Preview Changes: Round 12 v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched replay of the SANFL game vs North today. I actually felt Poholke and Doedee were worth a shot at AFL level - both have got something. Seems the entire side was terrible today though against the Bays - including Cheney (or did he get injured?).
I'd definitely replace Poholke for Mackay. He's got more of an afl body at his age than Mackay ever will. I doubt he'll get pushed around as easily as Mackay does. We've got enough runners in the side we need more players that will stand up in the contest.
Out: Mackay
In; Poholke

I'd definitely replace Poholke for Mackay. He's got more of an afl body at his age than Mackay ever will. I doubt he'll get pushed around as easily as Mackay does. We've got enough runners in the side we need more players that will stand up in the contest.
Out: Mackay
In; Poholke
I saw him play this weekend (on tv) and he looks really composed and strong in the contest. More of that pls

Looking forward to your pathetic back flip when we regain form. You'll be leaping on the band wagon as per usual.

Then you'll be secretly hoping we fail so you can jump up and down about how clever you were, and can get back into your confused rant about rebuilding.

Don't you have something better to do than chase my posting around BF? Maybe you have some beans to count, or a spreadsheet to play with?
Oh dear... I know when you start potting what you think I do for work, you're really upset. Dole bludger, bean counter... you spray your guesses around wider than a Texan set shot from 30...

Seems.your sack situation is similar to many of our players.

Maybe but he still an upgrade on Mackay IMO.

Yes he is but looking at the game on the weekend which will be more like finals than any other game , the only players out of the side ATM when fit should be Gov , Cheney , ROB , Beech and even Thommo as we are as soft as butter and get knocked off the ball too easy.

I'm sick of soft arse performances forget trying to blood youngsters who don't have body strength this year we are still a chance to challenge but need to play hard bodies if the weekend didn't teach us that nothing will

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I want to keep the faith in Atkins. Early last year he looked as tho he was turning it around and performing in bigger games. His performances in round 3 and 4 against Sydney and Hawthorn were very, very good. However, since then he has reverted back to his 2015 elim final in recent big games.

I have confidence he can turn himself into a big game player, as he has actually shown glimpses before. However, he needs to turn it around quickly.

Yes he is but looking at the game on the weekend which will be more like finals than any other game , the only players out of the side ATM when fit should be Gov , Cheney , ROB , Beech and even Thommo as we are as soft as butter and get knocked off the ball too easy.

I'm sick of soft arse performances forget trying to blood youngsters who don't have body strength this year we are still a chance to challenge but need to play hard bodies if the weekend didn't teach us that nothing will

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agreed. Though most of the board will disagree with me on this I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Thommo for the next time we play Geelong or any other tough inside MF team. Sure we will lose some speed and 2 way running but none of that does us any good if we can't get our hands on the pill.
IMO it's worth a shot next time vs Geelong......What's the worst that can happen? We lose to them again? The last thing I want to see next time we play them for us to go in unchanged with the same strategy; it's just rinse and repeat. It's time to wake up Don.
The other 2 changes I'd like to see is Beech and/or maybe Poholke to replace Mackay and maybe Atkins if he doesn't pick his game up.

Why would it be better? I thought the SANFL was a stronger comp or is it the special rules applied and biased umpiring against the Crows.
I know it's a weird mix of afl rookies and amature league top ups.
Either that or having a reserves SANFL side with no rules on who we can play.

That makes no sense to the SANFL and nor should it, they aren't there to make the Crows or Port better, that's not their job. We need to do what's best for us and having 4 6'4 giants in a forwardline including a guy who is a ruckman by definition is not that.

OUT:
Mackay, Milera & Hartigan
IN:
Wigg, Knight & Cheney
Cheney pulled a string, he won't be playing. You mention useless possessions and have Wigg as an inclusion, do you watch the SANFL ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is lever hurt? AFL site says he'll have ankle scans?

Either way that's not great news.
He ran off limping in the last quarter, like bolted off. He's a tough bloke is Jake.

I believe he said he was right to come back on if the game was there to be won. If he misses it would be a big blow.

Good question however the sanfl players done themselves no favours

A good win against the bays with strong performances from Beech, Cheney, Gallucci, Poholke, Menzel and Knight would have least put pressure back on the coaches

Mate, I rarely question the umpiring but honestly that Bays v Crows game was the most biased one I have watched on TV since the reserves side started. It was nothing more than blatant cheating by the maggots. Our blokes had no chance of getting any sort of a run going after 1/4 time. Lokan goes to the maggots and whines and pisses in their ear, suddenly the Crows can't buy a free kick. 11-2 the Crows way in the first 1/4 because we playing the better and had earnt them. Then for the next 3/4 we got screwed over by the S***heads. Sickened me. Beech, Gallucci, Poholke and Knight had their moments while Menzel was poor. Doedee is the one who needs to come in. Cheney is unfit and got hurt again. Keath is another one who should be promoted. We have to get some bigger bodies and fresh legs into the seniors. Paul Hunter and ROB also are travelling better than Sauce and Walker ATM.

Was impressed by Hunter.

Until he kicked it.

Doedee is the one who needs to come in.

For the last couple of weeks I have wondered with Doedee is whether he would be a perfect fit for a defensive mid that can keep guys like Joel Selwood etc quiet.

Even if he's not I would still rather the club actually tries it rather than just "back in our midfielders to win the contest"

For the last couple of weeks I have wondered with Doedee is whether he would be a perfect fit for a defensive mid that can keep guys like Joel Selwood etc quiet.

Even if he's not I would still rather the club actually tries it rather than just "back in our midfielders to win the contest"

Not sure he would have the tank to do it.

First of all, I try not to comment straight after a Loss to piss off. I normally wait until I have watched the games 2-3 times with no volume.
Crows played Shit, But I also notice that Friday's game was the best game Geelong Played all year.
Not interested in a massive turnover of players, and to be Honest, not interested in reading most of the negative crap that seems to pop up under several differant titles.

But no matter how many time I watched the Game
MacKay needs to play SANFL.
Walker needs to lift and not just for the Saints game, he needs to set him himself to play top football for the next 4 to 5 games.
Don't believe we can Play Finals football with Otten and JJ in the same forward line, one has to go for me its Otten as JJ will kick more goals
Kelly and Hartigan make too many critical mistakes and Smith needs some help.

So Changes
MacKay out for Gallucci/Knight anyone would be OK
Otten out for Beech, But I believe it will be Lever out injured so Otten down back. That will free up CC and Milera more to roam. Rather than playing small defensive forwards to counteract the slow talls we have.
Kelly one more week, the SANFL players did not set the world on Fire or demand a spot.

Either that or having a reserves SANFL side with no rules on who we can play.

That makes no sense to the SANFL and nor should it, they aren't there to make the Crows or Port better, that's not their job. We need to do what's best for us and having 4 6'4 giants in a forwardline including a guy who is a ruckman by definition is not that.

That is absolutely their job given what we're paying them and the amount of AFL funds they get.

In before Marty tells us that he was bad on the weekend and beaten by an SANFL teenager on debut, with no regard if his making our best players for 5 out of his last 7 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: Round 12 v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back