MRP / Trib. 2024 MRP Lotto thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't really matter if it was accidental, he swung his arm hard enough to draw blood and if you do it at that height you know you might catch a guy in the face and hurt him.

But I don't really think it was accidental. I've seen the things Isaac Heeney can do on a footy field, his awareness, his quick decision making. The idea that he's just some big clumsy buffoon who couldn't possibly have intended to slam a guy in the nose is a bit ridiculous.
The accident part would be where the hit landed not that he didn’t mean to hit him.

Webster was lower than Heeney expected. So a hit intended for the chest hits him in the face.

Part of it has to do with Heeney not looking at Webster when he begins to swing the arm.

Which iirc was a significant issue for Campbell Brown with an errant elbow behind him (Brown didn’t look at all).

As a lawyer, I would have made the case that webster was bending over so impact was low, and because the person who was struck was jimmy Webster, nobody could care less.

Low and careless.

Easiest job in the world.
Also because Jimmy Webster is a low player.

The accident part would be where the hit landed not that he didn’t mean to hit him.

Webster was lower than Heeney expected. So a hit intended for the chest hits him in the face.

Part of it has to do with Heeney not looking at Webster when he begins to swing the arm.

Which iirc was a significant issue for Campbell Brown with an errant elbow behind him (Brown didn’t look at all).
Lower than we all expected in that practise game.

If he gets off based on an error in law or that the sanction was unreasonable or manifestly excessive then pack up the Tribunal.

I can’t see how they can think there is any grounds for that decision to meet those criteria.

The only thing they are trying to exploit is some idiots stupid idea to put the word usually into the grading. But that’s an extremely long bow, because then they have to argue that action falls out side of usual.

If they do then smells like someone at the AFL opened the vote cards and ran a quick tally.

There you go didn’t think that would be the end of it lol. Swans didn’t have enough time to come up with a bullshit reasoning to get him off. In tandem with the AFL they must have worked something out. What a joke of a competition this has become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If part of the Swines appeal is that the penalty is excessive then the Appeals Board should be able to increase the penalty if they believe it's warranted.

At the moment, Clubs have the attitude just appeal and spin the bottle - nothing to lose.

In the end, it's us paying for this silliness.

If part of the Swines appeal is that the penalty is excessive then the Appeals Board should be able to increase the penalty if they believe it's warranted.

At the moment, Clubs have the attitude just appeal and spin the bottle - nothing to lose.

In the end, it's us paying for this silliness.
Just 1 week for an intentional strike (that's what it's graded as...) that broke a player's nose doesn't pass the sniff test (because Webster can no longer sniff).

AFL would have grounds to quadruple that penalty under that logic :)

It won't happen, but I'd die of laughter if the penalty was increased at all because of it. Don't get me wrong, it would be a bloody travesty when comparing the incident to the punishment, but the AFL rules and their interpretations are so damned twisted already that sometimes you can't help but laugh.

Just accept it you ****ers. I hate the Swans. Hall, Dunkley they have history of appealing. Not like it’s a final this week.

If one of our players was the favourite for the Brownlow and got suspended over something like this, we would be up in arms as a fanbase demanding the club appeal.

Let's be fair.

If one of our players was the favourite for the Brownlow and got suspended over something like this, we would be up in arms as a fanbase demanding the club appeal.

Let's be fair.
Absolutely. Still should get a holiday though.

Let's be fair.
They did appeal and it failed.

Now they are purely just trying to find some obscure loophole to get him off.

Sometimes as shit as it might be you have to accept the decision.

It might make him refine his separation technique, which was to strike Webster in the guts. For that reason I don’t really have a lot of sympathy as that type of action should be discouraged anyway.

Being a favourite for the Brownlow Medal shouldn’t preclude you from being treated like the rest of the player base.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back