Autopsy Blew our chances against Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to see a tagger or defensive mid next year. Rowbottom, Mills, Gus, Gulden. All have the capacity to be the contested ball winner we were missing this year. Let them

Let McLean, Amartey and McDonald find their grooves. Who works up the ground, who stays deep, who plays decoy. Let them develop as a unit

True - im not against the fact we've kicked poorly at times throughout the year. I'm not entirely convinced by the simplistic argument of 'more goal kicking practice' as the antidote though. Considering we kicked really really well for quite a long streak of games before the last two. Might be a bit more to it than that.

It would help if we lowered the eyes so we aren’t kicking wide to pockets goal kicking is so much easier when they are simple conversions.

Rowbottom was especially poor tonight which you don't say often - 12 touches and only 5 tackles. Thought it should have been the kind of game he'd thrive on. Just wasn't involved much at all

As much as a key defender I feel like we need a small defender who can defend once the ball hits the deck. That REALLY killed us early. Can't say our key defense was anything short of exceptional tonight.
We've still got a number of positions down back to fill I reckon. An elite small defender is one of them. God I miss Smooch.

That side is better than 8th easily imo, maybe I overrated the list

We made a shit season a little less shit.

Not enough experience upforward Mcdonald, Amartey and McLean dont have enough time working as a unit.

Defence was unreal.

Positive we can look forward to Crows supporters thinking their team would of done better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is McKay really that much better than a fit Melican?

Looked so much better once Heeney went in the mids and Parker forward, hope they persevere with it next year.

Really hope Sheldrick is ready next year cause geez we need him.

Fixing the ruck the main issue going into next year
The problem is whether Melican can stay fit. Think we need 7 or 8 KPDs plus Fox given we have so many with question marks over injury or form reliability. We had 7 plus Fox this year and it did not go well.

Yeah our ball movement was absolute garbage in the first half

And late in the game too why are we kicking it to a 2 on 1? Heeney needs a better year next season he wasn’t the only bloke but he had a very poor last two months

We made a s**t season a little less s**t.

Not enough experience upforward Mcdonald, Amartey and McLean dont have enough time working as a unit.

Defence was unreal.

Positive we can look forward to Crows supporters thinking their team would of done better.

yeah I dunno, I get the positives , I really do, but I hate wasted chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back