Changes vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Riley a great battler but very similar to Pets that good attack on ball and player but lacking a lot in skills .
Saw him be best for Sturt against bloods so has real go but do not see him as a player need at finals time when all need to lift another level with skills etc.
Again dont understand why Lynch over looked and think Lyon only needs a couple more big games to get back in.
How far away is Henderson

Is Essendon's injury list completely wrong. I was under the impression half their team was out, but they have the two less players on the official list then we do.

Stanton and Monfries aren't on this list, so I'm going to take it with a grain of salt.

Essendon is in complete PR damage control over their string of soft tissue injuries which continue to grow every week. Stanton is out with a hamstring strain, but officially he's just sore and not on the injury list.

Pleased Symes is out. Let him injure Centrals players from now on.

Sturt will lose by 100+ tonight without Riley... oh, and Tambling.

Jenkins gets the nod ahead of McKernan. Pretty telling selection. Don't mind the look of McKernan long term but you'd think this spells the end of his 2012, injuries to Jacobs/Jenkins aside.

Riley a great battler but very similar to Pets that good attack on ball and player but lacking a lot in skills .
Saw him be best for Sturt against bloods so has real go but do not see him as a player need at finals time when all need to lift another level with skills etc.
Again dont understand why Lynch over looked and think Lyon only needs a couple more big games to get back in.
How far away is Henderson
That's just not the case ......i suggest you have a closer look

There's a history of players without sublime skills who have been critical to their teams succes .......how about Sydneys Kirk, Hawthorns Sewell, Sydney's Kieren Jack, Damien Hardwick ....

What's the common denominator .....hardness at the ball, setting the tone for the team

Now far from not having skills ....Riley has a wonderful sidestep that is a key to his clearances and a great vision to setup players with handball that few would see.
That said his issues have been his fitness, attacking game and spread from the contest ....we'll see Sunday whether he has improved

Happy with all these changes. Gotta give Tambling a couple of games to decide whether he's worth keeping. I really hope one day he'll just twig and show what's really got.

Great to see Riley in as well.
It appears:
1. There's an audition process for a few players atm for listing next year (Otten, L.Thompson, Tambling, Riley)
2. A need to expose some players to AFL pressure in case we have injuries during the finals

Just watched Rileys SANFL highlights from last week ....have a look and I'm sure you'll agree this kid has talent ;)

Good to see Tambling get a go. Not sure if he has a future but I like how the club has given all these types of players a go to show their wares, so they can make better informed decisions at seasons end.
I quite like Riley & think he has a good future at the club. He reminds me of Bickley with his attack on the footy and the man. In the few games he got last last year, I thought he got into lots of good spots. Unfortunately guys playing there first few games, it sometimes looks like 'rabbit in the spotlight' where he had a few fumbles. But I feel if given a dozen games in the AFL, he would hopefully be showing signs of the things he is doing at the Blues this year.
Shaw in for Thomo is understandable & great to have The Big Sauce back, it showed last week he is the key to going anywhere in the finals.
Don't these late Sunday games suck, it feels like the weekend is over before your team has even played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tambling and Symes both currently fill the same void for mine - depth players (albeit ones we paid too much for...) who can both earn a spot due to their strengths, but who aren't likely to be playing when we have our best 22 available.

Symes out, Tambling in. No net loss there, and at least Tambling has a higher ceiling!

Well picked :p
Tambo is replacing DMac, not Symes.

Geez, they are ******. This could potentially repeat the game from 2006, and I'm absolutely serious is saying that.
They must have at least half of their best 22 out. Hope for a percentage booster here.

Their "imposing" back line of Slattery, Hardingham, Baguely, Hooker, Carlisle and Dempsey. Walker should have a field day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back