Preview Changes round 9 vs West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

We better not bring in Frampton to replace Walker.

Perfect opportunity to put Fogarty at full forward

Frampton can replace Himmelberg if we want him in.

If ROB has another shocker, I'd drop him for the Richmond game and let Billy ruck (with support from Himm and/or TT). He's been destroyed by some pretty average ruckmen this year.

Should be resting TT as well.. noticed that in the training photos on the clubs facebook page today his knee is still strapped.

Why strap a knee that is 100% fine?.. you wouldnt.

So its not 100%.. so rest him.

Absolutely pointless playing the lad if he is carrying a sore knee. Rest him, get him back to 100% and take zero risks. We aint contending for a finals spot ffs.

Why fly him all the way over to play him on the notoriously hard Optus stadium surface?

Vader you’ve been firm, consistent and public in your views that Fogarty (1) has underperformed in his career to date and (2) is not likely to make it as a player at AFL level...please tell me if you believe that’s a misrepresentation of your opinion. To be fair your view is strongly validated by the evidence (i.e. results) to date and what’s more it’s great that you’ve got and are willing to robustly defend those views...it’s what this place is for.

The question I’d like to ask you is what you’d need to see from Fogarty (this week, this season, in the remainder of his career) for you to change your mind on that position?

Vader you’ve been firm, consistent and public in your views that Fogarty (1) has underperformed in his career to date and (2) is not likely to make it as a player at AFL level...please tell me if you believe that’s a misrepresentation of your opinion. To be fair your view is strongly validated by the evidence (i.e. results) to date and what’s more it’s great that you’ve got and are willing to robustly defend those views...it’s what this place is for.

The question I’d like to ask you is what you’d need to see from Fogarty (this week, this season, in the remainder of his career) for you to change your mind on that position?
He’d need fog to cough up the coin for a new pet dog to replace Vader’s...

I'm not going to change my mind over 1 game. He kicked 5 goals against the Weagles in 2019, which turned out to be nothing more than a mirage. As things currently stand, he'd be one of the leading members of West Coast's equivalent to the Callum Chambers Club.

I want to see him getting involved - making it to contests regularly, and actually competing. That's the main thing. I want to see him busting his gut, and having more than his usual 6-8 disposals when playing as a forward.

... then I want to see him do it consistently.

Should be resting TT as well.. noticed that in the training photos on the clubs facebook page today his knee is still strapped.

Absolutely pointless playing the lad if he is carrying a sore knee. Rest him, get him back to 100% and take zero risks. We aint contending for a finals spot ffs.

Why fly him all the way over to play him on the notoriously hard Optus stadium surface?
They may well do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do teams get released tonight? Squads for Sunday’s? Or was afl announcement for next week beginning.

tex out and no key forward in to replace him please. Give Fog the keys for a week and see how he goes.

6pm Saturday

Why do people around here take an issue with Vader's opinions of Fogarty? He's an elite set shot kicker, can play as a lead up forward, generally a classy ball user and he brings a bit of a mongrel to the contest. He also doesn't find enough of the footy, doesn't really provide a contested marking option, isn't all that quick or agile, and doesn't impact the game for 4 quarters. Could be related to fitness, maybe he just doesn't have the instincts. Where is the lie in these statements?

If we can snag an elite fitness coach, rumours swirling around Burgo, I'll be interested to see what we can get out of Fogarty. Definitely still has some time to turn it around. I wouldn't be lumping any shit on anyone for not being optimistic though.

Do teams get released tonight? Squads for Sunday’s? Or was afl announcement for next week beginning.

tex out and no key forward in to replace him please. Give Fog the keys for a week and see how he goes.
Starts from R10

So let's say Walker, Murphy, McHenry out.... RT with strapping on the knee at training so he shouldn't play.....

Anyone here play forward during their careers ?? Might be half a shot.

So let's say Walker, Murphy, McHenry out.... RT with strapping on the knee at training so he shouldn't play.....

Anyone here play forward during their careers ?? Might be half a shot.

I disagree. Play RT, a great opportunity to be the number 1 forward for a week.

Pretty much any sports physio or physician will tell you strapping joints is >90% psychological. If you rest players with strapping Butters would never have debuted.

Just on this, i was talking to a sports physio yesterday about this very thing. Preventative strapping has been proven to be effective in reducing injury (30% less incidence of injury in strapped athletes vs unstrapped) It's even effective if you've never been injured in the area being strapped.

He said in the 90s preventative strapping was more prevalent, no real reason why its less popular now even though its still effective. Player comfort maybe?

Also said that there's been no proven effect in weakening control muscles if you get preventative strapping (something i always thought may be the reason why strapping is avoided unless required).

He did say that once a player has been injured, physio's will be hot on strapping a player for 6-12months even after the injury has healed.

So there is still a very valid reason to strap any area that is fine.

Just on this, i was talking to a sports physio yesterday about this very thing. Preventative strapping has been proven to be effective in reducing injury (30% less incidence of injury in strapped athletes vs unstrapped) It's even effective if you've never been injured in the area being strapped.

He said in the 90s preventative strapping was more prevalent, no real reason why its less popular now even though its still effective. Player comfort maybe?

Also said that there's been no proven effect in weakening control muscles if you get preventative strapping (something i always thought may be the reason why strapping is avoided unless required).

He did say that once a player has been injured, physio's will be hot on strapping a player for 6-12months even after the injury has healed.

So there is still a very valid reason to strap any area that is fine.
All players have (or at least used to) ankles strapped before the game back in the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes round 9 vs West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back