Autopsy Roast & toast vs Saints, changes for Cotchin’s final home game

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m really starting to hate Balta as our man down back, he’s consistently conceding match winning bag’s to his opponents

Might be a great interceptor but his defensive game overall is dog s**t, must be close to conceding 1000 goals this season

I want him in the middle

He ain’t the problem.

It’s the lack of pressure when the ball is coming inside 50.

Has anyone mentioned Grigg as a coaching candidate? He was reputedly a very smart footballer, and he's had good grounding at Geelong.

We'll need elite assistant coaches too.

Start with a coaching dept rebuild.
Whoever gets our top job should target Grigg as an assistant / line coach. Around 2017 I recall Hardwick labelling Grigg as the player most likely to succeed as a coach.

I’m really starting to hate Balta as our man down back, he’s consistently conceding match winning bag’s to his opponents

Might be a great interceptor but his defensive game overall is dog s**t, must be close to conceding 1000 goals this season

I want him in the middle

Balta needs to slow the f*** down and actually use his head and think about what he's doing.
Perfect example of acting before he thinks most weeks.
Still a very good player, but more than a few brain fades each week and pointless risks.

One thing that has bugged me all season is our forward line set up. When are we going to start playing genuine forwards?

We have constantly filled roles down their with the likes of Pickett and Graham and it is madness that we keep rotating players through like Hopper, Cotch, Baker, Short, Prestia etc.

I can understand Dusty and Shai rotating through but no wonder some of these blokes get no consistency to their games they are moved around that much.

Out of all our midfield options Taranto is the best option to play a forward role, I would back him in for goals more than I would Dusty.

Baker to me should be midfield, he has a dip every bloody week.

If Graham plays he has to play as either a tagger or a genuine centreman, he is not a winger and he is not a flanker. If he can't do those first two roles then he doesn't play.

We’ve used sec least number of players next to st Kilda , HTF does that happen in view of so many losses

That’s the issue….not rotating /dropping underperforming players and getting a consistent run of games into younger players will haunt us over the next couple of seasons

Remember when people wanted Jack Graham as captain

123A47F8-AB14-4000-B49D-85A3B2916643.gif

Seriously O’Gorman needs looking into but nothing happens , weak as piss. Every game he umpires against us fixed up with his ******* umpiring , what a dumb campaigner
He was the scum involved in the two Cameron issues as well as the umpire that hinkley alluded to

Well the players have almost certainly stopped mini getting the job with these efforts and eco attitude
But but but the players love him, probably because he allows them to play like they are on holiday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year we had a bloke called Lynch winning the B&F and dominating. We’ve got loads of problems, with defending ball movement all over the ground the biggest. That to me is a coaching, structural, effort based issue, not personnel. Saints midfield is absolute sh*te and super slow and they can defend the ground without an issue as they’re well coached defensively. Lions midfield with Neale and Dunkley the mainstays is pretty slow.

A 2024 midfield of TT, Hopper, Prestia, Bolton and Martin with hopefully development from Sonsie and Dow, and cameos from Baker and Short is fine. We need to overhaul our gameplan and defensive structures - midfield personell isn’t a big issue IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Get rid of this Zone defense and the dare I say it Guarding of grass

Lets do the math on the Grimes re-signing

-He extended on May 10th for another year, despite pretty poor form. At the time i called it the stupidest deision i had ever seen on the basis that no=one was at all interested in him, his form had been poor & resigning him in May VS End of Season was a huge risk as if he did a knee, his career was effectively over and we still would have had to pay him a few hundred k.

But the dates alone, is another nail in the "Saint Dimma" fallacy.

-on May 25th, Dimma resigned, stating that he had already decided to resign "3 weeks earlier", which puts that time frame at May 4th

Meaning, the club re-signed Dylan a few days after Dimma had already decided to move on. Did the club know Dimma was moving on?
Was Dimma the main driving force behind that deicions ? Was he "fixing up his mates:" before he left the office? sure comes across that way to me

Just another example of Dimma being too close to his "boys" and failing to put the club ahead of them and his own legacy & "his boys" self interest

When you look back at those dates above, it really makes me wonder how these decisions were being made. It's transparent as * that Dimma has been more interested in rewarding the boys who made him an icon Vs caring about the best longterm interest of the RFC
You really need to stop making sense, that’s exactly what it looks like and I remember an old Cheech and Chong skit, looks like dogshit smells like dogshit tastes like dogshit…..

Lets do the math on the Grimes re-signing

-He extended on May 10th for another year, despite pretty poor form. At the time i called it the stupidest deision i had ever seen on the basis that no=one was at all interested in him, his form had been poor & resigning him in May VS End of Season was a huge risk as if he did a knee, his career was effectively over and we still would have had to pay him a few hundred k.

But the dates alone, is another nail in the "Saint Dimma" fallacy.

-on May 25th, Dimma resigned, stating that he had already decided to resign "3 weeks earlier", which puts that time frame at May 4th

Meaning, the club re-signed Dylan a few days after Dimma had already decided to move on. Did the club know Dimma was moving on?
Was Dimma the main driving force behind that deicions ? Was he "fixing up his mates:" before he left the office? sure comes across that way to me

Just another example of Dimma being too close to his "boys" and failing to put the club ahead of them and his own legacy & "his boys" self interest

When you look back at those dates above, it really makes me wonder how these decisions were being made. It's transparent as * that Dimma has been more interested in rewarding the boys who made him an icon Vs caring about the best longterm interest of the RFC

lol, if you wind back the clock more he probably knew who killed JFK

I worry he hasn;t got the temperament to be an elite defender. His sarcastic clapping at the ump last week reenforced that for me. Not something you would see Rance, Scarlett do. They never externalised outcomes
And I’m sure it wasn’t noted by the umpires for future reference , you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar

Need to seriously get games into younger guys
Dow was good today
Get sonsie in
Get brown in
Banks
Cull some dead wood

I thought Dow was okay. Made the odd mistake but not overawed.

Needs more games, but also I think he needs more leg drive, and power in his legs by building his calves and thighs. Might be a bit like his brother that seems to have improved his balance recently in his movement

M Rioli how can you blame him he got 19 possies in the VFL , * we are an educated lot
pretty easy, he spuds up his disposals, we have other more productive players.....you can be educated and I can be insightful, I'm ok with that.

He along with TT and other bad decision-makers are game killers. When you wake up to that maybe you'll understand why we are languishing down at the bottom end of the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & toast vs Saints, changes for Cotchin’s final home game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back