those in the side.

I thought our leaky defence was a big issue today. Both Bassett & Stevens had very disappointing games & could have been worse if not for the superb efforts of Stiffy.

Perrie, Welsh and Kenny try their guts out but you need a bit more than that to get to the big stage. Meesen and even Gibson must be given an opportunity in 07.

SpringChoke said:
Perrie, Welsh and Kenny try their guts out but you need a bit more than that to get to the big stage. Meesen and even Gibson must be given an opportunity in 07.
Best post of the thread...no knocking just solutions :thumbsu:

I do think there should be games next year where the call has to come in leaving a player out and including one of these 2 you mentioned

SpringChoke said:
Don't worry mate, we'll soon have our version of Dean Cox. ;)

And man did he kill us today; 27 possessions is unacceptable. Every single time we play he destroys us, I can't take it much longer.

Release the Meese. :thumbsu:

Drummond said:

And man did he kill us today; 27 possessions is unacceptable. Every single time we play he destroys us, I can't take it much longer.

You are a great salesman, and from the last game I saw of Meesen in Round 22, I can see some good signs from him. I agree, bring him on for next season. :thumbsu: ;)

Kane McGoodwin said:
If Kenny was 100% fit then IMO he would have been picked... but at the moment I doubt he would have added any more value than those in the side.

I thought our leaky defence was a big issue today. Both Bassett & Stevens had very disappointing games & could have been worse if not for the superb efforts of Stiffy.

On a positive note, Stiffy played one of the all time classic finals games today.

PerthCrow said:
Best post of the thread...no knocking just solutions :thumbsu:

I do think there should be games next year where the call has to come in leaving a player out and including one of these 2 you mentioned

No doom and gloom from me ;) all we need is a bit of tweaking and just an ounce of luck with injuries and we will be a genuine contender again in 07.

Re: Ian Perrie!!!...USELESS

Wiljoy said:
I think the Crows are the only team in AFL that don't have a recognised full forward,and until they get one,they will not achieve anything.:eek: :eek: :eek:

the crows have a superb full forward. unfortunately, he snapped his knee in round 21.

Drummond said:

Aaargh we can all sleep easy tonight the great saviour is here, the "Meese" is here. Can we quote you on it? Are you the same guy who hails him as the next Rehn. I hope I get to eat humble pie and apologise to you next year.

jayjake said:
Aaargh we can all sleep easy tonight the great saviour is here, the "Meese" is here. Can we quote you on it? Are you the same guy who hails him as the next Rehn. I hope I get to eat humble pie and apologise to you next year.
next year will be interesting with The Meese...

do we invest heavily in him in terms of our forward structure if he only intends being here for another 12 months ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mad Dog said:
I thought Bock showed he has what it takes to play across HF again. Sure hands - good work rate - tidy turning circle. In Trent's absense he is going to get a fair bit of work next year

I agree. I think he is a better option at CHF then Perrie.

Mad Dog said:

do we invest heavily in him in terms of our forward structure if he only intends being here for another 12 months ???

He just wants to play AFL footy, MD - direct from Triggy. If he plays up forward with an occasional run on the ball he'll stay.

If he's in the SANFL all year again he'll walk as he knows he could be playing AFL level at some of the Vic clubs.

Mad Dog said:

You've got it all wrong. Answer me this, why would he have re-signed if he intends to leave at the end of 2007? There’s no way he would have, especially when there were offers from Victorian clubs. If he plays a decent amount of games with the AFC next year, and it looks like he has cemented his spot in the side, he will not have any intention of leaving. Meesen isn’t like Watts; he is a great guy and will not shaft the club.

I want Meesen to be the back-up ruckman next year; he’s not ready to play as a key forward. He's a ruckman first and foremost, his rucking has improved dramatically and he is brilliant around the ground. Don’t worry folks; it won’t be long before we have our own Dean Cox.

This is one thing that gives me the absolute ****s about our so called supporters. Why do we ALWAYS look for a scapegoat?! Couldn't it be that we were beaten by a better side and not because player X played poorly :rolleyes:

Seriously people get a ****ing grip. Perrie might be a bit short on talent and he might be frustrating at times but for crying out lound he is a good player and an important one at that. We would all like to have a gun key forward but the reality is that we don't have one.

Perrie didn't lose us the game today. We were beaten by a better side especially in the midfield. Perrie didn't have his best game but he was hardly the only one.

As for bringing Biglands back on, give me a break, what sort of incompetent amateur would bring a player back on who damaged his medial logament :rolleyes:

Drummond said:
You've got it all wrong. Answer me this, why would he have re-signed if he intends to leave at the end of 2007? There’s no way he would have, especially when there were offers from Victorian clubs. If he plays a decent amount of games with the AFC next year, and it looks like he has cemented his spot in the side, he will not have any intention of leaving. Meesen isn’t like Watts; he is a great guy and will not shaft the club.

I want Meesen to be the back-up ruckman next year; he’s not ready to play as a key forward. He's a ruckman first and foremost, his rucking has improved dramatically and he is brilliant around the ground. Don’t worry folks; it won’t be long before we have our own Dean Cox.

If Meesen was that homesick he would be heading home now you can put money on it.

Drummond said:

maybe if you were a bit more tempered with your reports from the Parade I might begin to believe.....:p

Did you wear a shirt to the footy today with "Drummond" on the back ?

macca23 said:
He just wants to play AFL footy, MD - direct from Triggy. If he plays up forward with an occasional run on the ball he'll stay.

If he's in the SANFL all year again he'll walk as he knows he could be playing AFL level at some of the Vic clubs.
I'll take your word for it.....:thumbsu:

Pity Triggy wasn't as successful in convincing Meese to sign for 2 years :(

Stiffy_18 said:
This is one thing that gives me the absolute ****s about our so called supporters. Why do we ALWAYS look for a scapegoat?! Couldn't it be that we were beaten by a better side and not because player X played poorly :rolleyes:

Seriously people get a ****ing grip. Perrie might be a bit short on talent and he might be frustrating at times but for crying out lound he is a good player and an important one at that. We would all like to have a gun key forward but the reality is that we don't have one.

Perrie didn't lose us the game today. We were beaten by a better side especially in the midfield. Perrie didn't have his best game but he was hardly the only one.

As for bringing Biglands back on, give me a break, what sort of incompetent amateur would bring a player back on who damaged his medial logament :rolleyes:

But Stiffy, isnt it natural to now look ahead and say, well, we've fallen short two times now, how can we do this better? To me there are a number of players who's time has come to an end... and as much as I love Perrie, he may be one of them. As I have said elsewhere, I don't believe we were beaten by the better team today. Unfortunately WC had some assistance.

Mad Dog said:
I'll take your word for it.....:thumbsu:

Pity Triggy wasn't as successful in convincing Meese to sign for 2 years :(

He was offered a 2 year contract, but Meesen had worked out that he was 5th in line of our 5 ruckmen.

As long as he gets games next year he'll sign on again for longer MD. He is NOT homesick, enjoys living in SA and likes the club.

He just wants to play AFL footy and the 1 year contract was a smart move on Meesen's part to help achieve this.

Stiffy_18 said:

I agree with what your saying Stiff but it is also quite obvious we won't win a GF with Perrie and welsh as our main focal points.

Stiffy_18 said:

We do this because it's logical Stiffy.

While the other team may be a better team, it's important to identify where they were a better team and why, and that will always involve a discussion of player performances.

You've done it yourself many times, and rightly so. :thumbsu:

SpringChoke said:
I agree with what your saying Stiff but it is also quite obvious we won't win a GF with Perrie and welsh as our main focal points.

That, my dear Springy, is an absolute true-ism. :thumbsu:

Not as long as our bums point to the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back