Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If this starts getting messy, I trust Sam will walk away. No point risking compromising well-earned culture for someone who may not be as committed to the cause.

Of course, I could be jumping at shadows, in which case I apologise to Battle in partcular.

Battle seems like a genuine quality person and perhaps Ross and the Saints have played on that a little……. This could be part of the problem….. he just might not be as ruthless as some others.

Second this post on the assets we have for Trac..( except no Worpel)

Worps have a big $$$ thrown his way next yr if he performs same as this yr. Last yr I was comparing Taranto and Worps, who would teams prefer now?

F1+ Reevees + ML is plenty and should ideally have some steak knives coming back to us depending on if we are taking on Trac's full $$$ or Demons are paying some part of it.

Pies F1 last yr was devalued and is now pick 10, we need to sell that to Demons.

Maybe even a 3 way trade with Blues with Harry coming to us and they getting Trac.

Worps have a big $$$ thrown his way next yr if he performs same as this yr. Last yr I was comparing Taranto and Worps, who would teams prefer now?

F1+ Reevees + ML is plenty and should ideally have some steak knives coming back to us depending on if we are taking on Trac's full $$$ or Demons are paying some part of it.

Pies F1 last yr was devalued and is now pick 10, we need to sell that to Demons.

Maybe even a 3 way trade with Blues with Harry coming to us and they getting Trac.

How many years does Gawn have left?

Dunno how they could play both Reeves and Gawn, when the former can only play in the ruck and offers no flexibility. I suppose Gawn could be plonked forward, and maybe they'd get some more games out of him that way. Otherwise would Reeves be happy being a backup for a few more years?

Probably a moot point as I doubt we would trade Lewis now, and I doubt he would want to leave. Melbourne have been working on Lewis for years, and he may have genuinely been interested earlier this season. But since then their wheels have fallen off, and we have launched ourselves into finals.

Lewis could one of the biggest additions of any club next season (two seasons), and he is already here.

A back up ruck, a key forward who won't play all of next season , and a pick around 12-18. Keep dreaming.

We aren’t getting him for a key forward who has not played a single full season in the AFL and a back up ruckmen plus a late first.

I’m also not certain we do have the cap space for him if we are also adding Barrass and Battle and possibly Perryman.

Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

We aren’t getting him for a key forward who has not played a single full season in the AFL and a back up ruckmen plus a late first.

I’m also not certain we do have the cap space for him if we are also adding Barrass and Battle and possibly Perryman.

I’d be content with just adding one of Barrass or Battle. I think that rounds out our defence well. it allows Weddle to move up the field, allows Sic the freedom to intercept , keeps Frost in the picture, gets Scrim playing the role he has been so well this year and allows Serong and McCabe the opportunity to to get some game time and / or development. Also keeps our cap space in good condition.. Wish it were Barass who was the FA , I think he’s the better fit given our list strengths and weaknesses..We’re going to need lots of cash to keep this list together for our new dynasty!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading Worpel? How does no sound! We should be doing everything we can to sign him up before he hits FA next year, not trading him.
Worpel is the last player Melbourne need as well - they are already stacked for inside mids.

Although actual need has not been a high priority for Melbournes recruiting for a while now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back