Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If a player is leaving and doesn't have the blessings of the clubs( a la Barrass), then it makes perfect sense to project indecisiveness.

Triggers the pursuing club to up their offer if they are desperate and does same to current club as well as reassures them, the fight isn't over.

Can we move on from Battle and revisit in Round 24 or after that. HFC should just make its offer and leave it on table. Don't play games.

I want Barrass but for the right price that doesn't compromise our future targets in Balta/Callaghan or anyone in teh right age profile.
are they actually interested in Balta and Callaghan outside of the yes quality player of course we would look into it? or is it just that we on here like them so their names are coming up a lot?

More reason why we should not spend salary cap space and future draft picks getting a guy like Barrass, and tbh Bailey Smith.

I'd much rather shoot for this batch next season.
I much prefer Callaghan to Smith, and Balta to Barrass; quite happy to pay a high price to get either.
barass is exactly what we need, and yesterday showed this - he is a gun - obviously balta is a gun too, but can he handle the big key fwds? seems more of an intercept type, which we have a few of, and if we get barrass it really frees up weddle, who is possibly the pick of the bunch in this role

all are worthy targets, and at least now we are a very attractive destination again....those few minutes in the wilderness were really tough :cool:

barass is exactly what we need, and yesterday showed this - he is a gun - obviously balta is a gun too, but can he handle the big key fwds? seems more of an intercept type, which we have a few of, and if we get barrass it really frees up weddle, who is possibly the pick of the bunch in this role

all are worthy targets, and at least now we are a very attractive destination again....those few minutes in the wilderness were really tough :cool:
Balta is more lockdown than Barrass. With the plus side of being younger, faster and without a bad back.

Barrass is better dropping off his man and reading the high ball off the boot. Where Balta will stick to his man more but is prone to the odd brain implosion.

Both make some very bad errors by foot.

If we have a choice between the two I’d imagine it would easily be Balta it’s just he might not be gettable.

No I believe he has made up his mind but when people ask him he says that he hasn’t and that it’s an incredibly difficult decision. What else is he going to say…

This. What is he supposed to say besides just sitting here quietly without signing? what is weird is that everyone is annoyed he hasn’t announced that he’s leaving while stkilda’s season is still active.

Balta is dynamic but Barrass and Battle are far more reliable.

Balta would also cost a lot. I much prefer Barrass and/or Battle, we have a better, younger version of Balta in Weddle.
Balta costs less than Barrass in terms of draft picks if we get him next year.

Balta and Weddle have some physical attributes in common but play differently.

Balta is more like a much better Frost.

This. What is he supposed to say besides just sitting here quietly without signing? what is weird is that everyone is annoyed he hasn’t announced that he’s leaving while stkilda’s season is still active.
Yeah exactly, the only ones who have a right to be frustrated by the situation is the Saints

Balta costs less than Barrass in terms of draft picks if we get him next year.

Balta and Weddle have some physical attributes in common but play differently.

Balta is more like a much better Frost.
He costs less because he isn't as good!

His age means he probably costs about the same anyway

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree, i rate Barass a lot higher than i do Balta (as a player, not necessarily from a list management perspective).

Think a bit of Vic media hype/bias plays into the amount of attention they respectively get

but im a bigfooty poster, what the **** do i know

agree, i rate Barass a lot higher than i do Balta (as a player, not necessarily from a list management perspective).

Think a bit of Vic media hype/bias plays into the amount of attention they respectively get

but im a bigfooty poster, what the **** do i know
Give me Balta as a free agent over Barass who will cost our first pick at a minimum every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Balta is an athletic bull who could play for the next eight years. Barrass will cost plenty and turns 30 next year ..

Give me Balta as a free agent over Barass who will cost our first pick at a minimum every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Balta is an athletic bull who could play for the next eight years. Barrass will cost plenty and turns 30 next year ..
Mate you've nailed it to a T. If the option was you could pick 1 out of the 2, Balta any day of the week without a doubt.

But if Balta is not a guarantee and you can pounce on Barrass now who's keen, you would take Barrass.

Free agent compared to giving up a first round pick.

We will also get a lot more games out of Balta.

I've been convinced that we're getting Battle since we Ross Lyon said we were. Nothing has changed my mind on that. Comments in public from Stkilda and Battle's management only reinforce this. Also that we don't seem to have been caught meeting him like we were with Barrass, Perryman and Smith.

I have no idea where the idea that he's going to stay at Stkilda is coming from.

Stkilda sources haven't changed from saying he's going to be a hawk.

I think by sounds of todays reports with battle and Barras being informed of the other is that Battle may have questioned if he was still wanted when he's seeing media reports about other players.

The problem with this time of year you really cannot make a solid commitment to a player and they can't either. No doubt Simpson getting sacked started a chain reaction with battle.

If Port miss finals we could see Hinkley sacked and then making list changes.

If Sydney continues this poor form what happens? Is it because some players are unhappy?

We also don't know if 1 of our players will request a trade at seasons end forcing us to focus on another area.

All this speculation about big names, and it’s the hidden gems that work out best.
Last year’s trade period at the time seemed underwhelming, but what we did was pretty amazing.
Massimo for Bramble
Ginnivan for Brockman
Chol for Kossie
Gunston for Ryan

If we can pull out 4 more players who can have this level of impact and be this much of an upgrade… I don’t care who they are

Balta is NOT available in the open market this off season yet here we are,, pages and pages of posters thinking that balta is getteble and not only that, that the Hawks are the ONLY club who has the God given right to anyone available!!!!
İt's Battle and Barras, let's concentrate on those shall we?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back