Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope that St Kilda get Merrett only so we can play everyone’s favourite game - watching Essendon burn multiple first round picks on average at best talent!
I am not interested in what Essendon and StKilda do. Can’t see this happening. How/who are the hawks going to get forward, what gun mid do we target, that is of interest.

I am not interested in what Essendon and StKilda do. Can’t see this happening. How/who are the hawks going to get forward, what gun mid do we target, that is of interest.
I mean, I know all these answers but why don’t you tell me your answers first and I’ll tell you if I have the same ones…
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Well, that's fine - but you can just skim read posts on the topic while others discuss it being that nothing is happening at our end at present.

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on what we'll end up giving up for Barrass? IMO I think a fair deal is pick 13 (likely to be around pick 16) + a 3rd rounder. All this talk of 2 x 1st rounders in the WA media is likely being floated as a means of them getting what they actually want which is pick 16 + 2nd rounder.

If this is the case then like in all haggling processes do we end up doing pick 16 + F2 with a F3 coming back? If I had to guess then this is what I think the deal ends up looking like that is if there are no players being included.

Tops, you have mentioned Max G from GWS bring a player of interest.. is that still being looked at??
Haven’t seen a lot of him but I think an athletic tall forward should be a priority over a Perryman type..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We are pursuing but GWS plan to make him honour it is what I am hearing.

We are pursuing but GWS plan to make him honour it is what I am hearing.

Thanks mate.
I hope we have other 3rd tall options in our sights. It’s our lists weakest link in my mind. If Lewis returns well, then we’ll be ok, but that’s no sure thing. I’d have used our first rounder on this player type but that picks goneski..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate.
I hope we have other 3rd tall options in our sights. It’s our lists weakest link in my mind. If Lewis returns well, then we’ll be ok, but that’s no sure thing. I’d have used our first rounder on this player type but that picks goneski..

I suspect one of Weddle or Sicily plays higher up next year.

Lewis coming back mid-year.

Wouldn't be surprised if we go for a tall forward with Pick 30 either. There are a few around that range.

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on what we'll end up giving up for Barrass? IMO I think a fair deal is pick 13 (likely to be around pick 16) + a 3rd rounder. All this talk of 2 x 1st rounders in the WA media is likely being floated as a means of them getting what they actually want which is pick 16 + 2nd rounder.

If this is the case then like in all haggling processes do we end up doing pick 16 + F2 with a F3 coming back? If I had to guess then this is what I think the deal ends up looking like that is if there are no players being included.
Feel like they'll take DGB and our first

I suspect one of Weddle or Sicily plays higher up next year.

Lewis coming back mid-year.

Wouldn't be surprised if we go for a tall forward with Pick 30 either. There are a few around that range.
I agree on this but would also suggest Scrim has shown how well he reads play in flight and would be a possible for the third tall in forward line. We will have ridiculous flex next year on line up from quarter to quarter and the more players can move round the harder it is to setup against us.

Pick 13 is fair for Barrass. We are probably giving up a decent player with that pick (Day, Weddle went around that mark). DGB will be delisted, so not sure he adds much value.

We also need to think that Watson, Dear, Mass, Moore, Weddle, Newcombe, Day still want young talent to come in for 10 years down the track. Giving up draft picks easily is doing a disservice to them

Thinking this years first and next years 3rd should do it, unless a player is added instead of F 3rd. It is his age and his lingering back issues that discount the deal.

Just curious but why do we have to compare our current (some not even obtained yet) to our past greats? Maybe just let them develop their own identity. The game is totally different now and not many of the players compared above play anything like each other so really what's the point.
There are some roles in football that are constant and not changing. I didn't say it to necessarily compare players to past players. Just using past players as an example of the role played rather than a long winded explanation of what a medium lockdown defender does. Most people remember stratton as a player who could play tall and small, take marks and generally had low possession numbers. So Frost into that role as opossed to the full back role he played this year.

I agree, we do not need to try to emulate the exact structure of players and find replacements as the game has moved on. We're seeing a big shift with small forwards in that clubs now want more and more forwards that go up the ground and get 20 disposals vs stay at home crumbers/goal sneaks.

If there's 2x first rounders involved it will likely just be our first for their 2nd type senario. If they deem our F1st not enough, we add our first pick 13 for their 2nd pick 21. So we essentially slide down a bit.

I personally think 1 pick between 15-20 is a fair deal. I know every year is different but just based on his age. Tom Mitchell was only a pick 14 at 22. Brad Hill as pick 21 at a similar age and had 3 flags and was already one of the best wingers in the comp. Both won BnF's in first year at new club.

We also need to think that Watson, Dear, Mass, Moore, Weddle, Newcombe, Day still want young talent to come in for 10 years down the track. Giving up draft picks easily is doing a disservice to them
10 years from now is on the back burner. All those players want to win premierships now. Its not going enter their frame of mind

10 years from now is on the back burner. All those players want to win premierships now. Its not going enter their frame of mind

There is no guarantee that our development will be linear.

The Dees wasted 2019 and 2020 before saluting in 2021, Collingwood jumped up in 2018/19 before going again in 2022/23 and Richmond screwed around in 2014, 15 and 16 before getting the shit together in 2017.

Given the Hawks age profile it would not surprise me in the slightest if we regressed for a year or two. Giving up high picks for a short term need just screams danger, danger…

This is not a Hawthorn 2012 situation

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back