FB: McAsey, Butts, Brown
HB: Smith, Doedee, Hamil
C: Sholl, Keays, Seed
HF: Schoenberg , Thilthorpe, Sloane
FF: Rowe, Tex, Murray
Ruck: Obrien, Fogarty, Laird

INT: Berry, Kelly, Worrall, Hately

SUB: MacKay

Fog would be very lucky to stay in the tram he needs to get more of the ball if he wants to play midfield

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not after yesterday’s putrid effort. He was afraid of making body contact. He may be quick and flashy but is not doing those team things at the moment.

At about 2min 5sec of the youtube highlights package, he just stops while the ball is still live. Not a big deal at this stage of his development, but shows he has a lot to learn. Play to the whistle Tariek!

At about 2min 5sec of the youtube highlights package, he just stops while the ball is still live. Not a big deal at this stage of his development, but shows he has a lot to learn. Play to the whistle Tariek!

Highlights are interesting... Borlase looks good forward (from a 3 minute highlight clip which is dangerous!)

I would love to see a bit more of Murray getting time up forward!
We have enough young key forwards... but we could do with another key defender!

We have young key forwards, but only TT appears to have a future at AFL level. Fogarty, Berg & Billy all appear headed for the scrapheap, sooner rather than later.

I wouldn't even consider getting another key defender unless this amazing player just happened to be there in the 4th round. We're well-stocked with prospects for a year or two. Talia, and then Butts, Worrell, McAsey, Borlase and Murray. If anything, it's too many (especially when we refuse to play two key backs)

Key forwards could certainly be worth our time to get more of them. Can draw a line through Frampton. Himmelberg is also getting to that point. Fogarty looks like he'll end up a third tall with how we're pushing him. I wouldn't use a 1st on it, but project key forward in the 2nd/3rd round however might be the go or just a lot of begging to the AFL for us to keep access to Keeler.

+
We have young key forwards, but only TT appears to have a future at AFL level. Fogarty, Berg & Billy all appear headed for the scrapheap, sooner rather than later.
+
I wouldn't even consider getting another key defender unless this amazing player just happened to be there in the 4th round. We're well-stocked with prospects for a year or two. Talia, and then Butts, Worrell, McAsey, Borlase and Murray. If anything, it's too many (especially when we refuse to play two key backs)

Key forwards could certainly be worth our time to get more of them. Can draw a line through Frampton. Himmelberg is also getting to that point. Fogarty looks like he'll end up a third tall with how we're pushing him. I wouldn't use a 1st on it, but project key forward in the 2nd/3rd round however might be the go or just a lot of begging to the AFL for us to keep access to Keeler.
Blokes --- the Crows need key mids, above all.
The list is clogged with "key" forwards and defenders and both would flourish with fast, strong, skillful mids, running both ways, providing help in defence and better delivery forward.
Mids.

+

+

The list is clogged with "key" forwards and defenders and both would flourish with fast, strong, skillful mids, running both ways, providing help in defence and better delivery forward.
Mids.

Yup the number 1 need is midfielders, however that's not our whole draft. It's definitely our first round (and maybe early 2nd) depending on how things shake out though.

Beyond that, outside mid could do with a prospect, key forwards could do with a prospect. I wouldn't be against dipping our toes for a small forward again. Rucks is another which needs a project player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup the number 1 need is midfielders, however that's not our whole draft. It's definitely our first round (and maybe early 2nd) depending on how things shake out though.

Beyond that, outside mid could do with a prospect, key forwards could do with a prospect. I wouldn't be against dipping our toes for a small forward again. Rucks is another which needs a project player.
Id be hapoy giving up a second for Callum coleman jones.

But I want the best mid available with every other pick and wouldnt care if they traded next years pick for a top 10 pick this year to grab two top 10 mids this year..

If we come bottom three this year ther might be a club with a pick between 6-10 that could gamble on us being bottom four again next year.. never know..

That coild net us two very good young mid prospects in this draft

I wasn't talking about recruiting, rather the current team.

We already have too many tall forwards in the side, so pointless adding Murray as a forward too... yet we are only playing 1 tall defender so play him in defence.

+

+

Mids.
I wasn't taking about recruiting, rather playing Murray as a defender rather than a forward.

Agree recruiting midfielders is the priority.

We know you write off young players way too early!

Just shut up mate, honestly - your dislike for Fog is really grating at this point and you appear to be doing it to trigger people. Berg and Frampton no chance at AFL level I agree.

Have a look around the league and check out where the players in the best teams have come from. All home grown from the local footy club? All drafted and stayed on until they hit their straps? Tell me which teams have done this?

Most teams have brought in talent from other clubs AFTER they have developed.

Over the next couple of years we should be aiming to:
  • bring in another low pick from the draft, midfielder in the top 4 picks
  • develop as much as we can from our existing list - that is role players AND be happy when we find some diamonds
  • bring some top end talent in as free-agents / trades. Sure Luko and Rankine would be nice, but I don't care if it's Player A and Player B - they just need to be players that walk straight into our setup and add quality.
We just need to expose what we have and find out which players on our current list are capable. They don't all have to be superstars. For every McLeod there is a Thiessen, for every Hart there is an Eccles.

With this in mind. We must keep playing Fogarty, we must play Jones, we must pay McAsey, we must play Pedlar. I want to see what Newchurch and Borlase and O'Connor and Davis and Hately and Cook and Worrell and Murray and Gollant have in their kit bags at AFL level.

I don't care which ones, I don't care about our structures being perfect. Sure we need to be setup to compete, no good having 5 tall forwards or 5 smallish back men ... but perfection is unattainable for the best of 'em (which we are not).

I wouldn't be against dipping our toes for a small forward again. Rucks is another which needs a project player.
Our choices for small forwards have not been great in the past (Betts aside), am thinking Gallucci/Stengle. Still not convinced that Rowe and/or MacAdam will make it. I like tough Murphy, always have and he will be missed, but even Murphy is not going to be that evasive, magically-crumbing sharpshooter that the Crows need.
Ruck --- am worried about RoB's awful form so, yes, another ruckman (who can tap to mids and kick), definitely.

200.gif

Murphy out is great opportunity for a kid to establish themselves over a 2 month period
Why I'm sure David will be in heavy consideration for the pressure forward role along small squirts in the midfield?

I’m sorry but lycetts tackle
Was just dirty pathetic from him. Also sort of
Sad that port made such a big deal
Beating us considering where we finished last year. We never spent 1 min of thought on port in 2017

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes round 9 vs West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back