Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Make some massive offers for genuine game changers at the end of 2025, plenty of good ones out of contract next year. I’m not going to loose any sleep if we sign Battle, just hope it triggers band2 compo.

We need to spend a minimum amount of salary cap space each year. So if it triggers band 1 to bring in a player that will improve our list further, besides you, who cares? We will be paying a very good player on what we perceive will make us stronger. We can front end that contract. Barrass, is available now, who apparently wants to be play for us. Once again Barrass fills a need for us to move forward in winning a premiership, so it’s a case of looking at the now, rather than the if 12 months later. A lot can happen in 12 months, some of these “genuine game changers” could have a serious injury that impacts their input, some may not want to move, some may want to go to other contenders, we may even go backwards next year. There is too many if’s waiting for next year, we need to be in the now, to give ourselves a good chance of being genuine contenders.

We've committed to Barrass. No backing out now.
No matter how good Pettracca is, I would much prefer Barrass, as he fills a need down back. IMO We should really only be targeting 1 27+ year old to the group, our midfield is doing alright. I don’t want a situation where it’s Tom and JOM taking midfield minutes away from players like MacKenzie, Ward and Finn ect, as I think that long term it could set us back.

If we were a sniff of Petracca all bets are off with Barrass and we pivot quick smart.
I don’t think that is going to happen. Get ready for 2025 and what that might mean for someone out West!

Don’t forget pick trading comes in 2025 as will Draft trading selections be extended to two years. It will be interesting how many future second round picks are created!

Last edited:
I don’t think that is going to happen. Get ready for 2025 and what that might mean for someone out West!

Don’t forget pick trading comes in 2025 will be extended to two years. It will be interesting how many future second round picks are created!
O. Allen?

Nathan Brown on the Footy Show saying Smith to the Cats. Another media mouthpiece certain of that move.

The one we have been linked too and I am very unsure about is Harry Perryman.

He just seems like a good honest utility type footballer when I watch him play and I reckon we have plenty who are the same size and do the same role.
I agree - I was pretty excited about him but have watched him closely over the last 5 or 6 weeks and it's all a bit meh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to be clear I am simply offering an opinion on the recruitment of Barrass and Battle and am not claiming any inside knowledge.

My time here is done.

Go Hawks!

I’m not remotely asking nor wanting you to leave the thread - I like your input and the thread doesn’t operate well as a hive mind. I’m just genuinely curious why you keep talking down players you openly state you’d happily take at the right price.

Nathan Brown on the Footy Show saying Smith to the Cats. Another media mouthpiece certain of that move.

Get Out No GIF

The more this year has progressed the less and less our need for Smith has existed. Wouldn’t even be in our top 3 midfielders at present nor our top 5 players overall but would come at a price much steeper than Barrass. This isn’t to say Smith is a dud player - he’s not, but he’s just not as glaring a need as he would have seemed to be 12 months ago. Much more enthused about our other targets.

Make some massive offers for genuine game changers at the end of 2025, plenty of good ones out of contract next year. I’m not going to lose any sleep if we sign Battle, just hope it triggers band2 compo.

Yep we don't have to spend it all in one year, we have been pushing our war chest money down the road for a years.

So we spend a bit of it then spend more next year.

Don’t forget pick trading comes in 2025 as will Draft trading selections be extended to two years. It will be interesting how many future second round picks are created!

How does that work tops if we spend it all in one year.

People seem to be really concerned about giving up what the media are saying it would take. There is still almost 2 months until the trade period opens there will be talk

I would suggest not getting too worried about what’s being said now, just relax and enjoy the fact we are a destination club again

There’s no point getting angry and letting it ruin your day until it happens and then by all means burn it to the ground

People seem to be really concerned about giving up what the media are saying it would take. There is still almost 2 months until the trade period opens there will be talk

I would suggest not getting too worried about what’s being said now, just relax and enjoy the fact we are a destination club again

There’s no point getting angry and letting it ruin your day until it happens and then by all means burn it to the ground
Yeah I'm just treating any estimate about "how much it would take" from any WA media entity as being the equivalent to a trade hypothetical from the Eagles board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back