Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 16 - Lions v Demons Fri June 28th 7:40pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demons by a goal or less

• Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 51 79.7%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m shocked Lions by a lot is the leading poll option.

I think what most of you are forgetting is that Melbourne generally have 4 extras on the field ignoring obvious HTB and throw frees against them, while being extra critical in paying them when their opponents do. I don’t expect this match to be umpired any different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's honestly a bit from column a and abit from column b. You guys are slowly getting some stuff right.
Oh, certainly better post-bye, but we shouldn't be pushing anyone other than maybe Richmond (until they get players back) or West Coast for four quarters.
Melbourne really need to be a very different team to avoid getting blown away this week. They are capable of being much better, but THAT much better on the road one week later .... don't see it. Its one of those games that, when scheduled, looked like it might be good but time has taken that gloss away in the build-up.
Even if Melbourne can match it in the middle, Brisbane should have many more avenues to goal. Unless they kick a stretch of 1.10 or something - always a danger.

Hmmm bit worried about Ashcroft coming straight back in without playing a lesser match or three. Seems risky to me.

Hope he gets through unscathed.

An injured player returning through the reserves is more about the pace of the game rather than physicality isn't it? The club has taken a cautious approach with Will's rehabilitation & return time wise, they certainly wouldn't be taking a risk now.

Cant see the Demons kicking enough goals to compete with what the Lions will kick.

Lions 107-72 or close to it IMO.

Melbourne are kicking 72?

An injured player returning through the reserves is more about the pace of the game rather than physicality isn't it? The club has taken a cautious approach with Will's rehabilitation & return time wise, they certainly wouldn't be taking a risk now.
It's about getting back the confidence in your body to physically withstand a game again after being out for so long (and after basically learning to walk/run again). It's easier to do that in a less intense environment.

I hope your club have got this right. Having had an ACL reconstruction myself, the only thing worse than seeing a player suffer an ACL is to see them have a recurrence of the injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 16 - Lions v Demons Fri June 28th 7:40pm AEST (Gabba)

Back