Autopsy And we are into another Granny! comprehensive 36 point win over Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon the players looked proppy (sp?) in the last quarter because they could. They were nursing themselves to the finish line because the game was over.

If they were fit enough to still be on the field when the game was over, then I have no doubt they can push through whatever they have on GF day.

In Logan’s case, it might actually help his game if he can still kick true. Sometimes being forced to stand and deliver makes a forward play smarter and more direct, and focus extra hard to clunk their marks. I’d take 3 strong contested marks and goals in F50 from him over doing a bunch of little team things down the wing with limited scoreboard impact. Leave that to the wingers and half forwards who are paid to run all day.

I’m not sure Amartey is getting the love he deserves. That was a sensational game by him. Tackling and chasing hard, breaking packs, clunking marks, kicking goals. I reckon he might pull a Tom Hawkins and really announce himself on GF day.

The part of his game I liked the most is that the big moments didn’t get to him. When the game was in the balance, he converted his set shots with confidence.

I know this won’t be popular but I don’t want Mills back in. We were riding high very & well without him, and when he came back in the dynamic changed. I also don’t think he’s half the captain that Rampe is. If he is under this injury cloud, dear Horse please, please PLEASE don’t do a “2022 Reid “ and pick him just because he’s the captain who has been out for2/3rds of the season. And Callum, if you are not fully healed, do the the team thing and sit it out.
Yep thinking the same thing

I mean Campbell was ok and worked hard, but he arguably impacted more as the sub than a full game. If Mills is fit then I would guess the qualifying final team plays the grand final.
Reckon Campbell's performance is being underrated a bit. Sure he didn't have the same impact with the ball as he did in the QF, but he had 6 tackles.

That forward heat is what we've been begging for since Wicks' form dropped off.

It’s freezing and windy down here today so just watching the replay, god I hope Horse had a quiet celebratory beer when he got home, he’s being very calm & composed (he looked exhausted)

His second efforts were fantastic
That and one percenters are an area where he's lifted big time since coming back into the team.

Not going to spend much time looking beyond next week, but boy I'm keen to see his continued development next season. He's starting to really show glimpses of the player we (and other clubs) thought he could be when drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Campbell's performance is being underrated a bit. Sure he didn't have the same impact with the ball as he did in the QF, but he had 6 tackles.

That forward heat is what we've been begging for since Wicks' form dropped off.

Oh he was fine 5/10 did his job, just think he may end up sub if Mills is fit.

Who knows.

His running efforts are great, but needs to get a little more of it

That and one percenters are an area where he's lifted big time since coming back into the team.

Not going to spend much time looking beyond next week, but boy I'm keen to see his continued development next season. He's starting to really show glimpses of the player we (and other clubs) thought he could be when drafted.
He seems to be getting better at getting himself into dangerous positions too.

I did the 2022 one if anyone wants me to go again

think i did 16 as well.
wedding crashers comedy GIF

Our forward line clicked last night. It was clearly evident sitting 1 row from the back in the Victor Trumper stand how well the forwards worked in terms of waiting until the right time to then create a nice large hole for one of them to lead in to. Meant our F50 entries were way better with no bombing, and the delivery by foot inside was first class. And Parker did the role in making Aliir accountable, where the first 10 mins I was losing my shit that we were going to kick it to him all night! So good coaching move there nice and early.

Atmosphere was great, with the standing ovation in the last few mins with whole crowd on their feet!

Now the nervous wait to see if my old man and I get tickets, only P3 in the ballot.

IMG_6079.jpeg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy And we are into another Granny! comprehensive 36 point win over Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back