Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan Houston anyone?
Heard about 3-4 weeks ago his name pop up as someone who may want to return to VIC. Signed a long term deal last year from memory.

Having another very good season

Hawks will MOST CERTAINLY NOT be offering Battle a red cent until they have secured Connor Nash's signature.
The talk here that he has already signed a new contract is purely guess-work.
Can't imaging Nash would look too favourably on a battler from another club being offered a far larger contract than he's been offered.
John Ralph has had one VB too many, IMO.
The idea that Hawks secure Battle on a huge contract whilst Nash walks out the door for nothing is ridiculous.
why use caps mate and nash is not leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading a top 10 pick for a 28 year old isn't good business. Surely we've moved on from these deals.
AA 27 year old (doesn't turn 28 till mid next year) who is super durable (lowest games in a season is 17).

IF we felt like Houston could push us into the top 4 while also adding a FA or two then I am all for it.

That was my hesitation with Chol. But I think the club is getting the best out of him at the moment

I was more referring to Rayner’s performances in prelims/grand final.

Last edited:
Dan Houston would immediately be our best running HBF and wingman. But he'd surely cost quite a lot in a fair trade, and Port would ask for more again given they are trying to compete for a top four spot. They can't afford to lose him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back