2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My comment was against Norwood's ruck who beat him soundly, it's you that brought more into it not me.

Neither ROB or Strachan are in the discussion with the top AFL rucks but at least ROB is competitive at the level probably more due to his elite endurance which Strachan doesn't have. It gets down to how much you value ruckmen and how much of the salary cap you think they should take up.

I don't see Tim English's worth as being anything like the money you've touted.
That's fair enough about Tim English.

I'm assuming you're paying $600k for any starting ruckman. Paying English $300k more gets you someone who can actually work as a part of your midfield, taking marks and gathering possessions.

I think that's worth it. Personally, I think ruckmen are overrated, unless they're delivering something in general play.

it maybe why the zoned to west theory
Not sure what the mini-league was in the early 70s but I do know the schools were selected within a zone

I cant deny the names but at 9 years old he must have been an outstanding junior as most mini-leagues were grade 6 and 7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Was going to game but not now. A good win for north but it is unfair for the rest of the competition such as Glenelg that when they played us we had 15 or 16 AFL players and this week we have only 11 or 12. Our back line looks sheissenhausen
Backline Will look better once Curtin and Borlase drop back

Moving the magnets around with emergencies dropping in if they dont play tonight

F O'Leary Murray Tahana
HF Welsh Burgess Gollant
C Jones Curtin McHenry
HB Ryan Borlase J Boyle
B Haysman Madgen H Boyle
R Strachan Edwards Schoenberg
I 4 from McDonald Whimpress Davis Sigal Burton Coleman Daniele Thomas

Agree. Was going to game but not now. A good win for north but it is unfair for the rest of the competition such as Glenelg that when they played us we had 15 or 16 AFL players and this week we have only 11 or 12. Our back line looks sheissenhausen
And there lies the awkward balance the SANFL need to try and find between the traditional clubs and the two reserves teams.
After the 2017 SANFL semi final between Sturt and Port I did a tally of both teams counting ages and AFL games played, it’s a long time ago and don’t have the outcome exactly but the average age between Port and Sturt was something like Port 21.5 and Sturt was 23, maybe less than that.
The collective AFL games played was something like Port 450 and Sturt 150. That 150 for Sturt was largely due to Scott McMahon (124) and Aiden Riley (25)

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back