Prediction Changes for the Power(puff girls)

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe harsh , but thats the reality of being on an AFL list.

If you don't or can't improve every year and address your weaknesses then you run the risk of being overtaken in the pecking order.

Ainsworth is going to get better as a player....... Hutch is not .... he has plateaued and he sits squarely in that bracket of player that is best described as mediocre.
That may all be true. But currently, I reckon Hutchings is still ahead in that pecking order.

Jokes aside Hutch is a solid and dire trier but he is not the solution to our midfield going forward.
I'm not sure that any single player is "the solution". That doesn't mean he shouldn't play again.

Should be a good litmus test against port (as Simmo says). We shouldn't make any unforced changes hopefully won't need to. Here's for Darling and Kennedy to stop butting heads lol.

Masto free to play

Fair risk playing Ryder this week. Tough opponents and a hard ground.

I'm happy with optus being seen as this boogyman oval that will hurt any star players that come here. Happy for teams to play it safe.

Should leak photos of a cricket roller driving around it

Port probably has the most dangerous forward line we have played to date in terms of talls. If Jetta is out it wouldnt be the worst call to bring in Schofield to cover their third tall, and let sheppard play on gray as he has in the past.

Petch should definitely be backed in again, as we did with venables and rioli. Would be great to see ah chee in but think we need to let him build a couple more weeks, as tempting as it would be to let him play vs his old side.

Masten also free to play so just the one change for me:

In: Schofield
Out: Jetta

Port probably has the most dangerous forward line we have played to date in terms of talls. If Jetta is out it wouldnt be the worst call to bring in Schofield to cover their third tall, and let sheppard play on gray as he has in the past.

Petch should definitely be backed in again, as we did with venables and rioli. Would be great to see ah chee in but think we need to let him build a couple more weeks, as tempting as it would be to let him play vs his old side.

Masten also free to play so just the one change for me:

In: Schofield
Out: Jetta

What talls - Dixon/Watts and ??

I know Westhoff drift forward and ryder will at times, but at most they have 3.

I'd back Hurn against Watts if required and Gov and Barrass to take two Dixon/Ryder/Hoff

What talls - Dixon/Watts and ??

I know Westhoff drift forward and ryder will at times, but at most they have 3.

I'd back Hurn against Watts if required and Gov and Barrass to take two Dixon/Ryder/Hoff

I was thinking Dixon, Hoff, Watts and am assuming Todd Marshall comes back from Concussion. Port was rolling with 3 talls and Watts until marshall got injured. And they seem to rate him so wouldnt be surprised if he came back

Port have done their home work against us apparently. So what , our game is built on a zone defence that requires precise kicking to beat .
Do port have that ? Not really they have quite a few butchers .
Guys who can cut us up are grey ( shep's bitch ) , gaymish fartlett (injured) wingard ( injured and allergic to tackling) impey ( traded to hawks ) .

Port wont even get a training run on optus oval

Port have done their home work against us apparently. So what , our game is built on a zone defence that requires precise kicking to beat .
Do port have that ? Not really they have quite a few butchers .
Guys who can cut us up are grey ( shep's bitch ) , gaymish fartlett (injured) wingard ( injured and allergic to tackling) impey ( traded to hawks ) .

Port wont even get a training run on optus oval
Nah they delisted him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't there talk he was a winger?

He was the top clearance mid at the champs last year so there's no doubt he plays an inside game. My guess is that they are working on his outside game so he can contribute at AFL level earlier (and also just to make him a more well rounded mid). Personally I'm not super impressed by his kicking nor his pace. If he is a genuine clearance winning mid though I'm optimistic for the future.

Kennedy needs some more rest for mine and I really want Allen to have a crack to see if he has what it takes.

Out - Kennedy and Jetta (only if injured)
In - M.Allen and Watson

Unless Kennedy is legitimately sore he will keep playing. He did look at tad short of a run last game as if he was blowing harder than usual.

Allen or Brander?

Would rather bring one of them in instead of Schofield.

With Jetta out Watson could be a good in. He plays a bit taller than his size and can also rebound.

Watson could handle a Motlop or a Watts size and has very good closing speed.

Bring in Nelson for Petro and play Cole as a fast defensive forward. Cole would get 20 touches Id say.

Keep introducing the youth, it really adds some energy to the side.

Last edited:
Kennedy needs some more rest for mine and I really want Allen to have a crack to see if he has what it takes.

I think he needs match fitness and touch a lot more than rest right now.

Unless Kennedy is legitimately sore he will keep playing. He did look at tad short of a run last game as if he was blowing harder than usual.

Allen or Brander?

Would rather bring one of them in instead of Schofield.

With Jetta out Watson could be a good in. He plays a bit taller than his size and can also rebound.

Watson could handle a Motlop or a Watts size and has very good closing speed.

Bring in Nelson for Petro and play Cole as a fast defensive forward. Cole would get 20 touches Id say.

Keep introducing the youth, it really adds some energy to the side.
I'd go with Allen on this occasion, he got 5 on the weekend and has been on the list longer. Lets see what the lad can do and give him a taste.

Agree with the rest:thumbsu:

Really...You think it's match fitness?
He looks very sore to me. Doesn't have his normal agility or explosiveness (relative to his size of course)
I would think it worth considering resting JK against GWS and save the flying. Agree he has looked a little off peak during games

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes for the Power(puff girls)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back