List Mgmt. 2013 Trade / Draft / Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints social media person retweeting on twitter the rumors of Delaney being at club next year.... Lol

Remember, Dal Santo is not yet 29, has played 260 games and looks like he could get to 350 without breaking a sweat. And he's under contract.

And he's never expressed any desire to leave the club. All he has done, grudgingly, has stated he'd help the club however he could.

Paul Chapman offered a 10 game contract for next year at Geelong, surely a bit of an insult... I reckon he could be a valuable player for premiership contender kind of like Brian Lake was this year.

he'd be a good pick up for the Bombres

Why is he happy to take whatever drugs the clubs give out?

If North happen to be the only suitor for Dal, then I definitely don't want to trade him. Grab Delaney in the PSD, and forgo the mid-second round pick (if that's actually a possibility). It's not worth losing a clubman like Dal Santo in order to get a small shot at a good player and to make acquiring Delaney more amicable between us and North.

Remember, Dal Santo is not yet 29, has played 260 games and looks like he could get to 350 without breaking a sweat. And he's under contract.

And he's never expressed any desire to leave the club. All he has done, grudgingly, has stated he'd help the club however he could.

he turned 29 in feb this year. will be 30 by the time the season starts next year

Two can play hard ball, thanks.

We'll just keep Dal. Good luck with that premiership window and having the other Scott brother.
Ha ha ha! But surely banging the phone real hard and shouting aggressively behind closed glass, combined with acting tough in pressers really helps his team win relevant close matches...

I'm sure he's also devastated that he is the reason North Melbourne didn't play finals football :thumbsu:

Reckon there's a good chance (if we get 25) we'll shop around 21 and 25 together for a higher pick.

Geelong are usually interested in that sort of deal, but I wouldn't use pick 21 and 25 on pick 14. This draft isn't the one to do that sort of trade.

I'm sure he's also devastated that he is the reason North Melbourne didn't play finals football :thumbsu:

Geelong are usually interested in that sort of deal, but I wouldn't use pick 21 and 25 on pick 14. This draft isn't the one to do that sort of trade.
To be fair they made it last year but............. Got flogged :D

In fairness to North, Atley and Harper would command top 10 picks on their own.
Atley yes, Harper not yet.
Saints have gotta be aggressive, if we are willing to put up our stars, a second rounder and Delaney just doesn't cut it.
The Saints actions in the next 3 drafts is what we'll be watching for the next 10-15 years, no point in going half assed. If North dont want to com to the party well we keep a 250 game AA player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it impossible for us to get anything for Goddard? I always rated Monfries very, very highly. Would have been a fair trade. (Monfries wanted to return to SA however.)

Was it impossible for us to get anything for Goddard? I always rated Monfries very, very highly. Would have been a fair trade (Monfries wanted to return to SA however.)
Monfries for Goddard? Surely you jest.

TBO i didn't know that we got anything for him! i thought it was one of these newfangled "free agency" deals (leaving us with nothing). And yes, i think Monfries is awesome and would have been a potent addition to our forward line and depth in the midfield crew.

At 25 he needs to have more than promise, he needs to be proven. The club is going to be looking at a bunch of teenagers who have promise and a lot more upside. TDL needs to pull his finger out and perform if he wants to stay beyond 2014.
I thought he was a teenager (or close to it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back