Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fine - don't pick him. I don't give a shit.

Doesn't kick goals - kicks goals
Doesn't find the ball - found the ball
Excuse not to pick him number 4578 - doesn't tackle.

Get stuffed. I'm over the bullshit this board comesup with at times over why some players should never get dropped and some players should never get picked.

Don't worry, I'm sure when he has a perfect game, you will find some reason not to pick him.

Wow. alex, why do you have to go off like this all the time? I just raised a point as to why he won't (maybe shouldnt?) be picked.

I wish he was in the team. I've been saying there's a very good footballer in Lyons for some time now. Go and check my posts from 2012 about him

I just think Crouch has a bit more upside at this stage and would hate to see Crouch be dropped for him

After our performance last night, tackling must be one of the highest priorities and Crouch brings that. Lyons can tackle, and is a clearance machine. But he needs to show some will to tackle. 34 touches is great, but if you're only going 1 way......

Just relax and discuss the point rather than flying off the handle......

It's always something why he shouldn't get picked.

He needs to kick a goal of the side padding using the white ball without hitting the green or black ball on his right foot. After he can do that, he will get selected.......maybe.

Mate I mean this in the nicest way

You seem to forget at times that this is a Internet forum which thrives on debate, discussions and people having a difference in opinion

It's not always about wrong or right

Brent Reilly & Jarred petrenko won't be back after tonight's march.

They were very poor and almost looked disinterested.

Lyons deserves a go.

Maybe Lyons in

Crouch Jn out

Hopefully Lyons isn't sub as that would then be pointless in selecting him.

Given that the two potatoes in Reilly and Pets were dropped for the Crows biggest and best win of the season, probably no surprise to see them doing what they do best, nothing.

I

I love this, everyone on this board was complaining that too many of his disposals are clearances and that he needs more ball around the ground. Lyons then has 10 marks and only 3 clearances of 34 disposals but of course he can't tackle despite the 6 he laid last week.

Not to mention his lack of hit outs.

I think there will be a little proof in the pudding when Pig Dog plays a few games ( I know he debuts this week) with the Dees. Then we will be able to see that sometimes strong SANFL form would translate to AFL

Fine - don't pick him. I don't give a shit.

Doesn't kick goals - kicks goals
Doesn't find the ball - found the ball
Excuse not to pick him number 4578 - doesn't tackle.

Get stuffed. I'm over the bullshit this board comesup with at times over why some players should never get dropped and some players should never get picked.

Don't worry, I'm sure when he has a perfect game, you will find some reason not to pick him.

Probably that it will be for another AFL side against us, and we can't pick him anymore.

Wow. alex, why do you have to go off lie this all the time? I just raised a point as to why he won't (maybe shouldnt?) be picked.

I wish he was in the team. I've been saying there's a very good footballer in Lyons for some time now. Go and check my posts from 2012 about him

I just think Crouch has a bit more upside at this stage and would hate to see Crouch be dropped for him

After our performance last night, tackling must be one of the highest priorities and Crouch brings that.

Just relax and discuss the point rather than flying off the handle......

Instead of making bullshit points - why not just say you would prefer he wasn't selected in front of Crouch Jn?

But you made some lame excuse as to his tackling and intensity.

It

Mate I mean this in the nicest way

You seem to forget at times that this is a Internet forum which thrives on debate, discussions and people having a difference in opinion

It's not always about wrong or right

Why not post what they actually mean?

Say - no, crouch Jn deserves to be in the side instead of person x.

But no, it's a bull shit excuse that they didn't product that game. Tonight - intensity and tackling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not post what they actually mean?

Say - no, crouch Jn deserves to be in the side instead of person x.

But no, it's a bull shit excuse that they didn't product that game. Tonight - intensity and tackling

To me it's not a bullshit excuse

Glenn made some valid points, over the past two seasons we have been knee of the worse tackling sides in the comp which has translated into losses however with the introduction of players like Betts, M Crouch and now Charlie Cameron we have players which a natural instinctive tacklers and this then becomes infectious and ripples through the side....

With this in mind I'm with Glenn I want to preserve what we produced last night however I also believe that Lyon deserves his chance

Jeez, I missed that bit. I hoped they at least had a blanket over the umps head, kids shouldn't see that

Motor car came on the ground and drove him off, it was the most softest of contact the Sydney players head made with the back of the umpire. Emergency umpire rolled up.

Instead of making bullshit points - why not just say you would prefer he wasn't selected in front of Crouch Jn?

But you made some lame excuse as to his tackling and intensity.

It

I shouldn't have to. And you just fly off the handle a lot for not lot of reasoning. I don't want to turn this into a "pick on alex" situation. So lets just leave it at that and finish with:

Lyons instead of Wright.... i could live with that. Lyons deserves a proper shot at it, but if we continue to play like we did last night, he'll have to have a few blinders to get a look in

Alex is right though - Lyons has never had an issue with tackling; he's always smashed in and laid plenty of them.

Another might where he's a dominant performer, but, for a rare occasion, doesn't lay a ton of tackles - all of a sudden, that's a reason not to pick him.

No player is perfect, no player plays a flawless game every week.

Why the hell are we expecting Lyons to?

Tough call this week.

For me Lyons in for Crouch, Wright as the sub.

I don't have an issue with Crouch, but he could work on his disposal. He's a ball magnet, don't get me wrong but I think we have to reward Lyons who's clearly in form. Unless he's said he's going home at the end of the year in which case make him the drinks boy.

And please, people, forget this 'doesn't deserved to be dropped,' or 'we had a good one, so reward the team and go unchanged,' - that's the mentality of an also ran.

How many premiership teams have dropped players on the verge of prelims and grand finals in recent years?

It's rarely because the player deserves to be dropped - it's because the successful teams are ruthless about playing their best side. If we had someone outside of the side who will improve us as a team, then bring him in - regardless of whether someone deserved to be dropped or not.

Would be ok to stay with the same side, In saying that though, If any changes could be made I would give Crouch a game in the reserves, Put Wright as the sub for a week, And give Lyons a go for a full game.

Also was hoping for a bit more out of Otto in the game tonight, But it appears it may be best to just leave the defence alone unless Sando doesn't think Truck will match up well with Carlton, If that is the case maybe throw Otto in and he should step up at AFL level.

He needs to be well managed though otherwise he may struggle to get through the season

That's what Harper or noble (don't take too much notice) we're saying on aa on Wednesday or Thursday arvo. Can't recall exactly because I'm still working at the time, but he did mention the term match-ups. I took it mean that tails and hartigan are the first 2 talls picked and truck will be selected based on structure. Think there was also reference to managing throughout the year as you mention above. I could have gotten it wrong as my main focus is generally work.

Crouch has much better intensity than Lyons. Did i read that Lyon only laid 1 tackle tonight in the reserves? Needs to improve that. Amazing tackling last night showed what it does!

Crouch is a tackling machine! Should stay IMO

Of course if you're at a stoppage and end up with the pill, you generally don't have much of an opportunity to tackle. He had a lot of it, would certainly be interested as to whether he missed many tackles. That could be what's keeping him out, but you would need to be looking at more than just stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back