List Mgmt. 2013 Trade / Draft / Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's just a hypothetical Patton trade since most I have seen seem really biased towards us(saints)

Step 1: working out what to do with dal
Dal has to get us pick 4.. So dal gets 4 year 625k min a year (to be safe I went with what daisy Thomas will be getting)
Since this won't happen we have to make a deal to give north our 2nd rounder for deleany + roos third rounder, it may seem like a crap deal now but for band 1 us non destination teams need to work together.

Step 2: list management and looking at where everyone stands
We need to understand what bulldogs are gonna offer and also GWS list. IMO bulldogs will be hesitant to trade pick 5 now since we pushed the pick back 1 more, because of the fact bulldogs have Crameri for potentially their 2nd round pick (I feel they will have to trade for him because GWS/Melb/saints would all match the figure he puts on his head in the PSD.
So unless bulldogs are willing to pick in the 3rd round for their first pick in what is a weak draft after 30ish they won't be doing up this trade IMO

Step 3: the actual trade
We have to keep either pick 3 or 4. Midfeilders run the AFL and we need to atleast pick from one of these picks. My trade scnerio would be to trade pick 3 + Armo + Fisher + 3rd round pick for Patton + 4th rounder + 6th rounder + Bruce

Move 1 (saints roos)
Saints lose: dal FA + 2nd rounder
Saints gain band 1 compo (pick 4) + roos third rounder + delaney

Move 2 (saints GWS)
Saints lose: pick 3, armo + Fisher 3rd rounder
Saints gain: Patton + Bruce + 4th rounder + 6th rounder

Conclusion
Let's be honest here, mcevoy has no currency at GWS and to get a contracted player from a club like GWS u wehave to pay a little bit over market value. IMO this trade wouldn't happen due to the band 1 step never happen, I could just imagine the uproar from the teams picking 5-12 getting mad or Melbourne getting angry for not getting the priority pick.

We defiantly need a mid in this draft and a top 5 one at that. My mail from a while ago told me the dees where high on Kelly however that was before the roos era, however on a side note Kelly has been a major standout for me at the combine and I wouldn't be surprised if he still goes no.2.
Do I rate Patton? Kinda but kinda not p, not cause of injuries but because of the fact I would almost rather keep pick 3,4 and pick billings with Kelly/Aish who ever is available.

Hopefully this post causes some reaction or please tell me where u think the trades should be changed.

If the rumours are true, surely Patton wouldn't bother doing the rounds unless he had some kind of chance of being released?

Yeah,agree. Not that I know 100% about procedures that clubs and players have with these things but I would think that it would be highly unusual for players to just take a tour around another club's facilities just for the fun of it, it would surely be a pretty clear sign that a move is in the offing.

I've had a couple of wines and I don't know if it's the wine talking now but I agree with TheLast Emperor said. Patton could be our marquee player. It would help us to build a side around him and attract sponsors and other players to the club. He is really the sort of player we need with Roo coming close to the end. I really hope we go hard and aggressively at Patton. We have salary cap space now but in saying that, I don't agree with overpaying him just to get him. We either present to him and get him to buy into what we want to do or he can go to the dogs (but bloody hope he doesn't).

I just spoke with a GWS supporter who said he has spoken with someone at the Giants and Patton isn't a lock into going to the Western Bulldogs at all. His manager has declared interest of him possibly returning back to Victoria but because he is contracted no certainty to be traded

Make of it what you will.

I heard that just Mike i think it was asking Roos because they reckon "Everyone wants out". Won't happen they have plenty of Rucks and won't give up Pick 2 for him they want midfielders for that Pick.

Dal and Joey for pick 2!

I just spoke with a GWS supporter who said he has spoken with someone at the Giants and Patton isn't a lock into going to the Western Bulldogs at all. His manager has declared interest of him possibly returning back to Victoria but because he is contracted no certainty to be traded

Make of it what you will.

Smells of Mitch brown all over again. Wants to go home. Is contracted. Opposition club has plenty of cap room and a desperate need for a KPF.

If a club does land him they will pay massive overs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get rid of Armo, Del and Joey who will Bruce and Delaney kick it to and how will White, Lee and Patton get it.

Can't fix everything this year either.
We can battle another year with some good young mids coming through and get another pick ~3 again.

It's really not that hard to understand the true meaning of BrianSpeaking's recent posts. It's simple. He's either:
  • Revealing enough 100% correct information so that we have an idea of what's going on without compromising the club's position
  • Or he's being intentionally vague to screw with everyone that is anxious for trade week.
One or the other. :)
or both, lol

Smells of Mitch brown all over again. Wants to go home. Is contracted. Opposition club has plenty of cap room and a desperate need for a KPF.

If a club does land him they will pay massive overs

Good point Defacto I'd hate to see us hold on and on for a trade again this year only to see it fall over.
Need to make moves when they are right to keep moving forward.
Landing a marque player like Patton would be awesome to help us attract others from there though so shouldn't be underestimated.

Sick of the BrianSpeaking 'bashing' everyone.....I do understand some of the feeling/posts as sometimes he doesn't phrase his posts in the best way. However he does have inside info and he brings a lot to this forum....some of it doesn't come true but that is the nature of football clubs - best laid plans and all that.

Anyway do what you guys want as everyone has their right but let's focus on football!

As my mama used to say - if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back