Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't realise you meant Bartel as a potential board member or a football department member. That said, I still question what he would be doing with Roughead meeting Barrass and Harley Reid. Reid is just pure fantasy.
The 4 of them may have had a meeting that doesn't mean automatically mean that Bartel and or Reid are being courted by Hawthorn. It just means that they are having lunch.

I saw Jack Ginnivan with Tom Mitchell and Josh Giddy the other day. Does that mean Tom's coming back and giddy is quitting the Chicago Bulls to be a category b rookie at Hawthorn? No they were doing a podcast.

It's possible these 4 will do some business venture together. I say Bailey Smith and Jarred Roughhead in a TV commercial the other day too and they were in a super box together at the football. Doesn't mean squat.

Buddy and Wellingham were together constantly when both playing in Melbourne.

I'm not skeptical at all that the lunch occurred, but making inferences from it is ridiculous.

Allegedly Roughy at lunch with Barrass, Bartel and Reid. Can anyone else confirm as this was a Facebook rumour?
Seems like a strange and ultimately premature answer to the question of which 3 famous people would you choose as your 3 dinner guests…

The 4 of them may have had a meeting that doesn't mean automatically mean that Bartel and or Reid are being courted by Hawthorn. It just means that they are having lunch.

I saw Jack Ginnivan with Tom Mitchell and Josh Giddy the other day. Does that mean Tom's coming back and giddy is quitting the Chicago Bulls to be a category b rookie at Hawthorn? No they were doing a podcast.

It's possible these 4 will do some business venture together. I say Bailey Smith and Jarred Roughhead in a TV commercial the other day too and they were in a super box together at the football. Doesn't mean squat.

I'm not skeptical at all that the lunch occurred, but making inferences from it is ridiculous.

All in on Bartel, great operator, far beyond his years already

All in on Bartel, great operator, far beyond his years already
If we can add Bartel, I can't help but feel we will be building arguably the strongest off-field team in the league.

I personally think Reid is a pipe dream unless we're willing to give up more than we have access to and can purchase picks, but I can also imagine Roughy would be picking Bartel's brain on how to get him across.

Nah. Can't see it, as for all of the good things he did, he was part of the New Wave of Geelong Umpiring Cheats.

Knee drop. Dive forwards. "In the Back".

Don't get those ones wearing Brown and Gold.
Meh. Every time I saw him take a chest mark going back with the flight I imagined him in the Brown and Gold. Plus it's just a vibe thing, I loved Jordy Lewis but he always felt like a Collingwood player in a Hawks jumper to me. Don't ask me to explain because I can't!

Nah. Can't see it, as for all of the good things he did, he was part of the New Wave of Geelong Umpiring Cheats.

Knee drop. Dive forwards. "In the Back".

Don't get those ones wearing Brown and Gold.

C'mon, have you seen what Watson, Puopolo, Moore and Ginnivan have done over the years. I imagine everyone would argue that what Bartel did that one time is less egregious than the dodgy high frees.

Meh. Every time I saw him take a chest mark going back with the flight I imagined him in the Brown and Gold. Plus it's just a vibe thing, I loved Jordy Lewis but he always felt like a Collingwood player in a Hawks jumper to me. Don't ask me to explain because I can't!
I love you Kermi but there’s a reason you can’t explain it. I’ll leave it at that.

Go Hawks!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allegedly Roughy at lunch with Barrass, Bartel and Reid. Can anyone else confirm as this was a Facebook rumour?
I saw this rumour on fbook. Someone’s friends wife saw them.

Hmm yeah I think I’ll take $200 on things that never happened.

If we announce Bartel is joining the club in the next few weeks I will give a lot more credence to this rumour.

Hasn't been too widely reported that he is stepping down as footy director of GWS and he is a pretty random person to include in a meeting in Perth with Rough, Barrass (perfectly reasonable). A purely made up one would probably have Sam or Rob M involved imo.

Still think Reid is a long shot but having said that, I am pretty certain he will want to come back to Vic given the state of West Coast and we would have to be as well placed as anyone from a cultural and salary cap perspective.

I saw this rumour on fbook. Someone’s friends wife saw them.

Hmm yeah I think I’ll take $200 on things that never happened.
It was the persons wife that saw them in Malvern. The poster has been in the group since 2015.

If we announce Bartel is joining the club in the next few weeks I will give a lot more credence to this rumour.

Hasn't been too widely reported that he is stepping down as footy director of GWS and he is a pretty random person to include in a meeting in Perth with Rough, Barrass (perfectly reasonable). A purely made up one would probably have Sam or Rob M involved imo.

Still think Reid is a long shot but having said that, I am pretty certain he will want to come back to Vic given the state of West Coast and we would have to be as well placed as anyone from a cultural and salary cap perspective.
It was reported to be in Malvern.

Some people I swear when Sam says:
"I don't read too much into those sorts of rumours" they hear:
"I don't Reid too much into those sorts of rumours" and reach for the "It's happening" gif.

This. Or something else that explains his presence that wasn’t public knowledge at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back