Changes vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys pull your heads in. We are getting way ahead of ourselves. Just because they have a few out doesn't mean they can't cause an upset. I'm happy to just get the win.

They have Ryder, Zaharakis, Fletcher, Stanton, Monfries, Crameri all out of their side.

Thats arguably 6 of their 8 best players out.

Yeah guys seriously STFU. This board has a terrible record of cockiness coming back to bite us in the arse. Settle and let's just do what we've gotta do.

Because a couple of football nerds on a forum site will determine the outcome of the match. Way too many people believe in "the football gods" and karma.

I don't see anything wrong with making a prediction that has a lot of merit.

I saw Essendon v Sydney earlier this year, Sydney smashed em early in the game with strong contested footy before the last quarter when bombers started to win clearances, I think this is where we will win it as well esp as now Stanton, zaharakis and Morefrees are not there for the run and carry. I hope I'm right !

I think a lot of supporters are still gun shy after 2010/11 we are a different team/club nowadays Sando should have them grounded and not ahead of themselves

We should win comfortably but if I could take a one point win now I would.
Moves us ahead of the hawks and in outright second. The dons still have quality in their side and are not to be underestimated...

I don't think we can beat Coll or Haw that's the thing. I don't think we're at the stage where we can demand 100 point wins against any side, let alone a top 8 side. And yes on paper we should easily account for them, but games aren't played on paper. As long as we keep winning we'll get top 2 and that's all we should be aiming for, not guaranteeing 10 goal + wins.

I don't think we can beat Coll or Haw that's the thing. I don't think we're at the stage where we can demand 100 point wins against any side, let alone a top 8 side. And yes on paper we should easily account for them, but games aren't played on paper. As long as we keep winning we'll get top 2 and that's all we should be aiming for, not guaranteeing 10 goal + wins.

Who's demanding anything? we're saying we think we'll win by 10+ goals. Whoopty doo! if they don't they don't, if they do they do. Even if they lose I won't be the one on here going into meltdown.

Crows by 72 :thumbsu:

I think full strength we are more then capable of beating hawthorn and collingwood. Last night showed that hawthorns backline is suspect especially against big KPFs (Tippett walker Jenkins) When the opposition midfield gets on top and collingwood don't have alot outside there star studded midfield.

As a top 4 side we should give them a nice touch up but history is fraught with upsets like could possibly occur tomorrow evening. I would rather just concentrate on the 4 points. The margin will work itself out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a top 4 side we should give them a nice touch up but history is fraught with upsets like could possibly occur tomorrow evening. I would rather just concentrate on the 4 points. The margin will work itself out.

Why would you "just concentrate on the 4 points"? You're not playing!

Surely you have an opinion if we will win or lose and by how much.

Why would you "just concentrate on the 4 points"? You're not playing!

Surely you have an opinion if we will win or lose and by how much.

I think we will win and thats what I meant by concentrating on the 4 points. Just hoping for a win. As for how much I have no idea. Depends on how well we play. Could be 12 points could be 42. I really have no idea.

Don't care about the margin, just want a consistent contested effort for the full game, with Callinan, Petrenko and Johncock finding some form. If that means a 3 goal win or a 10 goal win I don't care.

No point in getting all chubbed up if we win by 10 goals if Essendon don't turn up and we don't get a decent run.

Time to prime for an assault on the flag. None of this "I don't want to play X team there, I hope we get X team here".

Don't care about the margin, just want a consistent contested effort for the full game, with Callinan, Petrenko and Johncock finding some form. If that means a 3 goal win or a 10 goal win I don't care.

No point in getting all chubbed up if we win by 10 goals if Essendon don't turn up and we don't get a decent run.

Time to prime for an assault on the flag. None of this "I don't want to play X team there, I hope we get X team here".

****ing this

I do find it a bit odd that they announce their late outs the day before. Why not announce it when the team sheets get handed in?

100 points no, but a comfortable win should certainly be par for us considering the status of both sides. This 'a win is a win' mentality is best left to the likes of Fremantle and Richmond. We should be looking for steady improvement towards premiership winning football not focusing on scraping wins in the hope that top 2 home finals will be enough. Top 2 is meaningless without the flag.

I think a lot of supporters are still gun shy after 2010/11 we are a different team/club nowadays Sando should have them grounded and not ahead of themselves
I am very much gun shy but we are not playing Geelong or Collingwood or Hawthorn here. We are playing a bombers side that was never very good to begin with, is shit ****ed confidence wise and has a lot of players out. And at home. And the bombers can't travel for shit. 2006 - beat them by 138 points. 2009 EF - 97 points. If we don't win by at least 40 points tomorrow we are ****ed. That is just the cold hard truth. If we want to be a good strong finals team we have to put the ordinary sides to the bloody sword.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back