Discussion 2012 List Management: De-Listings, Trades, Drafting & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be so happy with this current crop if we land a key back. Think everyone at the club would be able to breathe a sigh of relief knowing we at least have a backup option if absolutely everything goes to shit.

Maybe I'm impatient, but I don't want to wait for Brown. I want Tippett now!
IMO there's very little between Tippett & Brown. Both are average Role Players at best....except Brown comes with a $300k price tag.

I'd take a 10 game a year FB without batting an eyelid.

Chances are that an "almost good enough" full back will struggle to take the Jack Riewoldt, Tom Hawkins, Kurt Tippett's ( Tippett vs Tippett would be good though ).

Fisher or a "developing" Simpkin, should be able to deal with the lesser lights. So which 10 games do we give the State League full back.

I think it will all depend on if we delist a rookie or not......would love Tippett and Cockie as that would give us back up for clearances and for a tall defender - the two areas on our list I am concerned about....

not sure if we will delist a rookie. arnt they all in Boulder?

I dont necessarily buy that. If you recruit mature players you want them to be able to play "NOW". If Milera hadn't performed the way they did, I'm not sure that he'd still be here. At 21 Shenton probably gets another year, but thats all.

didnt milera and saad join on 2 year contracts....

LOL jesus give the guy a chance, and to blame Micale who is just a DEVELOPMENT coach is just ridiculous. Do you seriously think he will have that much power after being in job for 5mins. I trust Pelchan, Baines and co know exactly what they are doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont necessarily buy that. If you recruit mature players you want them to be able to play "NOW". If Milera hadn't performed the way they did, I'm not sure that he'd still be here. At 21 Shenton probably gets another year, but thats all.
Yep - spot on. No "project" when you are 21 unless you are a physical freak or from Ireland....

LOL jesus give the guy a chance, and to blame Micale who is just a DEVELOPMENT coach is just ridiculous. Do you seriously think he will have that much power after being in job for 5mins. I trust Pelchan, Baines and co know exactly what they are doing.

you mean trying to secure a similar deal to the one you think cockie had with watters?

oh and last time i check micale wasnt just a development coach. he is in charge of the player academy which according the pelchen himself, has equal power with the senior coach in watters.

Bloody hell. Is this the best we could do with our remaining list spot?

"Roberton can play on both talls and smalls, but has not shown the body strength to man the bigger bodied forwards."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/homecoming-of-sorts-as-roberton-joins-st-kilda-20121129-2ahs7.html#ixzz2DZw2CKAS

In other words, he is in pretty much exactly the same boat as Fisher, Gwilt, Gilbert, Simpkin, Dempster, Siposs in being that "in between" height that is not suited to playing on the "gorillas" and is likely to be behind all of them in the pecking order for a game.

If he gets picked ahead of Siposs, in particular, who looks like he is going to be ready to roll from the start of next year, I am going to be pissed.

We have far more pressing needs than someone else medium-tall for a back pocket/flank, so to just add to that log-jam seems absolutely ridiculous.

"Roberton can play on both talls and smalls, but has not shown the body strength to man the bigger bodied forwards."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/homecoming-of-sorts-as-roberton-joins-st-kilda-20121129-2ahs7.html#ixzz2DZw2CKAS

In other words, he is in pretty much exactly the same boat as Fisher, Gwilt, Gilbert, Simpkin, Dempster, Siposs in being that "in between" height that is not suited to the "gorillas" and is likely to be behind all of them in the pecking order for a game.

If he gets picked ahead of Siposs, in particular, who looks like he is going to be ready to roll from the start of next year, I am going to be pissed.
AFAIK Dempster is the only name in that list that has played on small forwards before? Maybe we recruited Roberton to do that, especially because our go to small defender Gram was sacked.

Interesting signing by you guys, I reckon Roberton has all the hallmarks of a list clogger.

I think the recruiters should have read this thread which had far more ida of your needs. No Tippett Jnr now for you guys or do you have a rookie vacancy?

Well I guess the club has found a Raph Clarke replacement judging by comments of the experts on here!! Roberton is new whipping boy and he hasnt even set foot in the club yet :(

In other words, he is in pretty much exactly the same boat as Fisher, Gwilt, Gilbert, Simpkin, Dempster, Siposs in being that "in between" height that is not suited to playing on the "gorillas" and is likely to be behind all of them in the pecking order for a game.

We have far more pressing needs than someone else medium-tall for a back pocket/flank, so to just add to that log-jam seems absolutely ridiculous.

i agree. i cannot see the upside in his recruitment. only thing that makes sense is if were planning to do away with one or more of fisher, gilbert, simpkin, dempster, gwilt

Well I guess the club has found a Raph Clarke replacement judging by comments of the experts on here!! Roberton is new whipping boy and he hasnt even set foot in the club yet :(

so its alright for you to whip winmar/crocker but when its comes to roberton he's totally out of bounds

AFAIK Dempster is the only name in that list that has played on small forwards before? Maybe we recruited Roberton to do that, especially because our go to small defender Gram was sacked.
Geary and Dempster is plenty to play on the "smalls", so if we have recruited Roberton for that role he will basically just be "depth", unless he is going to push one of them out. No way do we have room back there for all of Geary, Dempster, Roberton, Fisher, Simpkin, Gilbert, Gwilt, Siposs and possibly someone like Stanley (if the rumours that he will be tried there are correct), or in future someone like Mitch Brown.

I would have thought the last thing we would have needed was someone else around 191cm tall who doesn't play on "talls". Especially if their kicking is supposed to be ordinary and/or they are "soft", or not extremely quick.

so its alright for you to whip winmar/crocker but when its comes to roberton he's totally out of bounds

The bloke has only just signed with the club and is already copping shit loads. Just saying it looks like we've found the Raph replacement.

EDIT: Also where did I say you werent allowed your own opinion? I was just stating my opinion on what it looks like, which is he's unfortunatley new whipping boy already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back