Preview Changes - Rd 18 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time to give Thilthorpe a week off? Most of the other first years around the comp have been managed at some point.
Unforgivable to make our young franchise forward half of our marking options with Billy as the other half.

Throw him a fricken bone here.

Add Walker, Lynch, Fog and McAdam next week and I reckon Thilthorpe will look refreshed

Well Nicksy, you said that we embarrassed ourselves. I imagine that would mean multiple unforced changes this week.

Careful what you wish for. Watch us rush back Brown instead of putting him in for surgery.

Out: Doedee Sloane Frampton Mackay

In: Himmelberg Fogarty Hately Worrell

Sub: Davis (yep, again - means he has the ‘chance’ to show his stuff without a player who’ll actually be on the list next year missing a game)

Next in line: Gollant & Cook

Unforgivable to make our young franchise forward half of our marking options with Billy as the other half.

Throw him a fricken bone here.

Add Walker, Lynch, Fog and McAdam next week and I reckon Thilthorpe will look refreshed
Maybe not McAdam, I'd throw Cook or Gollant a debut.

I'd be surprised if Billy gets dropped off 17 touches..... Even if it was the worst 17 touch game in the history of our club.

It's just not how we roll.

So many of our players aren’t going to make it

Frampton Davis Rowe Mchenry

question marks Murphy

as a minimum
I still think McHenry has a future, he's had a reasonable year to this point.

Not going to star mind you.

Murphy is good enough, consistency an issue.

Rowey needs a spell, it's Cook time.

Davis and Frampton agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would persist with Frampton and Butts in defense with Murray up forward.

Thilthorpe needs a rest
Forward we should have Murray, FOG, Gollant/Cook and Newchurch. Rowe can go play SANFL with McHenry.
Sloane can go and have some surgery with Berry and Pedlar in the centre

Out: Rowe, McHenry, Sloane, Thilthorpe
In: FOG, Gollant, Newchurch, Lynch

Imagine if Fog got 17 posessions in a game, he'd kick 9 goals.

In no way am I suggesting Billy stays in the side

Or 1 because he'd need to be put in the midfield to get to that point.

Mind you, that Fog has a future at this level.

Can't believe people suggesting Ned to be dropped

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's certainly on his way to becoming this boards whipping boy post Mackay.

Its very unjust too, the kid is having a good season, and certainly has a place among our best 22 going forward as a role player.

If Walker isn't fit, and he probably won't be then I'm alright with Lynch playing.

Need Fogarty to have a good day too.

I wouldn't be against an actual forwardline next week.

Lynch - Walker - Murphy/McAdam
Fogarty - Thilthorpe - Berry/McHenry

McAdam rotating through as well if he plays well in the SANFL. One of the few who can actually take a grab and has the attributes to be an AFL player.

The above may not be all in form but at least have the capacity to kick more than two goals a game.

Surely after signing McAsey for two years we have to play him now? Otherwise what is the point. If Tex is still out I would 100% play him forward in front of Frampton and Himmelberg.

Also the midfield MUST be changed. Get Sloane out, Laird to a back flank, and use Keays sparingly. Give Berry 60% in the midfield and Schoenberg should be there as often as his tank allows.

I got the feeling that Tex won't come up for this week. On 5aa last night they said that he still is getting nerve pain down his arm

Out
Frampton
Mackay
Doedee (inj)
Murphy - I just don't see it with him. Just the next in the line of honest triers we worship. Kicked half our goals mind you...
Rowe - has some ability but I'm worried it's not enough. Is a good SANFL player the ceiling? Admittedly tough to judge our forwards with minimal F50 entries but I'm not sure the upside is there to persist

Kelly won't get dropped and does ok defensively but I just cannot stand him. So limited in terms of skill. A handbrake on the team. Yells stupid bullshit at his team mates after making errors himself and trash talks the opposition even when we're getting destroyed. I wish I could list him as an out. I hope he gets traded

In
Fogarty
Lynch
Worrell - Doedee out gives us a perfect chance to give him a proper go
Cook
Gollant (maybe McAdam if he shows something in the SANFL today)

F Thilthorpe Fogarty McHenry
HF Sloane Lynch Berry
C Sholl Keays Seedsman
HB Smith Murray Hamill
B Jones Butts Worrell
1R O'Brien Laird Schoenberg
INT Pedlar Kelly Cook Gollant (or McAdam)
Sub Davis

I'm fully aware that Murphy and Mackay won't be dropped but I can dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back