Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - Blues v Port Fri July 26th 7:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 34.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Beat them last time with a 5 day break.

Might wanna revisit your season arc.
Might need to inform your mob with the constant excuses, anyhow.
200 (2).gif
As far as I can tell, Carlton are the only team to be scheduled for a 5 day break all season outside of Thursday matches (where it is unavoidable). The only other scheduled instance is the Bulldogs next Friday (vs Melbourne). Obviously a bit of bad luck this time around to have 4 injuries last week and one in the first quarter tonight too.

But that takes a fair bit away from Port who were very good after half time. Made the adjustments necessary to cover Curnow properly, tackled and pressured a tired opponent and converted their chances down the stretch.

The fixturing is stupid and frustrating in a very close season (mostly because it is so unnecessary - there's a heap of other games that could have been tonight and not required anyone to have a 5 day break), but only one of many AFL stupidities

Essendon Flying in pre-season surely has it covered
Heppel spoke to the players and they're really going to respond.... no truly they are
Stringer the dynamic forward who can move into the midfield and be an explosive clearance beast

every year
As opposed to the constant Ross the Boss media love in thats constantly shoved down our throats ?

It's funny, when your team loses on a Friday night you can't go on bigfooty because carlton trolls like invading team boards and acting like dicks.
When carltons lose on friday night you can't go on bigfooty because chiefyman just turns the servers off lol

Last edited:

TDK is a huge out. It's obviously not as simple as this but they have a winning record with him as solo ruck and a losing record with Pittonet.

Acres was a big blow too, very important to how Carlton setup. Slumping at the pointy end after a powerful mid season run, but they have another month to fix things before finals.
TDK has been getting piss blasted for the last month. The physical rucks exposed him and when you take his jump away he is a one trick pony.

TDK has been getting piss blasted for the last month. The physical rucks exposed him and when you take his jump away he is a one trick pony.
Not sure what games you have been watching the last month - genuinely a bemusing comment. And then to double down with "one-trick pony" when TDK's biggest strength is his work after the hitout is laughable

Losing runners, 5 day breaks, no petrol tickets, no big H, no Sam Docherty this that and the other. It's never had anything to do with these things. I've mentioned it multiple times in blues threads before - simply put you guys do not have anything that resembles a sufficient gameplan, even when results go your way. It's either make it up as you go randomness, or most the time it just reverts to going down the line on the bench side of the ground, kick long and hope for the best. The last grade of footy that should be picking a specific side of the ground to predominantly play is under 14s level.

You guys are either coached poorly, or your players simply do not have the physical or mental ability to execute a plan. Or maybe it's a mixture of both. But it's plain as day obvious to see. Was the same 3 years ago and it's the same today, every time Carlton get the ball in their back half I genuinely have no idea what they're going to do with it in an attempt to move the ball up the ground. Every single elite team for as long as I can remember has always had a distinct pattern which they would execute to a high level. Carlton have 0 system or method. The other very obvious thing is you have a batch of around 10 players who choose to only get involved when you have momentum.

And I feel like the Carlton fanbase fails to grasp this because it's been so long since they've been good that they don't really know what a good system looks like.
Great post

Voss the boss is not a head coaches arseh*le
Will be Carlton’s undoing with this current crop of players

Not even 5 free kicks to CC

The free kick whinge every week.

Sesame Street News GIF by Muppet Wiki

Other teams panic and hang off the leagues most dangerous forward.

could inspire the Blues to victory.
Free kicks are inspiring now?

😂

So we bring in Binns, then what?

He's even lighter than Ollie Hollands, who's been struggling physically most of this season. He would've been ragdolled and probably even less effective. Dow dominated the VFL last year and wasn't much chop when sent into the starting side. Binns isn't physically ready yet and has less of a defensive side than some of our less defensive players. Maybe in a game where we could afford to rest players, but that seems unlikely now.

Surely you reward VFL form and I mean surely. He might not be good enough how do you know? Least he won’t as Cunningham always does..leaves you a man down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you reward VFL form and I mean surely. He might not be good enough how do you know? Least he won’t as Cunningham always does..leaves you a man down
Have you seen Binns play? He is very raw and just isn't defensive enough as a winger. Also needs more body weight, because he'll get pushed off the ball more than Ollie does. If we play a lighter frame like that, every chance he'll get injured given the cutthroat nature of these current games.

We played him vs Geelong if I remember correctly, and didn't really impress at all. Needs more time in the oven.

Cunningham sadly has had incredibly bad luck.

It's funny, when your team loses on a Friday night you can't go on bigfooty because carlton trolls like invading team boards and acting like dicks.
When carltons lose on friday night chiefyman just turn the servers off for a while lol
It's the same on the Richmond board, no other teams fans invade like Carltons try to.

But it's like, congratulations that's your biggest achievement of the last 30 years and counting 🤣

It's funny, when your team loses on a Friday night you can't go on bigfooty because carlton trolls like invading team boards
Report them. Your Moderator will deal with them.

Caton have the best defender in the comp.
The best forward.in the comp.
The best midfielder in the comp.
The best tagger in the comp.

I feel they should be better than they are.

Something just seems amiss with them.
Terrible coach?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Dogs did this in 2021, out of form end of H&A. Fell to fifth. Still made the GF regardless of the result. Can voss deal with it though? Not sure.
They did.

That is a rarity and the GF wasn't pretty

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Port didn't though - looked like they were gone but what an impressive come back win away from home! You must be in admiration of some of the Port players who stood up in that second half?
You’re right, I was impressed with a number of their players. Wines, JHF, and Aliir were standouts to me. Port well and truely outplayed Carlton and had a very well earned win.

Report them. Your Moderator will deal with them.
Few years back you gave me an infraction for calling an umpire a flog so I spammed the absolute **** out of the report button every time I saw that word and I've never been able to report anything since.

Would be pretty handy sometimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - Blues v Port Fri July 26th 7:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Back