List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm it is an interesting one, I would have to agree and want something extra coming back (whether a pick or fringe player like Sheldrick).

If TB is valued as a late first we would essentially be giving 1 early first and 1 late first for Warner. We could ask for their first back which would basically be TB for pick 18 and Warner for pick 3 in isolation.

Gotta think in 3 years time when we are starting to look good, Warner will be a top mid hitting his prime and TB will be 31 with an already crook back.

I understand the want to keep loading up at the draft before TAS but 23 year old elite midfielders don’t choose to come back to WA very often. If he stays at Sydney we can try again later but would hate to lose him to Freo if we had a chance to land him. They can have Baker, Bolton etc
We have a top 3 pick, thats too much for Warner as a 1 for 1. I'd rather the pick tbh.

TB is worth more to us than a late first too.

Remember Warner looks good with elite mids around him, he won't have that with us

The Baker talk makes me nervous.
The worry is Eagles have always been determined to get the deal done no matter what the cost if a player chooses us.

Hoping with the new list manager we will have a bit more steel in our negotiations.
The only way I’d even consider splitting our pick is if we get their second back

Mega 4 way trade
Swans
Out:Warner,
In: pick 3, Dockers F1

Richmond
Out: Baker, P22
In: pick 12

Dockers
Out: P7, P12, F1
In: Warner, WC F3

Eagles
Out: 3, F3
In: P7, Baker, P22

We go to the draft with 7,22,23,59

Dockers probably need something else from somewhere. Maybe a f3 back from Swans but if they want Warner for a flag tilt they may have to pay up or risk competing against us next year with free agency and our salary space.
Yuk. Richmond getting huge overs for Baker, we get unders for our stuff

Pick 3 for Warner is not overs. Clubs with pick 3 hope to get a player as good as Warner in a few years. Previous pick 3s include Xavier Ellis, Masten, Stephen Hill, Dom Tyson. And yes, it also includes Judd, Martin and Angus Brayshaw. If you can take pick 3 and turn it into a gun without the development or speculation, you do it.

The worry is Eagles have always been determined to get the deal done no matter what the cost if a player chooses us.

Hoping with the new list manager we will have a bit more steel in our negotiations.
The only way I’d even consider splitting our pick is if we get their second back

Mega 4 way trade
Swans

Richmond

Dockers

Eagles

Dockers probably need something else from somewhere. Maybe a f3 back from Swans but if they want Warner for a flag tilt they may have to pay up or risk competing against us next year with free agency and our salary space.
Nup, just go to the draft

We have a top 3 pick, thats too much for Warner as a 1 for 1. I'd rather the pick tbh.

TB is worth more to us than a late first too.

Remember Warner looks good with elite mids around him, he won't have that with us

We’re in such a precarious situation…Tasmania is only around the corner. Every pick we make needs to stick, Clarke has some pressure!

Right now I am 50:50 with some of the kids and if they will make it. If TB is asking for more cash and trade is forthcoming I would hope to get a pick inside the 10.

Otherwise he is better served playing out for us.

Waterman also, if he can R1 then let him go. We are stacked for talls and sooner or later I like to really see Jack Williams and Archer Reid come in and play forward 50 consistently.

Not to mention we have Hutchinson, Maric in the wings too.

Last edited:
Oh great another week coming up of everyone turning their backs to the house on fire and accepting the mediocrity of a pathetic performance.

Even if we get Baker, he’ll be in his late 30’s and retired before we get a sniff of finals again. The lack of future vision in the Eagles list management has stuffed this club.

Cue to the vitriol from the naive, deluded sheep. We are a mess.

Oh great another week coming up of everyone turning their backs to the house on fire and accepting the mediocrity of a pathetic performance.

Even if we get Baker, he’ll be in his late 30’s and retired before we get a sniff of finals again. The lack of future vision in the Eagles list management has stuffed this club.

Cue to the vitriol from the naive, deluded sheep. We are a mess.

We have years of pain ahead as Yeo and Gov out shows us our future.

Cripps cooked, Kelly playing like he couldn’t give a toss, Cole crap, Witho bang average, Jones/Luke Edwards bang below average, BW, Petrol LOL……..

Chesser/trew unlikely.

Mega 4 way trade
Swans

Richmond

Dockers

Eagles

After today, no way we do Baker as both him and us realise the complete basket case we are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who rucks in his place? Flynn's barely played since he came into the system. Injury prone big time.
Somebody mentioned Knobel from Freo as a potential Meek-type lead ruckman. Somebody like that should be gettable.

Just give me Tobie Travaglia and Xavier Lindsay as half backs that can both go into the midfield.

Both look elite in the role and would be immediate upgrades in what we currently have
and be best 22 players
If we can split our 1R or F1 and get these two then Mraz or O’Farrell with our 2R I’d take it and run to the hills.

This Baker talk is a total joke.

For me the following are done:

LEdwards
Trew
Witherden
Gaff
Rotham
JJ
Baker
Sheed (pay out)
Darling (pay out)

The following are close but could still earn another year:

Burgiel
Rawlinson
Culley

Trade bait:

Cole
BWilliams
Baker played a very exciting WAFL game last week, he and Dewar should play in the seniors the rest of the year as they both add pace and verve. He might not be up to it, like Trew, but he deserves a chance to prove it either way.

Whether we like it or not the tim English thang may need to happen. BW is just bogg average, Barnett hasn't come on (pick 23 **** me), Livingstone developing, Flynn always injured.

I would pay English the money, trade BW for whatever we can get - an early third rounder.

Cumming needs to be offered overs.

Get a PP and use them on baker and Carrol.

Trade F1 for dogs battle compo pick 5 and second rounder.

This list needs churning quickly.

In English, Cummings, baker, Carrol.

Pick 2, 5, 23, dogs 2nd, BW 3rd round pick.

I am just exasperated with the state of play. Haven't even read what I am suggesting.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Baker played a very exciting WAFL game last week, he and Dewar should play in the seniors the rest of the year as they both add pace and verve. He might not be up to it, like Trew, but he deserves a chance to prove it either way.

agree his WAFL game was decent but he will have to keep it up for the rest of the year to push for another year

Simmo hinted at 10 list changes, I've listed 9 and an additional 3 so take your pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back