Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Braedan Campbell would compliment our squad well.

Quick, skillful and can play multiple positions.
Pity he’s not 5 inches taller. Always liked him though, even from his draft year. Just looked a serious player.

Pity he’s not 5 inches taller. Always liked him though, even from his draft year. Just looked a serious player.
By looking at how much Mass has flourished under Sam, it begs the question of what Braedan could become.

I think he has more tools than Mass.

Sam seems really insightful in how he convinces players that he can improve them significantly, really convinced Battle in that aspect.

Braedan Campbell would compliment our squad well.

Quick, skillful and can play multiple positions.

I reckon we were the one to bid on him in his draft year from memory. Unsure if that was just making Swans pay up or that we were genuinely keen.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

From memory we placed a bid on him?

I’d imagine we remain interested like we were with Mass.
We did. No doubt we still have interest. It’s why Nelk mentioned him.

By looking at how much Mass has flourished under Sam, it begs the question of what Braedan could become.

I think he has more tools than Mass.

Sam seems really insightful in how he convinces players that he can improve them significantly, really convinced Battle in that aspect.
I still think Campbell could probably be a fair player but he's been fairly average this year. Great last quarter against GWS but coming on fresh in the hardest running final of the weekend it's probably to be expected that he'd have an impact, still yet to see him have a noteworthy full game.

It’s because best 22’s are a pipe dream, and injuries happen all the time. You need a deep squad.

Imagine if we’d decided against drafting Watson because “we already have Moore, MacDonald, Bruest and Ginnivan”.
We quite literally just played a final with Maginness and Morrison in the side, and they are not considered best 22 by most.

Lists win flags, not 22’s.
True but you also don’t want to pay 6x800 for depth that’s equally not good list mgt. Perryman fine at 600 that won’t get it done which is fine he’s not anything like a desperate need. Barrass and Battle a developing KP Draft with Cody Anderson works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True but you also don’t want to pay 6x800 for depth that’s equally not good list mgt. Perryman fine at 600 that won’t get it done which is fine he’s not anything like a desperate need. Barrass and Battle a developing KP Draft with Cody Anderson works.
Wouldn’t you assume that if we were paying someone that much then they are more then likely seen to be ahead of a few in the pecking order, rather than just depth.

Elite runners will be in high demand this off season. He seems very entrenched at the club but other clubs will surely make enquiries of CJ and his management with him missing finals selection. I know a Collingwood recruiter who loves him as a player and they obviously have his brother. After their exits and being exposed for lack of run, Carlton and Bulldogs would be crazy not to come asking, with money, either.

Elite runners will be in high demand. He seems very entrenched at the club but other clubs will surely make enquiries of CJ and his management with him missing finals selection. I know a Collingwood recruiter who loves him as a player and they obviously have his brother. After their exits and being exposed for lack of run, Carlton and Bulldogs would be crazy not to come asking either.
He’s signed a 3yr extension only a month ago, Sam loves him.

Won’t be going anywhere no matter who asks.

Elite runners will be in high demand this off season. He seems very entrenched at the club but other clubs will surely make enquiries of CJ and his management with him missing finals selection. I know a Collingwood recruiter who loves him as a player and they obviously have his brother. After their exits and being exposed for lack of run, Carlton and Bulldogs would be crazy not to come asking, with money, either.
CJ didn't miss finals selection, he was in the side then went out injured. He needed to prove his fitness to be selected for elimination final and failed to show it at box hill.

He is not currently at the required fitness levels due to the injury.

Mitchell won’t weaken the current squad in any way whatsoever. Ready for a 4-5 year period contending absolutely

What exactly have Collingwood got the hawks would want?

Nick Daicos

Do we know if sub will be in place next year? Could mean that punky will play a fair bit in this role. Gunner might play a bit at BH with Sic and Battle rotating back and forward and Weddle on a wing. Frost played to well to be at BH. As SYL injuries mean we don’t have all 22 and if players sore and our win loss record better we may be able to rest players occasionally

Rough call given the injury, but I wonder if someone would have a look at Butler?
Good player at VFL level, felt like this was his year to creak into the seniors properly and I'd say his skill set would appeal to half a dozen clubs.

Rough call given the injury, but I wonder if someone would have a look at Butler?
Good player at VFL level, felt like this was his year to creak into the seniors properly and I'd say his skill set would appeal to half a dozen clubs.
Someone may express interest, but I am inclined to keep Butsy.

Chad has retired and you would think next year will definitely be Punky’s last.

Frosty's injury is why we are getting B1 and B2. You can't have enough key position depth and with Battle/Sic/Weddle all able to push forward we have flexibility in the event injury or suspension takes Dear or Mabs early next year.

If we are trying to work out how everyone fits then that is a great position to be in and yes someone will likely be unlucky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back