List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
As unscientific as it is, reading the comments on the board of the player’s existing club is a better way of getting an idea of their role and importance than the views of the receiving club’s supporters.

Overall they seem pretty happy that he’s leaving. Not Rotham leaving via FA happy, but happy all the same.
Yeah this is always the biggest red flag for me. At a worse team as well :/.

As unscientific as it is, reading the comments on the board of the player’s existing club is a better way of getting an idea of their role and importance than the views of the receiving club’s supporters.

Overall they seem pretty happy that he’s leaving. Not Rotham leaving via FA happy, but happy all the same.
Have you visited some of the other boards on this site? :eyes:

This performance is an example of how basic stats can be misleading. Malakai was super impactful in his second WAFL outing, prowling the ground level of the Subiaco forward line and causing chaos, often to the advantage of his team. He kicked a couple of goals, and could have contributed more if the territory battle hadn't been so significantly in Swan Districts favour which starved him of opportunities.

This performance is an example of how basic stats can be misleading. Malakai was super impactful in his second WAFL outing, prowling the ground level of the Subiaco forward line and causing chaos, often to the advantage of his team. He kicked a couple of goals, and could have contributed more if the territory battle hadn't been so significantly in Swan Districts favour which starved him of opportunities.

We’ve got one here.

Duggan has played his best games this year as an inside mid. His kicking is way too trash nowadays to be a half back flanker. Just let him play the role when we need it.

Also Yeo should be able to play that role. His attributes are actually best suited to that role.

We have far far greater needs than a defensive mid.
No we don't. Defensive mid is exactly what we need. Graham and even baker will provide much needed flexibility in our midfield mix, protecting what will likely be 4/5 kids under 20.

Yeo can help down back if we're under the pump or when travaglia needs rest.
Reid can rest down forward and kick a couple.
Hall, hewett, Draper, Hotton can be integrated into the mid rotations.
Duggan can play inside nugget

It also negates a need for the 'simmo' era gimp wing allowing Chesser, Johnsonn, Maric to move more freely.

Look at the best midfeilds and they have flexibility and options.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah we take Draper this year.
Next year take Cody Curtin
2026 we take Daniel Curtin in a trade from Adelaide using our future R2 2027
EFA

I don't see Curtin getting into their midfield and by 2026 comes around I think he will be sub 40 games. Adelaide can develop him as a Mid and move him as KPP if it doesn't workout.

Although Eagles should be speaking with his management every couple of months and 18 months from his contract ends get the deal done. We dont do this part well, and need to learn from Sydney, Geelong, Hawks, Collingwood of the world.

Is Sheeds foot/ankle issue bad enough that they will medically retire him this year?

This makes sense. Dom unfortunately is done and will only play WAFL from this point on.

Kicked a couple, involved in a couple more scoring opportunities and looks like a little pest in the forward half. Just what we need.

Thanks for your work.

hawks pick pick may be enough. I get that we don’t want to overpay but if we rate him whilst he is under contract, we may need to give that up. For a pick 23, or slightly higher, I’d keep him if I was crows.

Thats reality.
I wonder if a trade of pick 2 + Pies 2nd + our 2nd for 4 and Curtin would satisfy the Crows(assuming we trade Barrass to the Hawks for 10 + pies 2nd). Or even trad those 2 2nd rounders into the 1st round and use that.

Essentially still getting one of those mids under the blanket of a possible 1-5 selection and trading 2 2nd rounders for Curtin.

Duggan has played his best games this year as an inside mid. His kicking is way too trash nowadays to be a half back flanker. Just let him play the role when we need it.

Also Yeo should be able to play that role. His attributes are actually best suited to that role.

We have far far greater needs than a defensive mid.
With Ginbey and Hough playing more aggressive down back id argue we could make Duggan play more accountable. Coles been playing higher up the ground too.

Put Duggan in a back pocket and he can be a leader of the backline alongside Gov, If we lose Barrass we lose some of that leadership back there.

Ginbey, Hough, HEdwards, plus a Johnston/Travaglia type with Gov and Duggan isnt a bad backline imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They expect theyre getting overs for him, band 2 or 3 compo. If it was only band 5 compo theyd probably be less excited about it.

They expect theyre getting overs for him, band 2 or 3 compo. If it was only band 5 compo theyd probably be less excited about it.
Don’t want either of them but if some numpty in charge insists we get them both then getting Graham to band 2 and paying less in draft capital for Baker is the way to do it.

Whilst I understand the list build strategy, I don’t like it all and especially not this year.

Last edited:

please don't let another good kid be nicked off us

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Definite signs he’s above WAFL level of talent. Exciting. Rules have changed back at the right time for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Get him on the team

I’m still really high on Moraes if we split or get another first in or if we want to move up with our 2nd rounder

27 disposals and FIVE goals yesterday, he runs hard all day, is very outside but we also need outside class desperately. He reminds me a lot of someone like Rozee.

Smillie only had 10 touches, I’m unsure if he went off injured though?

With Ginbey and Hough playing more aggressive down back id argue we could make Duggan play more accountable. Coles been playing higher up the ground too.

Put Duggan in a back pocket and he can be a leader of the backline alongside Gov, If we lose Barrass we lose some of that leadership back there.

Ginbey, Hough, HEdwards, plus a Johnston/Travaglia type with Gov and Duggan isnt a bad backline imo
Hough has shown his best position is lock down small defender. Ginbey will be third tall defender. The rest have to be elite rebounders which Duggan is not.

Why are we bending over backwards to fit graham into the team hahaha. Just play Duggan as defensive mid if that’s what we want. It’s the perfect way to hide his deficiencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back