• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

bigman

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2004
All Parts
AFL Club
Adelaide
When is the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft?
The evening of Wednesday, June 2, in the week following round 11. Nominations for eligible players opens at 9am AEST on Monday, May 10 and close at 5pm AEST on Tuesday, May 25.

Watch all the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft picks LIVE and EXCLUSIVE on AFL.com.au
and the AFL Live Official App from 6.30pm AEST on Wednesday, June 2

Nicks today saying if the right player is there we may have up to 3 picks
In the mid season draft

he mentioned small forward role and quick midfielder as options they were focusing on

no mention of ruck

Last edited by a moderator:
just really find the way this club goes about things as absolutely dumbfounding.. enormous levels of dumbf***ery.

so they obviously dont rate Oliver Davis or they basically knew he wasnt gonna be picked up by anyone else so they’ve just thought why pick him..

but why the fu** wouldnt you just put hinge or milera on the LTI and tell Davis we‘ll grab you but only on a six month contract. And in doing so if he does actually start showing some really nice signs in the SANFL over the next couple of months they would actually then have the opportunity to throw him in the AFL 22 for a couple of games to see if he can bring the same there..

if not.. come the end of the year you move him on.

now we’ve got a young player playing in our SANFL side that if he does start to dominate and play well.. we cant do anything further with him.. cant actually send him up to the AFL for a trial run..

and in my opinion.. in the three SANFL games I’ve seen from Oliver so far I’ve thought he’s looked better than Hately and just as good, if not better, as ROC... I reacon he’ll potentially end up better than both those lads in the long run.

we’ve essentially hamstrung ourselves with the kid for no reason at all other than to maybe save a bit of coin.

yet we instead pick a midget running defender when we’re stacked with running defenders and some of em cant get games because there is a 32 year old has been that never was clogging up the list in front of them. Parnell better transform into a good small forward pretty damn quickly if he wants to get a game..
So the melts have officially begun I see.

Do we know if we’ve got him for 6 months or 18 months?

I like the highlight reel but probably long odds to make it if he’s only got 6 months and is still pretty slight.

Hamish said this is a long term pick, so I assume 18 months.

I assume he'll have to quarantine for 14 days? So first SANFL game after the bye?

He lives in rural Victoria, can fly to Sydney then to Adelaide, no quarantine. Hamish says he could even play SANFL this week.

Hamish said this is a long term pick, so I assume 18 months.

He lives in rural Victoria, can fly to Sydney then to Adelaide, no quarantine. Hamish says he could even play SANFL this week.

They would know but that doesn't sound right to me. All of Victoria is still locked out of SA. Going through NSW doesn't help avoid quarantine but maybe that changed today.

Just what we needed! A 176cm defender.

He can join the queue behind Brown, McPherson, Mackay, Jones, Hamill, and Milera. And the Hinge, Kelly, Smith, Worrell types we tend to play as defensive utilities
I reckon we need someone who can carry the ball and kick it with skill but maybe that’s just me

I’m relieved we didn’t recruit a contested ball king with average speed that is an average kick that can only play midfield like we normally do

They would know but that doesn't sound right to me. All of Victoria is still locked out of SA. Going through NSW doesn't help avoid quarantine but maybe that changed today.
The extension of the lock down applies to Melbourne. Not the whole state. Although I don't know for sure if SA changed along with that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2021 Mid season draft (June 2nd)

Back