Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Pies v Lions Fri Aug 18th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 46 44.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Pies will play this game in 3rd gear. Lions should win if serious this year, probably beneficial for Pies to let Brissy finish 2nd as it will just about guarantee a Collingwood v Brisbane GF 😃

Is the MCG sick of Collingwood fans trashing their place? Might have to build their own 100k stadium ;)

Judging by the fact that this year we have the biggest crowds in the history of the game, a 100k stadium may not be big enough.

We play a lot better at Marvel but I'd still rather this game had of been at the MCG.

We've had great support in Melbourne in recent years and with this being 1 v 2 on the ladder this could have easily reached 70k+. Similar match in 2019 versus Richmond had 77,000 which is the highest home and away crowd with 1 interstate team. Totally inept decision by the AFL.

Regardless, a lot more on the line for the Lions as a win almost assures a Top 2 finish. A loss and we'll need other results to finish second.

Lions by 5 in an all-time classic.
The game would easily get 70,000 at the mcg. Collingwood are a much bigger club then Richmond and would smash there 77,000 crowd with ease

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Pies will play this game in 3rd gear. Lions should win if serious this year, probably beneficial for Pies to let Brissy finish 2nd as it will just about guarantee a Collingwood v Brisbane GF 😃
I'm not so sure about that GF projection. Brisbane haven't won a whole lot of Gabba finals against sides not called Richmond over the past few years.

GWS, Bulldogs and Geelong have ended their season up there in knockout finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Pies v Lions Fri Aug 18th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Back