• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

bigman

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2004
All Parts
AFL Club
Adelaide
When is the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft?
The evening of Wednesday, June 2, in the week following round 11. Nominations for eligible players opens at 9am AEST on Monday, May 10 and close at 5pm AEST on Tuesday, May 25.

Watch all the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft picks LIVE and EXCLUSIVE on AFL.com.au
and the AFL Live Official App from 6.30pm AEST on Wednesday, June 2

Nicks today saying if the right player is there we may have up to 3 picks
In the mid season draft

he mentioned small forward role and quick midfielder as options they were focusing on

no mention of ruck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardly surprising in Knight's case wanting 18 months rather than uprooting his life for 6 months on an outside chance.

Pretty obvious there was a lot more behind the scenes with Strengle for Port to go Jed McEntee in preference and no other interest at all from AFL clubs.
Oh I agree on both accounts. Just interesting that the media was hyping them both up to be almost draft certainties at one point in time, only for them both to go without interest

Don't understand this pick. Don't think we needed to go small defender over other options. Can someone help me understand why?

On RMX2086 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Because it's a chance to pick a talented player that wasn't drafted last year, not picking for the team's biggest need.

we picked him to make Chayce Jones look like a man
Chayce should follow him closely... he might learn a thing or two going by that draft bio.

"The 19-year-old is a very neat kind of player who is reliable in tough situations and seems to understand the game well. He impressed with his spurts of possession"

Give the kid a go.

Yep, looks like it backfired on him.
I don't think anything backfired on Riley, why uproot his life for what is most likely to be a 6 month gig at a non contending team against a good shot at a Premiership with the Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just really find the way this club goes about things as absolutely dumbfounding.. enormous levels of dumb****ery.

so they obviously dont rate Oliver Davis or they basically knew he wasnt gonna be picked up by anyone else so they’ve just thought why pick him..

but why the **** wouldnt you just put hinge or milera on the LTI and tell Davis we‘ll grab you but only on a six month contract. And in doing so if he does actually start showing some really nice signs in the SANFL over the next couple of months they would actually then have the opportunity to throw him in the AFL 22 for a couple of games to see if he can bring the same there..

if not.. come the end of the year you move him on.

now we’ve got a young player playing in our SANFL side that if he does start to dominate and play well.. we cant do anything further with him.. cant actually send him up to the AFL for a trial run..

and in my opinion.. in the three SANFL games I’ve seen from Oliver so far I’ve thought he’s looked better than Hately and just as good, if not better, as ROC... I reacon he’ll potentially end up better than both those lads in the long run.

we’ve essentially hamstrung ourselves with the kid for no reason at all other than to maybe save a bit of coin.

yet we instead pick a midget running defender when we’re stacked with running defenders and some of em cant get games because there is a 32 year old has been that never was clogging up the list in front of them. Parnell better transform into a good small forward pretty damn quickly if he wants to get a game..

So who here thinks that if we had two spots available and picked Moyle first, we wouldn't have been able to get Parnell with our second pick?

We could have killed it here and opted not to.

The Crows list management meeting:

Kelly: "Ruck stocks are a bit thin"
Roo: "Nah we have ROB, he's a B&F winner. Strachan is developing nicely, he should be ready when ROB is finished"
Kelly: "Strachan is 25 years old"
Roo: "Is he? Wow. I saw him next to young Dave the other day and he looked pretty young"
Kelly: "Young Dave?"
Roo: "D'Mac! Young fella is killing it this year"
Kelly: "Riiiiight. Um, so ruck stocks?"
Roo: "Still sorted. If it isn't ROB or Strachan we have big Billy and Himmelberg. Won't need a ruck for a few years yet"
Kelly: "yeh. um ok. Reidy your thoughts?"
Reid: "When is it?"
Kelly: "Ah it's tomorrow. Did...did you not know that?"
Reid: "Nah of course I did, just wasn't coming up on dads old Blackberry here"
Roo: "Old man Reid's Blackberry! Great work Reidy. Some gold in that thing"
Kelly: "Yeh......so, plans for the draft?"
Ogilvie: "I've got my eye on a small defender. Can never have enough defenders"
Roo: "oooh sounds interesting. Are you going to pick him a bit earlier than anyone else again?
Ogilvie: "It will surprise a few"
Roo: "A Haggis special! Brilliant. Done. Right I'm off to coach one of my kids"
Kelly: "Yeh ok Roo, which one you coaching?"
Roo: "No idea. I guess I'll find out when I get there"
Kelly: "Alright good work everyone. Let's get it done tomorrow"
Reid: "Wait, what time does it start?"

Didnt we say 2 stengle 2 play the year out in the sanfl and if u stay trouble free we'll play you next season...if he plays out the year trouble free are we a chance to pick him up?

Remove this Banner Ad

2021 Mid season draft (June 2nd)

Back