List Mgmt. 2013 Trade / Draft / Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dal's clause has been activated. Will only leave by a trade.

Rekon it's already done then?

Dal for Delaney and Pick 25? Would be pick 26 if Buddy leaves via FA.

Dal Santo has activated his clause.

St Kilda haven't activated their side.

All for getting Delaney but don't believe he should be part of the Dal Santo deal. Delaney's out of contract with North so really we only get pick 25 for Dal, not worth it IMO.
Pelch says the Saints will be aggressive, nows the time. Pick up Delaney as a de-listed free agent or in one of the drafts. If North want to deal for Dal then offer up something worth while, straight swap for Atley or Harper and pick 25 not a whipping boy (Delaney) and a second round pick, Dal worth a lot more then that.

A three shot combo of Rough, Buddy and Lewis in a single draft went alright for the Hawks over the last 7 years.

Not sure we can hope to achieve the same in a single hit so 3 years is probably asking a little too much.
Yeahh our list isn't in as good a shape for sure, we'll probably need 2 good drafts in a row but then another 2-3 years after that we could be back up.

All for getting Delaney but don't believe he should be part of the Dal Santo deal. Delaney's out of contract with North so really we only get pick 25 for Dal, not worth it IMO.
Pelch says the Saints will be aggressive, nows the time. Pick up Delaney as a de-listed free agent or in one of the drafts. If North want to deal for Dal then offer up something worth while, straight swap for Atley or Harper and pick 25 not a whipping boy (Delaney) and a second round pick, Dal worth a lot more then that.
For sure.

Could the activation of Dal's clause possibly mean he's staying a Saint though?

From our end, most North supporters think 25 and Delaney is overpaying for a 30 year old.

So it's probably a fair trade in that case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

delaney's manager says st kilda is his preference and a 3 year deal is on the table. says its a 60% chance of happening, which in reality means its an 80% chance.

that gives us a good chance of bruce and delaney. would be extremely happy with that alone from trade week

From our end, most North supporters think 25 and Delaney is overpaying for a 30 year old.

With all respect and obviously no reference to you, but aren't North supporters on BF notorious for over valuing their players and their worth?

unfortunately for north melbourne we have the upper hand. dal santo is contracted until both parties agree to release him from the contract, where as luke delaney has fallen out of contract.

pick 25 will end up more like pick 27-29 once free agency finishes

said it before that the best outcome for all involved would be dal going via FA to north. north send delaney to us for a 5th rounder. you keep your second rounder, get dal. we get a compo pick and delaney.

For starters they had every right, they are the club hiring him.
Second of all he had no forte, his disposal was cr@p, he wasn't particularly fast and he isn't a particularly good inside midfielder.
IMO he was always just a player who makes the list deeper and fills in on the odd chance that one of our other fill ins couldn't play.

probably what they thought of michael barlow, and he was in the grandfinal..

however i did note what was said in the age on sunday about michael barlow and Dawson. i did wince at the report
on barlow - bad disposal, rushed
on dawson - sorry don't remember but it was no good for dawson.

Watch this space there will be more delistings. There are only 3 rookie spots this year as opposed to 5 in previous years. So i would assume that international rookies will be prominent throughout all teams in the future. I hope they save a rookie spot for a mature state kpd.

are you sure? as this year was 4 before that was 6 whilst GWS and Gold coast was set up. I didn't think it was going down to 3.

With all respect and obviously no reference to you, but aren't North supporters on BF notorious for over valuing their players and their worth?

Well lets talk realistically.

Delaney has interest from 3 clubs, we aren't exactly going to throw him over to you for pick #456, no matter how much we want Dal Santo.

Assuming he would net at worst a 3rd rounder on the open market, we are essentially trading Dal Santo for mid second and third round picks.

That would be the highest paid price for someone of his age, probably since Carey.

I can't see how it can be seen as unders, especially seeing as the reigning norm smith medalist, a guy with a similar CV to Dal Santo, went for a second round pick upgrade and a 4th rounder not 12 months ago.

Well lets talk realistically.

Delaney has interest from 3 clubs, we aren't exactly going to throw him over to you for pick #456, no matter how much we want Dal Santo.

Assuming he would net at worst a 3rd rounder on the open market, we are essentially trading Dal Santo for mid second and third round picks.

That would be the highest paid price for someone of his age, probably since Carey.

I can't see how it can be seen as unders, especially seeing as the reigning norm smith medalist, a guy with a similar CV to Dal Santo, went for a second round pick upgrade and a 4th rounder not 12 months ago.

see thats where your assumption is wrong. at best he would get a mid 2nd rounder, that would be a once in a blue moon deal. at worst a 5th rounder.

lets remembers cripps a first rounder draft pick and best 22, only got us 2 3rd rounders. delaney is probably worth a late third rounder to 4th rounder.

If Rooey is unhappy he needs to get some sort of award because his acting performance in the video with Watters is some of the best I've ever seen.

yep, he would have had to get a logie, emmy and acadamy award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back