Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

We reverted to that in the last quarter .... And it was working!!

imagine that!

it's wet weather footy and keeping the ball moving forward at all costs works! instead Ken wants to rewrite footy in the wet and go slow, possession and wait for the third short option.

I'm saddened by what I saw.

I'm sorry, but did most of you miss the Magpies game? That was by far the worst game of footy i've ever seen. A part from maybe Lienert and Trengove no one who took the field at Kadina deserves an AFL call up.
Wasn't even the worst game of the day. At least the Maggies had a good 3rd quarter with the wind. The AFL game was 100% pure trash.

imagine that!

it's wet weather footy and keeping the ball moving forward at all costs works! instead Ken wants to rewrite footy in the wet and go slow, possession and wait for the third short option.

I'm saddened by what I saw.
Sometimes I think ( hope) that we are just developing Gameplan B this year for those teams that manage to set up down back to neuter our run and carry..

And then when in the finals we switch back to God Mode and play on at all costs.
I know we were trying that in the last quarter ( regardless of the score beforehand )because part of playing on at all costs is soccering the groundballs forward ... as we were doing..if we had kicked straight we woukd have beaten them.

Simple question for Ken:

What did they do to so comprehensively stuff up plan B?

Will you learn from it ?

Ps the main attribute to have in players when in Game plan A playing on at all costs is to be able to soccer like run into the gaps to receive meaning leaving defensive zones

Whilst talking of player attributes..
I still believe the stat that should be counted is the ability to beat your man.. (Like Wangas could be counted on doing )

Wasn't even the worst game of the day. At least the Maggies had a good 3rd quarter with the wind. The AFL game was 100% pure trash.
Disagree. The SANFL was much worse, basically non competitive for most of it against a side that hadn't won a game for the year. At least Freo have chalked up a couple decent wins this year. 10 goals to nothing in the last quarter, really set the tone for the day, it was at that point i realised something was wrong with this squad.

The Magpies got done by 10 goals to a side that has not won a single game this year and we are looking to call up 5 or 6 players from there. Honestly, this is coming from the same people that only a couple days ago proclaimed that this was a totally different port team and there was no way we were going to drop a game against Freo.

I need to give myself a break from this board, it's doing my head in.

The Magpies got done by 10 goals to a side that has not won a single game this year and we are looking to call up 5 or 6 players from there. Honestly, this is coming from the same people that only a couple days ago proclaimed that this was a totally different port team and there was no way we were going to drop a game against Freo.

I need to give myself a break from this board, it's doing my head in.

Frampton has his moments by that is a forced change through injury.
Farrel as the traveling Emergency didn’t play.
Lienert was our best and is ready.
Trengove shouldn’t have been dropped in the first place and was ok.

Maybe bring in AJ if’s Gray misses a week, but again that would be a forced change.

The AFL side performance was pathetic and that’s ok the back of poor games against Carlton and the saints - need to make changes.

I think this is the week to play Frampton on Simpson. At worst we have a nil all draw in the ruck and helps keep some kind of structure. But I've just wasted a minute of my life thinking about this because it wont happen.
Trengrove, Lienert and Farrell all get strongly considered.

Amon must be dropped and placed in the Toumpas selection policy box.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is only 1 or max 2 changes. At least one is forced with Paddy. If Amon plays then I'm better off staying home and punching myself in the balls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amon out, Farrell in.
Bonner out (inj), Pittard in.
Ryder out, Frampton in (no alternative).
R Gray out, Trengove in.

Yes there is no alternative, but we know that won't stop Hinkley paying Westhoff and Dixon in the ruck. The argument now will be it's too important a time to blood a new ruck. Well it may be but bravery is what wins you flags. Not sure about the Amon out, Farrell in. Amon did kick OOF twice under little or no pressure and burnt the ball on other occasions but so did a lot of others. When it starts it runs through the team and he got a good bit of the ball. Farrell's had a few good games but hasn't knocked the door down for an AFL call-up.
I'd definitely agree with Pittard, our defence has been good but with Jonas out we're short on someone who can spread the ball so we can attack from our backline. And Trengove should never have been out. Even though he may have been found out in pace at Optus it was ultimately bad passing and fumbling that found us out. Trengove had 21 disposals at 81% against Carlton, 15 at 93.8% against the Saints, he could have kept us a bit cleaner in those attacks that looked to have goal written all over them and then collapsed on the back of an undershot or overshot pass.
The trouble is selection often seems to go on raw stats and when Ken sees Amon's he sees 6th most disposals, 5th best DE%, 2nd most clearances and 4th most tackles. The fact that there were no inside fifties and a lot of his possessions went to the advantage of opposition players should be looked at. What is important is how damaging was he and I would say not at all.

Disagree. The SANFL was much worse, basically non competitive for most of it against a side that hadn't won a game for the year. At least Freo have chalked up a couple decent wins this year. 10 goals to nothing in the last quarter, really set the tone for the day, it was at that point i realised something was wrong with this squad.
Badly butchering the 1st quarter with the wind cost us dearly. The wind was such a huge factor that I knew even though we were winning at 3 quarter time that we were stuffed. Also the fact the SANFL side is full of short people with 1 tall guy at each end of the ground is a horrible structure.

Just would like to mention that Farrell didn't even play in the SANFL game since he was travelling emergency so he should be free of criticism.

he picked the right week to be travelling emergency. only player who didn't play in a shambles.

Just would like to mention that Farrell didn't even play in the SANFL game since he was travelling emergency so he should be free of criticism.

It took me a couple of minutes to realise why Farrell looked to be balder than I remembered. ;)

And isn't it weird, Marshall wore Broadbent's number yesterday and promptly stuffed his ankle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back