Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 7, last 24th June)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 104 90.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

guy who posted is a bit of a flog. Seen a rumour of him wanting out of saints a few times in recent weeks. Probably the best we could currently get. Need to invest in a good young ruck though as he'll be cooked in 2 years I reckon... fills a need for now

One of the journos was saying on the radio yesterday that he’s not overly happy at the saints and other clubs have said he’s gettable.

One of the journos was saying on the radio yesterday that he’s not overly happy at the saints and other clubs have said he’s gettable.
If we went after a player like Coomben in the draft (not with our 1st which has to be midfielder) and traded for Marshall, it would probably solve the ruck conundrum for us as Marshall has a few good years left while the young fella would develop.

But hey, its the crows so it will never happen

They need to get the Crouch band back together. MCrouch + RoB for Marshall sounds reasonable.
Actually maybe the Saints should grab Matty given he roved to Rowan Marshall for several years and both dominated at the then Ballarat Rebels in the NAB League. Brad only the one year.

I suggested Rowan Marshall as Ruck/Forward 3 or so years ago when the North Ballarat Roosters went belly up in the VFL, liked the lad ever since his draft year where he played some excellent footy here for the Ballarat Rebels in the TAC, unfortunately we missed a golden opportunity because I know for a fact we interviewed him multiple times back then. He's actually a Kiwi that was brought up playing Rugby in NZ before shifting here, he actually has a close relative that has played for the All Blacks.

Some of my Rowan Marshall posts from 3 or so years ago
We're talking Rowan Marshall Wayne's-World , he is an elite overhead mark and a beautiful kick, how he never at least got a rookie spot in his draft year was a surprise to me, Since then he's had two good years in the VFL for the Ballarat Roosters, last year played CHF/Ruck this year CHB/Ruck. 199cm and very mobile, strong overhead and a beautiful kick. Don't take my word for it, take a look at video footage I've posted on the previous page, especially his comprehensive AFL video from his draft year at this link. Guarantee you'll like what you see, and I know he tested at the State Combine again last week so there is interest...http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-16/draft-prospect-rowan-marshall
Tom had a good year in the VFL for the Roosters but if I was him I'd get a gig with one of the SA teams, the Roosters being based in Ballarat don't get a lot of VFL coverage compared with the Melbourne based teams. The guy from the Roosters I'd be looking to rookie would be big youngster Rowan Marshall 200+cm Ruck/KPP, still only 20 years old, mobile and a beautiful kick. Invited to the State Combine so there is interest from AFL clubs.
:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guy who posted is a bit of a flog. Seen a rumour of him wanting out of saints a few times in recent weeks. Probably the best we could currently get. Need to invest in a good young ruck though as he'll be cooked in 2 years I reckon... fills a need for now

He's a loose unit that guy, posts a lot of BS and is probably just joining dots since Marshall's name was mentioned in a recent AFL.com article and we had rumours about ROB leaving at the same time.

That’s just a logical fallacy though

FWIW, unless we’re seeing real issues with fitness in training, I’m giving him next year if he wants it

He’s 1 year out from AA and 76 goals. I’m not knee jerking him into retirement unless there’s more info to know

It's not though is it? If someone's contention is that after a certain type of career, a player deserves to make the decision when their time is up, then that is absolute. You've qualified your view based upon 76 goals and AA jumper last year. I think it's foolish to place greater weighting on the previous season than the current season, but you have at least identified some performance aspects that are required to allow the player the right to choose.

Same thing in the end.

It's not though. You're not antivax if you happily accept every vaccine that is relevant to protecting your health but choose to not be COVID vaxxed. Tredrea's risk factor as a healthy 40ish year old was almost zero, surely he's entitled to assess his own risk/reward scenario. At least in a health sense, arguments about losing jobs etc are financial aspects and separate discussions. But he's not anti-vax, he has only ever said that he believed that everyone should make their own decision based on what's best for their own health.

Looks like Jake Soligo has taken over Ned McHenry's regular Tuesday spot on 5aa with Rowey and Timmy.

Make of that what you will.

Back