Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If I remember correctly didn't Wright give away 2 goal assists last night? Yes Lyons can play forward but too much competition for spots there for him.

With Us playing 3 talls and 2 genuine smalls in Charlie & Betts the last small forward needs to be more of a midfield / forward type that can impact the contest either forward or through the midfield, with this in mind I would go with a Lyon or in form Grigg ahead of Wright

Now I also would not have an issue in sending Crouch back to the sanfl for some game time instead of dropping Wright but to say Wright was enormous last night is really pumping it up, yes he played his role however he was far from enormous

With Us playing 3 talls and 2 genuine smalls in Charlie & Betts the last small forward needs to be more of a midfield / forward type that can impact the contest either forward or through the midfield, with this in mind I would go with a Lyon or in form Grigg ahead of Wright

Now I also would not have an issue in sending Crouch back to the sanfl for some game time instead of dropping Wright but to say Wright was enormous last night is really pumping it up, yes he played his role however he was far from enormous
I agree probably went too far there but his pressure was good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brent Reilly & Jarred petrenko won't be back after tonight's march.

They were very poor and almost looked disinterested.

Lyons deserves a go.

Maybe Lyons in

Crouch Jn out

Hopefully Lyons isn't sub as that would then be pointless in selecting him.

Brent Reilly & Jarred petrenko won't be back after tonight's march.

They were very poor and almost looked disinterested.

Lyons deserves a go.

Maybe Lyons in

Crouch Jn out

Hopefully Lyons isn't sub as that would then be pointless in selecting him.

Crouch has much better intensity than Lyons. Did i read that Lyon only laid 1 tackle tonight in the reserves? Needs to improve that. Amazing tackling last night showed what it does!

Crouch is a tackling machine! Should stay IMO

Crouch has much better intensity than Lyons. Did i read that Lyon only laid 1 tackle tonight in the reserves? Needs to improve that. Amazing tackling last night showed what it does!

Fine - don't pick him. I don't give a shit.

Doesn't kick goals - kicks goals
Doesn't find the ball - found the ball
Excuse not to pick him number 4578 - doesn't tackle.

Get stuffed. I'm over the bullshit this board comesup with at times over why some players should never get dropped and some players should never get picked.

Don't worry, I'm sure when he has a perfect game, you will find some reason not to pick him.

It's an important point you raise Lyon, Radar and Otto laid four tackles between them and I have been critical of Otto and Lyon for some time now

IMO I'm not so concerned about Lyon however Otto, Porpy and Radar have statistically been amongst our worse tacklers for the past couple of seasons and we just can't afford to any passengers in any aspect of our game

Get stuffed. I'm over the bullshit this board comesup with at times over why some players should never get dropped and some players should never get picked.

Don't worry, I'm sure when he has a perfect game, you will find some reason not to pick him.

Love the rant

I like seeing a different kind of stat line for Lyons.

He gets criticised on here for being an exlusively inside player.

So then he plays a game whe he takes a ton of marks around the ground and kicks 3 goals.

And now apparently he can't tackle. :p

Next week, it will be something different.

Can not pick him, can not kick on his right foot.
Can not pick him, can not kick a 3 pointer with his right foot blind folded after spinning around 4 times. Jump through that hoop - I bet ya can not.

Love the rant

It's always something why he shouldn't get picked.

He needs to kick a goal of the side padding using the white ball without hitting the green or black ball on his right foot. After he can do that, he will get selected.......maybe.

I

I love this, everyone on this board was complaining that too many of his disposals are clearances and that he needs more ball around the ground. Lyons then has 10 marks and only 3 clearances of 34 disposals but of course he can't tackle despite the 6 he laid last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back