Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Pies v Lions Fri Aug 18th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 46 44.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly would have been a possible week 1 QF rehersal i can not understand the crazyness maddness having it at Marvel.

Its the pits to be honest.

Does not even make sense.

MCG is diserted while we have to play it at Marvel.

Would have got a nice 87k there mcg

Pies get kissed on the dick enough, good to see them have to play in the comic book place.

Sucks for the Lions though, which is great.

I assume you mean because we lose another opportunity to become more comfortable playing at the MCG prior to the finals. If so the greater chance of a win at Marvel and hence a better chance at top 2 trumps more MCG exposure

As a Port supporter I wish this was at the MCG, I think marvel
helps Brisbane. (Obviously wanting Collingwood to win this week). However, have this nagging feeling the Pies will take it slightly easy this week and Brisbane will be out to prove and thus winning by 2-3 goals.

What's the Pies depth like? Is this the first time they've had more than 3 on the injury list this year?
You remember the time when we had zero fit ruckmen on our list? At the same time we had our KPF recruit out too? Geez some people have short memories.

Rest, Rest, Rest.

Any player who has the slightest of niggles, should be rested.
A couple of our older players should be rested.

Playing at Marvel, is different from the G. The ground is hard and we are not desperate for a win this week but we are desperate to not have more injuries.

Let this week go through to the keeper and then all our remaining games are at the G.

We need to play the long game and think risk vs reward.

We cannot win the premiership next Friday but some poor luck on that rock hard ground, can certainly help lose it.

Brisbane by a fair margin (and I am ok with that)
Nailed it.

On top of that, Collingwood’s record at Marvel is terrible - even lost to the Eagles there last year vs Brisbane’s which is almost GABBA levels.

Lions will win this one comfortably. First time I’ve confidently tipped against the Pies this year.

On your home deck, absolutely monstering us, we had no ruckman, and you still couldn’t beat us by 60 last time out, what makes you think you’ll win by 60+ this time?

In saying that, I’m going with Lions by 54 points.
Every game preview thread I tip the Lions by 60+, sometimes I can bask in the glory of being right... and the added bonus is I catch some fishies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies get kissed on the dick enough, good to see them have to play in the comic book place.

Sucks for the Lions though, which is great.
When you say kissed on the dick, do you mean we don’t sell games that we then lose in against GWS?

When you say kissed on the dick, do you mean we don’t sell games that we then lose in against GWS?
When was the last time you played Geelong at half-built stadium?

I love the Alice game btw. Not a huge loss because the "home" game we sell would be at Marvel anyway.

As a Port supporter I wish this was at the MCG, I think marvel
helps Brisbane. (Obviously wanting Collingwood to win this week). However, have this nagging feeling the Pies will take it slightly easy this week and Brisbane will be out to prove and thus winning by 2-3 goals.
A bit like how I hope your mob drops a game too. Massive ramifications from this. Lions better turn up. We always lose these away games.

When was the last time you played Geelong at half-built stadium?

I love the Alice game btw. Not a huge loss because the "home" game we sell would be at Marvel anyway.
Pretty sure we played the same amount of MCG games as each other this year. Would it make you feel better if we played at Kardinia as well?

Pretty sure we played the same amount of MCG games as each other this year. Would it make you feel better if we played at Kardinia as well?
Mate we haven't played a Geelong at the G in the home&away season since Jesus played full-back for Jeruselum.
Yes, actually, it would make me feel better if you had to travel down the highway and play at that shithole as well.
Tell your people to organise it and I'll stop sooking.

Actually the first time we dropped two games in a row we were at full strength, for the season previous to those games we had injuries, including no ruckman for about 4 games for memory.
Just found this from 5 days ago, looks like you've had your fair share.

Games to lost to best 22
1. West Coast195
2. Sydney109
3. Essendon100
4. Carlton98
5. Richmond96
6. GWS Giants94
7. Geelong92
8. St Kilda90
9. Western Bulldogs 78
10. Fremantle77
11. Collingwood63
11. North Melbourne63
13. Gold Coast60
14. Brisbane Lions59
15. Melbourne57
16. Hawthorn54
17. Port Adelaide51
18. Adelaide42

Agree with Eddie. You are locking out 25,000 Collingwood fans and 15,000 old Fitzroy fans from attending the g. Instead you’ll get 45,000 collingwood fans and 500 Brisbane fans at marvel

Didn’t Eddie negotiate the 2 games or whatever it is at marvel lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Pies v Lions Fri Aug 18th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Back