Autopsy And we are into another Granny! comprehensive 36 point win over Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Also didn’t help we gave them a big head start. They’re notorious fast starters and were notorious slow starters.
Not sure the start made the difference. As you say, it's their way to start fast and ours not to play the first quarter. By half-time we'd complete eroded their first quarter lead (and probably expended no more, no less energy in doing so that they expended in the first quarter building the lead).

Apart from the injuries we suffered, the other thing that sticks out in my memory from that game is how Harris Andrews controlled the air, especially in the second half. We had plenty of thrusts forward, even late in the game, but he single-handedly blocked most of them.

So to turn the tables next Saturday, one of the things we need to do is reduce his influence. We saw how the team was able to quell (although not eliminate) Aliir's influence on Friday night. Part of that was Parker sitting on him and trying to make him accountable. The other part was that we were allowed, by Port, to move the ball in our manner of choosing and to hit up targets in our forward line, especially after quarter time.

Do that again and we probably win on Saturday, but of course the Lions will apply more pressure on us than an-out-of-ideas and out-of-energy Port did on Friday.

In many ways we'd want a banged up Brissy to scrape through by 4 points given they've had to go the long way.
Neale's already on one leg. Could even fail a test just before this game IMO.
Prophetic!!!

Grundy has liked making a battling ruck look decent at times
What happened to Mr Positive?

Grundy will get up and play really well for the GF!!! Massive competitor against a reserve grade ruck!

Will be sensational!!!

What happened to Mr Positive?

Grundy will get up and play really well for the GF!!! Massive competitor against a reserve grade ruck!

Will be sensational!!!

I think Grundy will be fine , but will still need to work hard

Brisbanes small half forward types mean Mills or Fox if Mills isn't fit has to start imo .

Also at the risk of being shot is Parker's lack of speed an issue and maybe he starts sub? Unless we try him on Andrews ?

Brisbane will be a tough opponent. Their forward line is dangerous.
Can't wait for the match ups though.
JJ on Zorko
Paddlebum on Neale
Harry on Cameron
Think Ah Chee goes to Blakey
Does Rampe go to Rayner?

On paper, Brisbane sort of stress me out

Far out. Feeling it for the first time in a bit
On or off paper, Brisbane stresses me...

I'm thinking 2012 repeat, with the Lions replacing the Hawks!

I reckon the last game against Brisbane that we lost narrowly was the last time we played really well. Our injuries won them that game.

The umpiring was shocking didn't help.

Also we need to watch the Andrews "accidentally " Kneeing someone in the back- did it to danger yesterday , does it every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbanes small half forward types mean Mills or Fox if Mills isn't fit has to start imo .

Also at the risk of being shot is Parker's lack of speed an issue and maybe he starts sub? Unless we try him on Andrews ?
Agree.
Brisbane won't allow Parker to play on Andrews IMO.
Parker as sub I'm not sure on. He did some really good things early against Port that don't come up on the stats sheet.
But as you say, his leg speed is a worry. Hopefully he can spend most of his time deep in the F50.

Pardon the intrusion swan fans. Just wanna say good luck for next week. Always liked the swans (second fav team) so it is good but also sucks we have to play you haha

You’re going to be extremely tough to beat with so many guns in your side…. I still can’t believe we actually made it

Enjoy the week and hopefully for those that are travelling you don’t get too ripped off by the plane companies

All the best 🍻

Pardon the intrusion swan fans. Just wanna say good luck for next week. Always liked the swans (second fav team) so it is good but also sucks we have to play you haha

You’re going to be extremely tough to beat with so many guns in your side…. I still can’t believe we actually made it

Enjoy the week and hopefully for those that are travelling you don’t get too ripped off by the plane companies

All the best 🍻
My sentiments exactly in reverse. All the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy And we are into another Granny! comprehensive 36 point win over Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back