Changes For Round 19 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange that Madgen got promoted this week and has been named emergency, I fear Moore could be a late out but I hope not.

I forgot was last year or 2 ago but we Promoted a player but did not debut for a Few Weeks.

Going by Rumors Cox is no Certainty

No De Goey is a big problem.

I can't see it being close, Richmond will hold a decent lead for much of the game.

If we were a bit more competitive against Eagles, maybe I'd be more confident.

The biggest test we've had for a while.

Richmond by 30 points.

Even though we are at breaking point with injuries the "system" seems to cover it, for example last week I thought we were gone once Moore was an out (for structural reasons) yet the system seems to cover the injuries.

How is that we can cover Dunn? We didn't against wc and maybe our bogey team and richmond's - wc seem to do well against pressure teams. Apart from that how have we covered for arguably a potential AA FB? (Again structural reasons)

On face value we should rightfully be blown off the park tomorrow but I know we won't, you can see it in the team - they want to hunt and do so with ferocious intent!

On face value we shouldn't even be in the 8 given our injuries - all of them you could argue are key players! The style of play covers for it - you don't need to be a De Goey or a Treloar to cover them or so it seems even more so over that our forwards bat deep and our mids even deeper, deeper than most. We have utility types that can cover roles.

If we are to win we'll beat them at their and our game - pressure. If we can out Collingwood Richmond and not the other way round we'll out transition them with ball or leg speed.

Win, lose or draw, how good does it feel to finally be back in finals contention? It's been a while, but we are actually 1 of the best sides to watch this year.

Exactly. If someone said 12 months ago we would be in this position they would have been laughed at.

I just hope we can sneak in to the top 4 and get some guns back.

Treloar, JDG, Elliott, Aish and possibly Fas if his form permits.

Wish i could get there tomorrow, enjoy the game everyone. Nothing better than 90k at the G.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez it sucks DeGoey is out.
We're missing our best tall defender in Dunn, our equally best midfielder in Treloar, and our best forward/mid in DeGoey.

Imagine you took Rance, Cotchin and Caddy out of Richmonds team tomorrow.

Chances are, we'd smash them.

Please bless us oh great football Gods over August and September. Thou shalt not have injury.

I would rate Grundy as our most important player. Cox structurally. But would anyone else say the other MVP is Howe? Given other outs including Dunn, he potently is our last line of Er, defence?

Hope you dont mind. My bet is Astbury on Cox, grimes will take WHE if he is forward. WHE has speed and a under estimated great lead up mark, those type trouble vlaustin.

Vlaustin will take that young kid stephenson and try to get in his head and pressure him all day.

Our other 3 will just try to intercept/support and create offensive run.

Sorry about degoey btw, spewing him and AT are not playing. Would have loved to play you and beat you with those in, just to shut my mates up :p
If quick lead up forwards trouble Vlaustin he probably isn't the man for Stephensen either.

I find it strange that Madgen got promoted this week and has been named emergency, I fear Moore could be a late out but I hope not.
He wouldn't have been promoted if he wasn't going to named as an emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back