Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Battle and Barras seems overkill to an already well balanced defence so I wouldn't be holding my breath on getting both. Battle situation is really strange for mine. Wanna stay? Sign the ****ing dotted line where it has a plenty dollars written next to it or.... He most likely leaves to the mighty Hawks! İf no signature in the next fortnight, he's a hawk.

We missed out on all our early F/A targets last year and look how that turned out.

If someone cannot know see the upside to Sam Mitchell’s Hawks and are NOT jumping out of there skin to join us…. Well thanks, but no thanks. All the best.

Happy to keep our early draft pick and look for the next trade scoops of 2024, the next Ginnivan, Chol and D’Ambrosio.

I am also excited about what McCabe and Serong can bring to the senior team in 2025.

I really hope that we can use our future first for Tom and stay in this years draft. With the pick we will end up with, we could well end up with the next Will Day

:thumbsu:

If we can make finals and win a round or two, the likelihood of it being next years 1st rounder becomes even better.
Dream scenario that we get this particular outcome.

Crush the draft one more time this year and bring Barrass and Battle in over the off season, well.....

denzel washington GIF

We missed out on all our early F/A targets last year and look how that turned out.

If someone cannot know see the upside to Sam Mitchell’s Hawks and are NOT jumping out of there skin to join us…. Well thanks, but no thanks. All the best.

Happy to keep our early draft pick and look for the next trade scoops of 2024, the next Ginnivan, Chol and D’Ambrosio.

I am also excited about what McCabe and Serong can bring to the senior team in 2025.

Couldn’t agree more. Still so much more improvement and upside in current group plus adding draft picks + role players / untapped talent. If they want to join us then great if not then not fussed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barass is 29 yrs old in October.
So he's 30 yrs old after one season with us (if we trade for him). If he gets a couple of injuries then Bob's your uncle.

The average number of games played by pick 10 is 97.

That’s less than 4 seasons.

It’s worth the risk, even if we get only 3 seasons out of him.

That is very different to a lot of ITK posters who are saying he is not coming.
And I call bullshit on the lot of them. There's no such thing as an ITK poster eight weeks before the season ends. It's all speculation and people wanting to big-note themselves.
I like reading it but I usually don't believe a word of it.

Of course it can still change if not announced by the media. But that was the status as of last night.
According to a very good source. But, the info may be wrong. Let’s wait until the end of the season and see where it lands. More negotiations to be had.

Battle’s flexibility would be an ace for Sam.

And I call bullshit on the lot of them. There's no such thing as an ITK poster eight weeks before the season ends. It's all speculation and people wanting to big-note themselves.
I like reading it but I usually don't believe a word of it.
Yep, you have key board warriors throwing darts so they get some weird satisfaction from bumping a post when his 2025 club is announced The truth is Battle would have signed with the Saints if he was staying so by the law of averages he is leaving. But he might be the rare exception who genuinely can’t make up his mind so will take as much time as he can to make his final decision.

Or he is playing all sides to squeeze out as much money as he can.

Concussion.
My bad.

Although it would've being helpful to have said concussion, instead of just "injured" in the teams.

That said, he only played 14 games last season and 18 so far this season. He would be a valuable addition to Hawks defence but not worth a first round pick. Eagles will have to settle for second round or less if they want to trade.

Bottom line.

We will have several irons in the fire right now.

In priority order.

And work through each one.

We can't go all in too early... We just need to be prepared for all of the various scenarios.

As other posters have mentioned, it feels like we received extra Round 1 selections in Calsher, Mass, Cholly, Ginni and maybe McCabe.

A combination of astute selection, great coaching and plenty of luck.

Time to maximise. Carefully.

He would be a valuable addition to Hawks defence but not worth a first round pick. Eagles will have to settle for second round or less if they want to trade.
He's worth every bit of a first round pick. The club is actively pursuing him so to be willing to pay overs they probably see us as seriously challenging for a flag within three years and he's a missing piece that will get us there.

We all argue about what player X is worth giving up for but the bottom line is what the club thinks we need from that player to get us the next Premiership.

Has norf written all over him

The behaviour of these players all trying to jump off a sinking ship is incredible.

They are all happy to sign the massive deals when they are flying and then when things get a bit tough all want to jump ship.

What about Baker, Bolton, Lynch, Graham, etc etc show a bit of grunt and help with the rebuild while things are a bit tough as they are all being paid extremely well and have had a heap of success.

The average number of games played by pick 10 is 97.

That’s less than 4 seasons.

It’s worth the risk, even if we get only 3 seasons out of him.

And those 97 games would most likely include 30-40 very average games at the start of their career.

If we get 3 seasons/60 odd games out of him, that is the equivalent of 100 games from a pick 10 given Barrass comes straight in fully developed and we get those games whilst Day, Newk, Nash etc are in their prime rather than in 4 years time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back