Preview Changes round 9 vs West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

We will miss him short term but we might unearth a player that surpasses him whilst he is out.

He was always destined to be a stopgap Petrenko type until a better option presents.
Murphy not only out this week but for two months.

Contrary to popular opinion, (which is the wrong opinion ) we will miss him.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why I'm sure David will be in heavy consideration for the pressure forward role along small squirts in the midfield?
Might need to redraft Reilly Knight in mid season draft.

Or Matt Wright.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

We will miss him short term but we might unearth a player that surpasses him whilst he is out.

He was always destined to be a stopgap Petrenko type until a better option presents.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Who are we recruiting? Because seriously there is no potential better option on the list.

Might need to redraft Reilly Knight in mid season draft.

Or Matt Wright.

This isn't out of the realm of possibility. Wright is in great form and still only 30 years old, and before his form dipped with us was one of the smartest forwards we had. Had 4 goals and 8 tackles against Sturt. Probably doesn't have the pace anymore but capable of impacting the scoreboard still.

This isn't out of the realm of possibility. Wright is in great form and still only 30 years old, and before his form dipped with us was one of the smartest forwards we had. Had 4 goals and 8 tackles against Sturt. Probably doesn't have the pace anymore but capable of impacting the scoreboard still.
We’d be robbing SANFL to pay AFL

I’m sorry but lycetts tackle
Was just dirty pathetic from him. Also sort of
Sad that port made such a big deal
Beating us considering where we finished last year. We never spent 1 min of thought on port in 2017

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not just the tackle.

but then to continue to lie on the little fella and grind him into the ground.

Lycett is a piece of shit

Didn't realise he was only 30.

+

+

Blokes --- the Crows need key mids, above all.
The list is clogged with "key" forwards and defenders and both would flourish with fast, strong, skillful mids, running both ways, providing help in defence and better delivery forward.
Mids.
Agree with this.

I would love to see a bit more of Murray getting time up forward!
What I don’t get is why we tried him up there in the AFL (can understand that) yet we put Borlase up there in the SANFL and not Murray.

I'm a little concerned about TT. From the Crows' website, you'd think that everything is fine: after all, "he returned to the field and played the game out". However, he was injured!

Shouldn't they be displaying due diligence and doing scans this week? Would not a weakened ligament be asking for trouble if they keep on playing him? In this particular season, why not give him a precautionary rest from both competitions until there is firm evidence that no further problems should occur?

I wondered the same - intuitively seems like it would increase ACL risk. Anyone with medical background able to weigh in on this?

Didnt find much conclusive online - this study was specifically female but suggests 4-6x more likely than men. Not sure we can get much meaning from that? Curious how that changes over time - not sure that ligaments repair do they?

).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a little concerned about TT. From the Crows' website, you'd think that everything is fine: after all, "he returned to the field and played the game out". However, he was injured!

Shouldn't they be displaying due diligence and doing scans this week? Would not a weakened ligament be asking for trouble if they keep on playing him? In this particular season, why not give him a precautionary rest from both competitions until there is firm evidence that no further problems should occur?
Absolutely this. We have west coast in perth this week. Why not pull Thilthorpe and give him a week off to just rest it and have all the medical treatment he needs just to be on the safe side. Bring in murray or frampton to play his role this week. In the big picture this game means very little but looking after Thilthorpe is crucial

Absolutely this. We have west coast in perth this week. Why not pull Thilthorpe and give him a week off to just rest it and have all the medical treatment he needs just to be on the safe side. Bring in murray or frampton to play his role this week. In the big picture this game means very little but looking after Thilthorpe is crucial
Agree, sending him out there with a bandaged up knee...

*Shudder*

Yeah I agree except I would look to have a smaller forward line, we also need to sort the backline out this week. Can't play undersized defenders against Kennedy, Darling, Allen & their resting ruck...

Yeah I agree except I would look to have a smaller forward line, we also need to sort the backline out this week. Can't play undersized defenders against Kennedy, Darling, Allen & their resting ruck...
might be better to then take a Frampton or better, Murray to play the Thilthorpe role. Then if needed, he could swing back into defense. I think this is the week for McAsey to come in as he has not been too bad at local level and I know its a big ask to play the eagles over there. But I would tell him that he is going to get a good block of games from now so just go out and play your game as best you can and you never know, it could be the start of something good for him

Rest Walker and Thilthorpe and replace them with no tall forwards. Go in with Fogarty and Himmelberg up there. Bring Hately back to replace Fogarty's midfield rotation.

Surround that with Rowe, Berry, McAdam and some resting mids. McAdam was crap in the SANFL but you basically have to bring him in.

Down back, drop Mackay for Jones. Bring McAsey in for one of the tall forwards to fix our talls mix.

Smith or Hamill can play further up the ground to bring in Worrell. We can also experiment swinging McAsey or Worrell forward at times just for the hell of it.

I'd probably drop Kelly as well but there is no way he will be dropped for the next 5 years

Out: Murphy, McHenry, Walker, Thilthorpe, Mackay
In: McAdam, Hately, McAsey, Worrell, Jones

B Brown - Butts - Doedee
HB Hamill - McAsey - Jones
C Sholl - Sloane - Smith
HF Schoenberg - Himmelberg - Berry
F McAdam - Fogarty - Rowe
R O'Brien - Keays - Laird

I Hately - Seedsman - Worrell - Kelly

Sub: Mackay

Thilthorpe and McHenry straight back in when available

Remove this Banner Ad