Changes vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Would this be our strongest lineup for the year so far?

I reckon so!

Wow, now we can push to just miss the 8 and achieve our goal of perfect resonance with the worst of both worlds, by missing finals and lowering our draft picks!
I'd probably go with the R2 team, which smashed Richmond. This is probably the 2nd best team we've had available this year.

Our team looks better on paper but we are still missing four of our best twelve players, including two of our best three forwards. Riley Knight is a best 22 player but less influential than the others (a bit like Le Cras for you).

Our main problem is that half our team lacks match fitness, in addition to (hopefully) the four returning players Walker, Matty Crouch, Greenwood and Seedsman (if he plays) are all well below peak fitness.
I am always quietly confident because in there somewhere hidden away is a good team. Maybe the team that we are going to put out this week wouldn't have taken us to the GF last year, but it was certainly capable of playing much, much better than we have for the last 4 weeks. The effort and basics just haven't been there. Skills and decision making from good players have been shocking. We will always be limited by the quality of say the bottom 6 in our team and the injuries/conditioning that we are carrying into the game. But any week now I am expecting us to turn around our effort. We beat Richmond and Sydney on these qualities. We didnt have the players on those games either, but we put in the required effort, things went our way and we won. Its hard for me to say with a straight face, but I honestly think the same players that played in the last few weeks could put in an effort that would beat you this week. They are capable of it. Haven't seen it for so long its hard to see us turn it around so quickly, but I can't help believe that its there. Hopefully your injuries are just what we need to kick start us back into a bit of form.
I think in fairness you wont see the best of Adelaide this weekend or for any part of the remainder of the year for that matter. Players coming back having just missed a game or two, in some cases months. It will take time for them to get back into the groove and the team to gel together.

Our 2018 season was derailed a long time go to be honest. Probably since the 2017 GF.
Continuity is what the crows need.

Cheers for the responses.

Even though quite a lot on here have closed up shop on 2018, I'm still damn worried about this game. You're practically playing for your season here, while we're missing the source of 30-40% of our goals and a third key back to cover JJ/Lynch/Tex.

I'm really not confident about this one, and I'm a usually an endless optimist. Hopefully it'll be a cracking game (with us winning of course ;)).

The effort and basics just haven't been there. Skills and decision making from good players have been shocking. We will always be limited by the quality of say the bottom 6 in our team and the injuries/conditioning that we are carrying into the game. But any week now I am expecting us to turn around our effort.
I love your optimism and I am similarly hopeful :thumbsu: :).
However, the realist in me (along with your comments in bold italics, above) says that:
--- the majority of the players who've played the last 4 weeks are very low in confidence, and
--- Sloane, Laird, Lynch and Brown will be lacking match fitness which gives players a harder, more resilient edge beyond training fitness.
When Tex returned, he looked underdone and has been pretty much ineffective. Also, it might take a few weeks for Sloane, Lynch and Laird to get back their very good two-way running.

I love your optimism and I am similarly hopeful :thumbsu: :).
However, the realist in me (along with your comments in bold italics, above) says that:
--- the majority of the players who've played the last 4 weeks are very low in confidence, and
--- Sloane, Laird, Lynch and Brown will be lacking match fitness which gives players a harder, more resilient edge beyond training fitness.
When Tex returned, he looked underdone and has been pretty much ineffective. Also, it might take a few weeks for Sloane, Lynch and Laird to get back their very good two-way running.
#mountainofwork

So assuming the 4 guys return we will have...

In - Sloane, Lynch, Laird, Brown.
Out - Gibson, Otten, Poholke, Cheney

Why no love for THE FOG?

With McLovin injured, THE FOG is ranked above Otten on the #Vaderlist which says we bring in THE FOG. He was looking a bit tired a few weeks ago but with a week in the Twos and a week off he should be cherry ripe.
#Jacklist

I hope you're right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that it will be:

In: Fogarty, Sloane, Brown, Laird, Lynch
Out: Otten, Poholke, Betts, Gibson, Cheney

I think that we rate Fogarty highly and want him in more often than not and I think that the coaches want our best to play together as much as they can.
Wilson?

Possible, either instead of Poholke or put CEY back after a bit of a spell. Most Rooks this year have had a couple of games though.
I suspect that's been more out of necessity than design. It's very hard to justify retaining a 2nd game rookie, who had just 5 disposals in his debut game, when there are 4 senior players available for selection (plus Fogarty).

I suspect that's been more out of necessity than design. It's very hard to justify retaining a 2nd game rookie, who had just 5 disposals in his debut game, when there are 4 senior players available for selection (plus Fogarty).
Yeah, I was just covering because I forgot about him :)

I'm no fan of giving a guy 1 game then casting him aside, hence giving him 1 more week especially at home.

Yet again, when clearly we shouldn't be. But it's the market that decides the betting price. Why are so many punters still thinking we'll win?
I reckon we'll win

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back