Unofficial Preview Changes and Discussion - Grand Final Edition v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone else think Collingwood look likely to make a change? The more I read, the more it seems Moore or Reid are going to get a game.

Melbourne were reactive at the selection table. Hope Collingwood are too. Jack and JK are enough to give any match committee nightmares. Get in their heads before the ball is even bounced.

I'm more concerned about Gov than anyone Collingwood select. Can't take injured players into finals (see also: Dusty) :eek:

Melbourne were reactive at the selection table. Hope Collingwood are too. Jack and JK are enough to give any match committee nightmares. Get in their heads before the ball is even bounced.

I'm more concerned about Gov than anyone Collingwood select. Can't take injured players into finals (see also: Dusty) :eek:

Big difference between taking someone who has leg injuries compared to upper body. Dusty couldn’t run or kick the ball as usual. A dud rib can be covered by an injection. Performance will be impacted but nowhere near degree a leg injury will impact.

I've been trying to actively shy away from getting in too deep this week but I can't help it. I'm in.

I want to win so badly it's going to hurt if we don't.
I went to the last GF expecting to win. This time I'm trying to tell myself to just enjoy the experience and if we win that's a bonus.
Nothing like bullshitting to yourself.

Watched the prelim again yesterday, no way Gov has broken ribs. Petracca's knee hits gov just below his hip.

I'm sure it'll still be painful, but no way he will miss. I doubt it will restrict him much either given he will get it injected and he will probably wear a guard under his guernsey as well

The usual ducks n' drakes before game..but looks likely Moore or Reid will get a game.
Re-watched the 1st half of Melbourne game (again)...and it was a masterclass really.
Pies will be different, and will try basically to do the same to us, break us down with intense pressure, skill and run.
Am worried about early injuries on the day..eg- target Gov, JK, Yeo etc..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a different tack; isnt it great to see the filth down the road seething with hatred? Why are they so bitter? Surely they must realise our greatness? If they think it through they will come to realise that worshipping at the altar of The Great Eagle can solve so many of lifes problems. I.E. When will we win another game? ANSWER Probably next week. Why is Lochie Neale leaving the Dockers? ANSWER. Because he hates losing. Whats a trophy room? ANSWER Come this way son! When will the Dockers win a premiership? ANSWER. This cannot be answered as the Great Eagle is not sure of his allocated lifespan. But then i thought it through and do we really want disillusioned broken ex Docker supporters joining our ranks? Theres enough Bi-supporters jumping on board under the guise of support W.A. teams.I reserve a special loathing for such people. Pass the chardy love!

On a different tack; isnt it great to see the filth down the road seething with hatred? Why are they so bitter? Surely they must realise our greatness? If they think it through they will come to realise that worshipping at the altar of The Great Eagle can solve so many of lifes problems. I.E. When will we win another game? ANSWER Probably next week. Why is Lochie Neale leaving the Dockers? ANSWER. Because he hates losing. Whats a trophy room? ANSWER Come this way son! When will the Dockers win a premiership? ANSWER. This cannot be answered as the Great Eagle is not sure of his allocated lifespan. But then i thought it through and do we really want disillusioned broken ex Docker supporters joining our ranks? Theres enough Bi-supporters jumping on board under the guise of support W.A. teams.I reserve a special loathing for such people. Pass the chardy love!
Look sunshine, loathing filt is fine, but arrogant people like us only drink Grange
chardy is so Baldivis

I hope they bring in Moore. An underdone Moore and Howe on one leg. :think:

Just been to training. You'll all be happy to know that howe trained fully, including the match simulation, and is raring to go. Moore and reid are no chance of coming in - Reid in fact played as a forward in the match simulation. Pies have the healthiest list they have had all year at the pointy end. Treloar looks ready to explode after 3 games back - grand final performer written all over him. Gov will get his ribs jabbed and play, his danger is a heavy knock causing the affected ribs to puncture his lung. For those you that remember 1989, Dipper played more than 3 quarters with broken ribs which punctured his lung, and he was carted off to hospital after collapsing immediately post match. A lot will depend on what gov's pain threshold is like - dipper's was extreme, and that's the only thing that got him through

I feel good knowing that we broke the MCG hoodoo against the Pies in Round 17, better prepared this time than 2015, we came up against a side who had been there before while we were very shaky. Darling and Kennedy would be chomping at the bit for redemption. LeCras and Hurn winning a flag would be special after being on one hell of a rollercoaster ride: the 2007 straight sets exit, the wooden spoon, rebuild and 2015 disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back