2024 Fixture

Did the AFL actually compensate us in the fixture for last year's finals debacle?

• Sort of - Better difficulty, but commercial fixture as expected or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Its like the AFL is tearing us apart, by not allowing the tradition to continue.

#torn

This song should be played before our Gather Round game if its not the opening game.
You know, since 1870, Port have never opened gather round. Doesn't get more traditional than that.

Yes, but the AFL are calling this extra round Round 0, so I assume they can still call Richmond vs Carlton as the ‘Round 1’ opener

Still doesn't really change my view. Can't see Melbourne having 1 Friday night game in the first 3 weeks.

Our game will likely be 1 of 2 Friday games that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are they actually proceeding with this round 0 nonsense?

Jesus

"How do we have this bizarre round in the northern states, but still have Richmond/Carlton as the round 1 opener?"

"Call it round 0?"

talking episode 7 GIF

I am extremely sceptical about how next year's fixture is being marketed to us.

Caro has been on 5aa the last few weeks trumpeting how great it is going to be for us, and that Olsen has done a great job getting this as compensation for the Sydney debacle.

2023 should not be the benchmark. I think 2016 and 2019 are reasonable benchmarks as both seasons were coming off having just missed the finals.

2016 we had:
  • 3 games at the MCG
  • 1 home Friday game
  • 1 away Friday game
  • final round at home
  • no regional games

2019 we had:
  • 1 game at the MCG
  • 1 home Friday game
  • 2 away Friday games
  • first round at home
  • 2 regional games

Benchmark should be:
  • 2 games at the MCG
  • 1 home Friday game (not including Gather Round)
  • 1 away Friday game
  • either first or last round at home
  • no more than 1 regional game

If this is what is delivered, it is not a success. It is not great work by Olsen. It is not the AFL coming to the party. It is the default.

Last edited:
Sorry to intrude but almost certain you will be away round 1 as we are hearing one of the perth teams will be playing port away round one the other Perth team will be at home to the lions.

Given fixture is due for release next Thursday, assume leaks will commence from this weekend?
Wait, 5-6 days to go?
1 day will be Gather Rd
Another day will be Rd 1
Whether Rd 0 is the same day as Rd 1 or another is yet to be seen.
1 day will be regional matches.

Ill go
Monday: Gather Rd
Tuesday: Rd 0+1
Wednesday: Regional matches
Thursday: Everything

Wait, 5-6 days to go?
1 day will be Gather Rd
Another day will be Rd 1
Whether Rd 0 is the same day as Rd 1 or another is yet to be seen.
1 day will be regional matches.

Ill go
Monday: Gather Rd
Tuesday: Rd 0+1
Wednesday: Regional matches
Thursday: Everything

You were right about them leaking gather round, just wrong about the day.

Thursday night vs Melbourne. Port on the Friday vs Essendon.

A good test for us - Melbourne is a side that seems to play well against us at Adelaide Oval. Even the year we made the GF they beat us here. Our win loss record is 2-5 😳😳

Wonder if we double up against them in 2024.

Now thinking about Caroline Wilson playing a big Vic club in Round 2, our fixture isn’t going to be easy the first month

Away - ?
Home - big Vic club (assume Collingwood or Carlton possibly Essendon or Richmond)
Away - ? or possibly Showdown
Home - Gather Round (Melbourne)

Last edited:

Ridiculous headline on Fox Sports: "Crows handed huge reward". No mention of Port.
What reward? How does that help us with premiership points? It looks like the beginning of a media campaign to convince us that
we are getting benefits from goal-gate. I think we should be the judges of that.

Ridiculous headline on Fox Sports: "Crows handed huge reward". No mention of Port.
What reward? How does that help us with premiership points? It looks like the beginning of a media campaign to convince us that
we are getting benefits from goal-gate. I think we should be the judges of that.
Yep. We’re being had.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Fixture

Back