Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Every time I've seen Jack Lukosius play, I've been impressed by him.

I'm bewildered by the Suns not having a place in their side for Jack and wanting to trade him.

I'm sure Sam could get more out of him than Damien Hardwick.

If we could get a good deal while trading for Jack, I'd be happy with that.
Dimbrain didn’t want Chol either. He’s 0-1 at present and about to be 0-2 when Jack leaves.

About the same

About the same you payed him
You guys should be paying him alot more than we did, because after being at Nth the poor bloke will never be able to coach again. When you signed him, you ruined him. There's more chance you turn him into a loser than him turning you into winners.

Interesting.

"Come with me on this: Hawthorn gives Pick 30, a future first-round pick and Mitch Lewis to Melbourne for Petracca."

The author is just making BigFooty hypotheticals.

Pick 30, F1 and Lewis (with ACL) wouldn't be enough for Melbourne IMO. It's not horrible but they'll be making some hefty demands for their best player.

Saints are the only ones able to pay the price comfortably but sounds like Petracca doesn't want to play for another small club.

Pick 30, F1 and Lewis (with ACL) wouldn't be enough for Melbourne IMO. It's not horrible but they'll be making some hefty demands for their best player.

Saints are the only ones able to pay the price comfortably but sounds like Petracca doesn't want to play for another small club.
If Mitch was fit, firing and kicking 50 goals a year, it might be more realistic. But then of course we would not be entertaining the idea of offloading him for a second. It's such a balancing act.

I'd love Trac at our club, but I doubt it could get done.

Melbourne fans would riot at that deal.

I’m enjoying the Petracca circus. Melbourne are a basket case. Both sides are backgrounding and leaking trying to control the narrative. Melbourne pushing that Petracca is a selfish flog who only wants to go to a big club to increase the amount of people who will watch him chop onions online. And Petracca camp pushing Melbourne’s rancid culture and the Oliver/Goodwin issues. I’m here for it all

Melbourne fans would riot at that deal.

I’m enjoying the Petracca circus. Melbourne are a basket case. Both sides are backgrounding and leaking trying to control the narrative. Melbourne pushing that Petracca is a selfish flog who only wants to go to a big club to increase the amount of people who will watch him chop onions online. And Petracca camp pushing Melbourne’s rancid culture and the Oliver/Goodwin issues. I’m here for it all

Melbourne are a train wreck and it’s hard to understand why they don’t see it and make the big decisions necessary to dig themselves out of a deep hole.. Anyways their problem, and might be the leagues problem fairly soon as they are going to be next level bad in three years time..Thank god Don Scott saved us from
Merging with that basket case..Possibly the biggest sliding doors moment of our clubs history…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly, why would you grind through 5 of our worst years in history and suddenly see potential for flags then be happy to leave and go to snowtown?

He’s got 2 years left, and has a lot of injuries. I believe in him and think he will eventually become the player we need, but if Melbourne offered 5 on more money he’d be mad not to take it from a personal point of view.

It’s his job, and securing his financial future wouldn’t be easy to reject.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reported sum isn't quite correct. It's actually not that far from my ' rather exaggerated ' amount.
On a side note, I've watched GWS a couple times and I still don't know who he is. Is he that much better than Harry Morrison? Not sure tbh.
Perryman plays every game the last 5 years for GWS while they've been good. Morrison is still very much a fringe player.

Perryman is taller, stronger, faster. Can get the ball more and kick it further.

Thing is Perryman is used at half back as lockdown sometimes rebound sometimes. Few years ago had stints forward. But for us, he'd be a wingman.

Unfortunately for Petracca, it doesn’t look like he’s going to be able to get out of there no matter how hard he tries.

Melbourne will not trade him unless they get something in return and the only teams that have that value Petracca will not want to go to.

All the fanciful trades where people in the media are saying “oh but if Harry McKay or if Jordan DeGoey are willing to go to Melbourne it could work” should just stop because those players are not going to want to go to Melbourne.

He signed a long contract and unfortunately for him he’s locked in with nowhere to go.

Unfortunately for Petracca, it doesn’t look like he’s going to be able to get out of there no matter how hard he tries.

Melbourne will not trade him unless they get something in return and the only teams that have that value Petracca will not want to go to.

All the fanciful trades where people in the media are saying “oh but if Harry McKay or if Jordan DeGoey are willing to go to Melbourne it could work” should just stop because those players are not going to want to go to Melbourne.

He signed a long contract and unfortunately for him he’s locked in with nowhere to go.
Yep - the only way it's gonna work is if a Collingwood or Carlton type trade off a premium player to a different club to get the picks required.

And would Melbourne even want a picks-only trade for Petracca?

Only the most desperate players would go there right now

If he ditches the contract other sides would find a way.

For us, I wouldn't be trading Mitch Lewis. His value is at its lowest but my guess is the plan is Gunston will phase our next year as he makes his way back. It's still a hole in our list so we cannot give him away unless Scaife emerges as a Coleman medal candidate.

He won a flag, he might just now have to count the money as he moves into the end of his career.

I imagine Melbourne will act on SOME of his grievances to keep him semi-satisfied; they hold the whip-hand with the contract though.

TDK is the one that may shift the needle mate.

He won a flag, he might just now have to count the money as he moves into the end of his career.

I imagine Melbourne will act on SOME of his grievances to keep him semi-satisfied; they hold the whip-hand with the contract though.
Depends if his grienvaces are "I want the culture to be better" or more like "I can't play for a club that has goodwin in charge"

If we add Barass and Battle, and seek out a third player as well - we are definitely going to have to lose at least one current best-22 player.

There's no way we can bring in three guys of this calibre and just offload some fringe players.
Who would this third player be?

Until there are actual names, talking about which best-22 player we would 'have to lose' to make an unspecified player a Hawk doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
If Petracca really wants out for the reasons he says (Melbourne’s culture), he should drop the demands about which clubs (big clubs and contending sides) he wants to move to. Clubs like St Kilda, Richmond, North (lol) could do a deal that satisfies Melbourne but that’s not what he wants.

The GCS are spoilt brats. Every year they get gifted new toys to play with from Mummy and Daddy (AFL) so why would they place so much value on one player? They pay them stupid amounts because they can just so they can hold onto them while they want to play with them, then they get bored and their attention taken away by the next available talent and move them on all with Mummy and Daddy's blessing. Other clubs would kill to be able to be so flippant with talent.

They are a souless plastic franchise and quite frankly one of the worst decisions the AFL has ever made in growing the game up here in QLD.

Paul Rudd Wear A Mask GIF by GIPHY News

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back